No Contract Extension for Tua Yet

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by resnor, Sep 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Hooligan and Sceeto like this.
  2. Tuanon4Life

Tuanon4Life Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    Hey bud I think we already settled this debate a few months back. We all agree Miami would be total fools to give Tua a big long term contract now. We have him locked up this year and next year. If he proves he can stay healthy he's going to get paid.

Striking, Hooligan and texanphinatic like this.
  3. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    So we can't even discuss Tua and national news stories now?

I mean, not for nothing, I've been demeaned repeatedly on this site for not being convinced, but it certainly seems that the front office feels the same.

This is exactly the type of stuff forums are made to talk about

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
  4. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    From the same article, but let's not get a narrative in the way. They had discussions on an extension and mutually decided to let it play out. I don't see what the big deal is.

Good to see you back posting and playing the victim again, resnor.

5. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020
    This isn't really news. It was all discussed when they picked up his option. Nobody thinks it would be a good idea to extend him now. Except perhaps, his agent. And his wife.

6. StaleTacos

StaleTacos Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2022
    So you think Tua didn't want a massive guaranteed contract and preferred to let the season play out where one more concussion potentially ends his career? You think that was from Tua's camp? LOL

He's just saying what he should in public when asked why he hasn't gotten a long term contract. Tua is good like that.

Sceeto and resnor like this.
  7. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I guess I don't understand why people want to pretend this situation isn't here. It's incredibly concerning that the team isn't interested, at this point, in a long term contract.

8. Tuanon4Life

Dec 23, 2022
    Tua has a strong faith in God. That's why he isn't sweating his contract situation right now. Tua is good like that.

Dolphins Undefeated likes this.
  9. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Tua has only portrayed himself as a man of faith, honor and respect. Do you not believe him when he says he wants to earn his massive contract extension?

Or, do you really think he asked for a $250+ million extension coming off two concussions this off-season?

10. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    OMG. They discussed a contract extension all off-season. Tua wants to focus on getting through this season healthy. They both mutually agreed to table extension talks until after the season. READ YOUR OWN ARTICLE.

11. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    You can be a man of faith, honor, and respect and want to secure yourself and your family financially. Pretending Tua doesn't want a Herbert level deal is delusional. Nothing is mutual about the decision. The Dolphins didn't and wouldn't offer it, and Tua is just doing the respectful thing with the media as he usually does.

Sceeto likes this.
  12. Tuanon4Life

Dec 23, 2022
    Are you worried about Wilkins not getting a deal yet? Both sides are waiting to work on his extension so it isn't a distraction. He's entering his fifth year.

13. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    I don't really find it concerning. The team is fully aware of Tua's risks, probably more than anyone else. They aren't going to offer anything large until Tua can show he can stay healthy AND productive in a season.

resnor likes this.
  14. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Have you considered that the Dolphins want to pay Tua the lowest amount of money that they can? That doesn't concern you!?!?!

15. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    OMG Tua said this himself and I posted the exact quote!

But, nah Tua and everyone else is lying to the media now. Give me a break.

16. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    No. You posted a part of the quote. This is the full quote:
    "I think regardless of what it is, if they wanted to do it now, if they wanted to wait, whatever," Tagovailoa explained. "I think for myself, I’m always a person that wants to prove to myself that I deserve whatever I get. So for me, I feel like this is something that I need to work for. It’s as plain and simple as that."

Tua is just reacting to the Dolphins not offering a long term deal. Nothing about the lack of long term deal is mutual. The Dolphins have no interest in offering it at this point. Smart.

Sceeto likes this.
  17. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    And TheHighExhaulted

18. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Everyone is lying. There is no mutual respect between the Dolphins and Tua.

19. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    I literally posted that it's not a big deal that they decided to mutually table contract talks in a previous post.

20. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    Clearly. That's why we signed Mike White to replace him. Duh.

[​IMG]

21. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Pretty sure the Tua contract talks were mutually tabled in July. I'm not sure why it's being lumped into the recently stalled Wilkins talks.

I guess some people got bored.

OwesOwn614 likes this.
  22. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    You know how it works around here. Some folks feel like life lacks meaning if they don't take the time to dis Tua. We've kicked up dust on his performance for three years. There's no dispute about whether his health is a concern. Might as well find something else to argue about, even if there's no there there. OP's poking the bear and personally, I wouldn't invest too much time or energy in this one.

23. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    So delirious. Mutual respect? Sure.

A mutual decision to table extension talks? Naaaa. Dolphins want no part of extension talks until Tua stays healthy and productive a whole season.

