1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo DS/3DS ???

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by SICK, Sep 13, 2013.

1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Ok guys....Not a big Nintendo fan. But my 5 year old son REALLY wants a DS. I just don't know which one is which....what games go with what....and what options are there....seems like endless supply?!?!

Can anyone in laymen's terms explain the DS to me?

Also side not, been using 99gamers.com for trading games I don't use. Awesome site! Already sold Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead 2!

2. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    DS is the older model like a game boy, 3DS is newer and uses 3d it's like a game boy color. Don't buy the DS. Any 3DS can play DS games but not vice versa. Also, most games coming out are for 3DS. I would buy the 3DS Xl. It's much bigger and nicer IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

SICK likes this.
  3. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Just get him Pokemon. Duh, Chris...

Frumundah Finnatic and SICK like this.
  4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    for a 5 year old? Also, is there different prices for different version of 3ds?

5. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

Go with the 2DS... Version of the 3DS with no 3D... The 3D feature can cause problems with children's developing eyesight.

2DS uses 3DS games and is also backward compatible... Doesn't come out until October, though...

If you can't wait that long, DS is better for someone your son's age... DS XL for larger screen.

SICK likes this.
  6. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    You can turn the 3DS off if you are concerned about eye sight. Like I said, why would you buy an older system and limit yourself on games. Say Zach wants to play the new Pokemon, that's only on the 3DS, and he can't play it on the DS.

As for the 2DS that is an option, but like you said it doesn't come out until October. Also I don't like how it is shaped.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Colorado Dolfan likes this.