1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NJ's Power Ranking Try

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by NJFINSFAN1, Oct 7, 2008.

Tags:
  1. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Be Easy on me! First time trying.

1. Giants- No Brainer, Deepest Team in the NFL
    2. Steelers- I know they are hurting, but man is Ben tough!
    3. Titans- Still not sold on them, but 5-0, but handed win last week (Bad call)
    4. Redskins- So much for an early second round pick.
    5. Panthers- Tough Defense
    6. Cowboys- Have weapons, defense is ahhh. NFC East is Dam Tough!
    7. Bills- Bills fans worst nightmare, seeing Losman play and Edwards out cold!
    8. Bears- Defense, and Orton not making mistakes.
    9. Eagles- Could be 5-0 if in another divison
    10. Cards- One bad game on defense, but they can score.
    11. Ravens- Wow what a defense, but where is the offense?
    12. Pats- Still good, but we really don't know, cracks in the walls.
    13. Broncos- Very Good offense, very bad defense
    14. Falcons- They can run, Ryan playing well, defense good enough
    15. Dolphins- On a roll, beat two good teams.
    16. Jets- I know Jet fans, you beat us, but it was iffy.
    17. Jags- Playing some real tough games, will pay off at end.
    18. Buccs- Good defense, where's the offense?
    19. Colts- Could be higher, but they are not playing well at all.
    20. Chargers- How is this team 2-3??? Oh Norv is the coach
    21. Vikings- If they only had a coach and a QB
    22. 49ers- Been playing well
    23. Saints- How is this team 2-3????
    24. Packers- I don't know what to think about this team.
    25. Seahawks- You lose by 38 points and are still better than 7 teams.
    26. Raiders- They are a mess, just not the worse, have weapons.
    27. Texans- Could be 3-1
    28. Browns- How are they 1-3?????
    29. Bengals- Bye Bye Marvin.
    30. Cheifs- Bye Bye Herm
    31. Rams- hello Haslet, they will play for him!
    32. Lions- Can anyone here play this game?

2. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i see the Cards gettin some love around here. they're a tough one to call. i think they may beat dallas this week, and are VERY tough at home. but i think they're gonna lay down a lot on the road. not saying i'd know where to throw them, but they are a tale of two teams i think. good job on the poll.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  3. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I would have to agree. Really hope they DO beat the Cowflops this weekend. They have SPANKED both us and the Jills.

I also do NOT think the Stillers deserve that much credit. They have been VERY VERY fortunate.

Not bad effort Greg. Easily better than I could do. :up:

BUt, thats not saying much.... :lol:

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think that the Steelers are too high to be honest. This team is battered and bruised. They have linemen down, Roethlisberger is banged up as is their number one pick, Mendenhall whose done for the year. Despite Roethlisberger taking hits non-stop, he has managed a way to complete enough passes for them to win. On defense, Lamaar Woodley whose speed, power dominates opposing Tackles while James Harrison wreaks havoc on the opposite side. Woodley has 5.5 sacks this year I think and Harrison is right there as well. I still think they should be in the top ten but not in top two or five IMO.

I think the Eagles are in a good spot but I don't know what to make of them. They're very inconsistent offensively, averaging less than 100 total yards in the last three games than they averaged in the first two. Westbrook is hurting and they keep trying to run a power offense but don't have the linemen to do that. On defense, Sheppard has outplayed Samuel which is a positive IMO. They still need a rusher opposite of Trent Cole. They're a very confusing team overall.

Flip Ravens with Broncos and then flip Broncos with Cardinals IMO.

I think the Packers should be in the top twenty, preferably in the late teens. They have been very unfortunate with injuries, especially Cullen Jenkins. The guy was dominating and then they lose Al Harris as well to a spleen injury. He may comeback later in the season btw but at the moment, they are playing more zone than man-to-man due to the lack of a premier CB opposite of Woodson. I still think that they should be in the late teens though.

EDIT: Just read that Chad Clifton is down. Forget what I said about the Packers lol, good ranking NJ.

Not sure about the Falcons. Before last week, I think they had six FG's on the road and no touchdowns. If they continue to score at home and on the road, they could be up there. I guess they're a good ranking at the moment.

Overall, I think you did a good job with your first try. I can't fault you, you did a much better job than I would lol. I suck at these things.

Key to beating Arizona is keeping them under 21 points. They are under .500 when they score under 21.