It's like the equivalent of a hot girl at the bar saying I have no interest in having sex with you because you are ugly. And you saying, a mutual decision has been made because, "I’m always a person that wants to prove to myself that I deserve whatever I get. So for me, I feel like this is something that I need to work for. It’s as plain and simple as that."

MUTUAL! SEE?!?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2023
    Sceeto likes this.
  24. Tuanon4Life

Dec 23, 2022
    Did you think this hypothetical story up yourself or is it a personal story? Girls can be so heartless.

OwesOwn614 and StaleTacos like this.
  25. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    After all of the endless debates and discussions all off-season here and in the media, with threads being shutdown and posts deleted, with support groups being formed around the country, all the venom being spewed, after that all, the moment comes, it’s finally here, it’s finally here!! Tua takes his first snap of the year in a live game and………
    and……..he throws a soft armed ball, slightly outside, into multiple defenders that gets picked off and returned to the one yard line and who tried to stop the return by throwing his recently concussed head into the defender to try to stop the return in a meaningless preseason game.

That could possibly be an example of why they are not rushing to give him close to a quarter of a billion dollar contract…:.no?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2023
    resnor and StaleTacos like this.
  26. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Why would it be concerning? Certainly both sides know he has to prove he can stay healthy.

Are we supposed to be MORE concerned that the front office knows its been an issue?

Tuanon4Life likes this.
  27. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    LOL. I'm trying to figure which of you cusses at the TV screen when we win and it's because of Tua and not in spite of him. I know there are more than a few fans who'd prefer for him to be a game manager and not actually a good QB.

28. Tuanon4Life

Dec 23, 2022
    Imagine the hysteria here if Tua got his mega deal extension already? OMG what were they thinking!?

29. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Wilkins isn't the most important piece on the team. So, no, I'm not as concerned about him as I am with Tua, and no one else should be either. Does Wilkins have a massive injury history? Like you're trying to make the two situations the same, when they aren't.

Sceeto likes this.
  30. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    So, now we are just going to act like the last three years of paying on here right happen?

GTFO. And you guys have the balls to call me a troll, out moving goalposts.

Just put me on ignore if all you want to do is argue with me over national stories.

31. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Do you think that Tua should get a massive deal today? Would you be happy if they gave him that? If you wouldn't, then why are trying to make a mockery of this topic? Would it be wise for the Dolphins to give him a massive long-term contact today? If not, why?

32. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I don't know why you are being defensive. I asked a question and you didn't answer.

We all know he hasn't stayed healthy and its an issue.

33. Tuanon4Life

Dec 23, 2022
    My post obviously went right over your head. You're trying to make it a big deal Miami hasn't committed to Tua yet. I'm saying if they did (some) people here would have a meltdown. Get it now?

34. Wilkimania

Wilkimania Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    This thread confuses me. I think everyone is in agreement that it would've been unwise to pay Tua this summer after his injuries last year. What's the debate here? I don't think it's the team saying he isn't the guy, I think it's the team being sensible and saying that they need Tua to prove that he can play a full season.

Puka-head, Hooligan and RGF like this.
  35. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Really ? Do you honestly think a deal not getting done NOW is because they aren't sold on Tua ?
    Really?

36. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    100% spot on. This is so insanely obvious.

37. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Nope. The known, greedy, me me me guy Tua asked for $300 million this off-season and the Dolphins said no and now Tua is playing the media that he's a nice guy.

RGF and OwesOwn614 like this.
  38. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    Dumbest post of the season candidate and Week 1 hasn't even started yet.

RGF likes this.
  39. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Does anyone else find it odd that THIS thread has gotten more responses than my thread that I made to actually be positive about Tua?

Just think about what that says about some of you guys posting style. Seriously. Think about it.

Tuanon: yes I understand your point. Do you understand the point I'm making?

Hint: my point has ZERO to do with Tua. For three effing years I've been demeaned, ridiculed, had my posts twisted, blocked, and been mocked by posters because I've been honest with my thoughts on Tua...and a whole bunch of you have spent three years telling me I'm wrong, telling me Tua is awesome, and I'm ******ed for thinning otherwise. Now you all want to act like I'm somehow being a dick by posting this story, which simply proves the **** myself, and a few others, been saying for three years.

Now you guys wasn't to act like OF COURSE he shouldn't get a long term desl yet??

Then what in the actual **** have you guys been arguing with me for then?

Tuanon4Life likes this.
  40. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    It's concerning because you all have been telling me for three ****ing years that I was blowing **** out of proportion.

This is some next level gaslighting you guys are engaging in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.