No Contract Extension for Tua Yet

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by resnor, Sep 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilkimania

Wilkimania Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Tua revenge tour?

Tuanon4Life likes this.
  2. StaleTacos

StaleTacos Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2022
    I did give props. Multiple times in the game thread. Also, above in this thread. Maybe read posts first?

Only morons are taking victory laps on Tua right now when anyone with half a brain knows Tua's problem is consistency at a high level and longevity.

3. FinFaninBuffalo

FinFaninBuffalo Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    LOL @ the Tua haters.

Tuanon4Life likes this.
  4. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Dude went 28/45 for 466 yards with 3 TDs and an INT and a clutch game-winning drive. If he didn't throw to spots, I guess he would have had 29 completions? Yeah, that guy sucks.

Speaking of Spot, he catches well because he's a good boy and I'm perfectly fine with throwing to him.
    [​IMG]

5. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    I'm not going to pat myself on my own back, but was I right?

Tuanon4Life likes this.
  6. Tuanon4Life

Tuanon4Life Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022

7. Tuanon4Life

Tuanon4Life Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    Ok pal. I'm sure you wouldn't be gloating right now if Tua sucked today. See ya next week.

StaleTacos likes this.
  8. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    LOL!! Nobody's taking a victory lap for anything other than a good performance in a *gasp* victory. Only a moron would pretend that people who two years ago said that he wasn't good enough to play at a high level aren't honest enough to admit that he's already proven them wrong. Better to move the goal posts and change the debate to health now that your receipts are being cashed in, huh?

What sort of fan isn't geeked out after today's game? What sort of fan is thinking more about "how good he really is" instead of being able to at least appreciate being 1-0? You're entitled to your opinion, BTW. I'll never call someone wrong for feeling different from me.

But if that person shows literally no level of objectivity, I can at least call it out. In my opinion, I'd be d***ed if I found a reason to be salty after my favorite team walked off the field victorious. I'd be f***ed if I was sorry that we won because a guy I don't like played well. But that's me. You go be you.

Springveldt and RGF like this.
  9. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Disagree. There's multiple people talking about how right they were on Tua after ONE game.

There's no moving of goalposts. Playing well for a full season is the goal. Getting to the playoffs and winning is the goal. Winning a SB is the goal. That should be your goal as a fan too. If you get super geeked on one regular season win, or super sad over one loss, hope you enjoy this win, but that's not me. I'm not remotely salty, I'm just actually aware of what a full season is. I'm sure the Dolphins are too.

10. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Yup. You STILL mad bro.
    This one performance from Tua will have you awake in anger all night.

11. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    I love you, man. But if you can't be happy after each victory during the season, you're better off watching something else and coming back in 18 weeks to see if you were wrong or right. No doubt, a great QB has to play the whole season and then perform well in the tournament. We can all agree on that. But dang, if your first thought after a win is to wait for something to complain about, it seems a little depressing.

"Daddy! I'm playing lead in Romeo and Juliet next week!"
    "That's good, Cupcake. But if you don't get lead in Hamilton!, West Side Story, and Cats, like George Herbert's little boy Justine, I'm not going to give you props for one lucky break."

It's okay to be happy. Even if you think it's temporary.

12. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    The difference is, the daddy you mentioned WANTS his child to succeed.

OwesOwn614 likes this.
  13. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    I wasn't waiting for something to complain about, and I haven't complained about anything? I just don't get very high or low based on one game. It doesn't prove anything one way or another for me, but there is certainly folks in this thread where it does validate their position, or they are just looking to troll.

14. RGF

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Wrong. It's victory laps on a huge Dolphins win orchestrated by a fantastic game by Tua.
    If you have a problem admitting your displeasure when Tua plays well that's on you. But trying to BS anyone that you're "cautiously happy" for him, that's just making you sound even worse.

PickleRick likes this.
  15. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Yeah, but he was doing this last year too. You just simply don't like him for whatever reason and you continue to hold strong on that stance. I applaud you for digging in, but I don't applaud how ridiculous you sound right now.

RGF and Ronnie Bass like this.
  16. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    [​IMG]

Fireland likes this.
  17. FinFaninBuffalo

FinFaninBuffalo Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
    So, is Tua still figured out????? Inquiring minds want to know.

In related news, are Mahomes, Burrow, and Herbert now figured out????

Tuanon4Life likes this.
  18. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Yeah, remember all the flak thrown at pro-Tua posters about Herbert beating Tua when they played each other last year because Tua was "figured out"? I think that's going to need another moving of goalposts!

Fantastic game though. Oh, and that announcer (Kevin Harlan I think) was really good.

FinFaninBuffalo likes this.
  19. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I do recall in the game day thread after Tua’s interception you stated, and I quote…

“There’s the Tua I know”

Taco Bell, you are VERY quick to get down on Tua. Your posting history doesn’t suggest otherwise.

However, in all FAIRNESS to you, you did post a few attaboys to Tua as well.

20. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    After ALL his posting history you think he's sincere about those attaboys? Nah, it's an attempt to provide cover in case he's wrong about Tua without ever having to admit he's wrong. Seriously, when is the last time you remember him admitting he was wrong about Tua only being "average" to "slightly above average", even for a game?

lol.. today's performance was elite level. Repeatedly coming back to secure the victory when the defense was trash. This is precisely what Marino did. And what was so great about that was it didn't seem like nerves got to him. That's what you call "clutch" if you will. Even a highly critical eye would only find a handful or so throws to nitpick about. VERY good performance.