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.
  5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Nice job NJ, I love doing power ranking and reading other peoples opinions of teams around the league. I think you rank the Cards a tad highly, but overall I think about the same on most teams. Heres mine.

1.Giants - Last year wasnt a fluke, and is there a better QB than Eli right now?
    2.Titans - Best D in the league so far, and the offense, while ugly at times, can put some points up when needed.
    3.Redskins - Played all 3 road divisional games ... and won 2 of em. Now face a trio of the worst teams in the league.
    4.Steelers - Seem to be regaining form. If Big Ben isnt getting planted, hes making Big Plays. Defense can still dominate.
    5.Cowboys - Defense has slipped lately, but O may still be games most explosive.
    6.Panthers - Shhh, 4-1 with some tough wins, they are very solid on both sides of the ball right now.
    7.Broncos - D finally stepped up in a game they needed too, lets see if both sides of the ball can be in synch. If not they wont get far, if so they are true contenders.
    8.Bears - Wait a second. Kyle Orton? What? Okay, it was Detroit, but KO (coin it now!) is doing more than managing games. And Matt Forte is ROY right now.
    9.Bills - Thrashing by Cards doesnt look good after playing patty cake teams the first few games. Edwards' injury will test team, as will hardening schedule.
    10.Patriots - Rebounded well from a disaster against Miami to win a tough coast-coast road game. Moss stepped up to carry the O finally. This team is still largely an enigma due to Bradys loss.
    11.Buccaneers - Garcia needs to bring some of that magic back. Or Joey Galloway. This team looks great at times, but then looks old and slow.
    12.Eagles - Got off to a great start, but have struggled as of late. Brian Westbrooks health must be a concern.
    13.Jets - Had a bye after wiping the floor with the cards, will they carry the momentum or come out with a dud. Need to keep Favre involved and hope he avoids his classic killer miscues.
    14.Cardinals - Are they the team that wins by 20 or loses by 20? Capable of enormous highs and lows, they need to find some consistency.
    15.Ravens - Flacco looking good, but the O still isnt scoring much, putting pressure on a still good defense, but one that has some holes.
    16.Saints - Injuries and bad luck are plaugeing them right now, but they also need to find some consistency. Despite late collapse, D showed up finally, and Bush is breaking out.
    17.Falcons - Riding some rookie highs right now, and the feet of Burner Turner, they are shocking alot of people after last years lows...
    18.Dolphins - As are the Phins, who now beat both AFC championship teams from last season.
    19.Chargers - What is going on? They started slow last year too, but health for several people is a concern, and there are questions starting to surface over the coaching staff as well.
    20.Jaguars - Another huge letdown team right now. The defense isnt nearly as good as last year, and the offense has not been good enough to compensate. Must step it up now if they want to challenge last years success.
    21.Colts - Have looked shaky on offense, and flat out terrible on defense. Needed a miracle (or several) to win against lowly Texans.
    22.Packers - Another of last years top teams fading over the last few games. Defensive injuries are killing them, as are mistakes. Must be better defensively to go along with offensive outbursts.
    23.49ers - Tough home loss against the Patriots. Watching high priced FA Nate Clements get toasted by Moss cant have tasted good. The fire dept. has been called in to watch Mike Nolans seat.
    24.Vikings - Winning over the Saints was more a fluke than anything, though if Gus and Berrian can keep up their success from the last 2 drives, they could rise substantially.
    25.Seahawks - Injuries are hurting the offense yes, but where is the defense? I dont think they have shown up yet after a really nice '07 campaign.
    26.Raiders - Cant be taken seriously as long as Al Davis reigns.
    27.Browns - This team has fallen hard. One more bad outing for Anderson and its time to bring in Brady Quinn.
    28.Bengals - Have put up points against good teams the last 2 weeks, but still cant win. And the defense is still terrible. And Chris Perry apparently had his hands amputated at some point in the offseason. Will be a miracle if Lewis lasts half the season.
    29.Texans - Regressing hard from promising '07 finish, best in their history. The Hurricane didnt help, but neither do blowing wins against the Jags and Colts. Ball control guys!
    30.Chiefs - Erk. After a shockingly good game against Denver, the Chiefs fell flat on their face. Herm Edwards is a terrible coach, they have little talent, and even less heart right now it seems.
    31.Lions - Matt Millen was the first step, but not the only one. Team needs a total overhaul from top to bottom.
    32.Rams - Making the coordinator of the leagues worst defense your head coach. That about says it all right there folks.

NJFINSFAN1 likes this.