The_Dark_Knight likes this.
  21. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    I mean, it's a game thread. There's going to be emotional statements on every play. Let the season play out folks. I assure you next week he won't have this type of performance. How Bosa and Mack had 0 hits and 0 sacks is just insane.

22. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Remember last season? All during the preseason, EVERYONE was saying this was a “This is a make or break season for Tua”. Everyone remember that? And what did Tua do? Oh he led the league in every significant quarterback statistic. He did EVERYTHING everyone said he had to do.

So what’s the logical assumption for Tua this season? Well he HAS to have a drop off. It’s only reasonable he can’t repeat the same thing…at least not at THAT level.

Well, only Dan Marino and Tom Brady had more passing yards on opening day in NFL history.

Sure, was today’s game only ONE game in the 2023 season? Sure, but Tua’s picked right up where he left off last season…and folks are STILL dumping on him?

To quote our President, Mr Magoo, “c’mon man”.

23. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    He left off the previous season with multiple bad performances and on the injury list. 'Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.'

Let the season play out more.

24. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    You’re right. There were a lot of posters who prematurely said we were going to lose. Which utterly amazes me they were giving up so soon.

Please elaborate on your statement “he won’t have this type of performance next week”

25. OwesOwn614

Jul 8, 2020
    To make the analogy land, the guy in my take wants his child to succeed if her name is Erin Rodgers.

26. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    If you are still making the same anti arguments you are not a fan. Period. It wouldn't matter if you still believe you are right because you would be too happy about todays game to care and you would desperately want to be wrong and would be so glad to be wrong even if just for one day.

27. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Belichick has done a real good job on Tua in the past. You really think he's going to throw for 466 yards and 3 TDs? Statistically that will probably be the most yards he throws in a game this year. Similar to Baltimore last year. It's just not that common to explode on offense like that and get hit so little, although Tua doesn't get hit because he usually gets rid of ball so quickly.

28. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Listen Taco, If you or anyone else thought Tua’s 2021 season, with co-offensive coordinators and a fired head coach who never believed in Tua in the first place was going to be a recipe for great quarterback play, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Flores is a Belichick disciple. Belichick himself tries the co-offensive coordinator scheme last season. Even that didn’t work for the Don Shula wanna be.

Once McDaniel arrived, Tagovailoa’s game was elevated…and it continued today.

Can you even admit the POSSIBILITY that Tua is indeed what he was expected to be with the right coach in McDaniel?

Springveldt likes this.
  29. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I wouldn’t say Belichick has done a good job against Tua. The last time I checked, Tua is undefeated against Belichick.

30. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Of course it's possible, just doubt it's probable until he shows us a full season of it. A real good sign and first step though today.

31. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Yeah, but he hasn't exactly lit him up in those wins offensively. Are you expecting 300+ yards 3+ TD performance next week?

32. Phin McCool

Phin McCool Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Not very good Yards After Catch stats though.... :wink2:

OwesOwn614 likes this.
  33. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I refer you to last season

34. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    And I refer you to Skylar freaking Thompson starting the game to get us into the playoffs and starting the game in the playoffs.

Tua needs to play a FULL season of elite play. Then I buy in.

35. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Winning is winning, whether you win by an inch or a mile.

You wouldn’t consider Joe Burrow a scrub because he only has a 1-4 record against the Browns, would you?

If you don’t, then you certainly can’t consider Tagovailoa a scrub because he hasn’t lit the stat board up against Belichick.

36. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    I didn't say I consider Tua a scrub because he hasn't lit up the scoreboard. All I said was I doubt he does light up the scoreboard because historically he hasn't against NE.

So again, do you expect 300+ yards and 3+ TDs against NE?

37. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    "Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on." -Fred Jung

38. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Taco…not even Patrick Mahomes started every game last season. He was out with an injury.

And if your concern is the injuries that sidelined Tua, I would suggest you point THAT concern at the porous offensive line we’ve had for a decade.

It was the offensive line that failed to protect Tua and caused him to get his ribs blasted in 2021. It was the offensive line that failed to block for Tua that caused him to the WHIPPED LASHED to the ground against the Bengals last season.

I have stayed for YEARS it would t matter who we had at quarterback…Brady, Brees, Manning etc…if they had to play behind the offensive lines we’ve fielded, even those great ones would get their a$$e$ beat to fuuk up.

39. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Tua doesn't get injured because of an offensive line. He gets injured because he's fragile AF. Tua gets hit so infrequently because of his release. Last year, Kirk Cousins got hit 84 times, Herbert 72, Wilson 65 and Tua got hit 25! This is a theme in his career. Tua NEVER gets hit. You can blame the offensive line for lots of things, but Tua's injuries are on him and him alone.

40. The_Dark_Knight

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Bottom line…it’s not beyond the realistic realm of possibilities.

Tua’s last game against New England, he was 23/33 for 270 yards, 1 TD, 0 Int and an average of 8.2 yards. Each of his games against New England, Tua’s performance against Belichick has only improved each time he’s faced him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.