1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No debate: Dolphins better than at this time in '08

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/miami-dolphins/story/1096270.html

'
    Good to hear. ;)
    :D
    Well, there's the interior of the OL, but we shall see. ;)

2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    there can be no argument
    we are a better team in 2009

Sceeto likes this.
  3. NolePhin

NolePhin Look out for D-Bess

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    Better team, harder schedule. I can't wait!

TheMageGandalf and Sceeto like this.
  4. phineas64

phineas64 Season Ticket Holder

Gonna be a lot of fun. We may lose more games this year than last, but we're nobody's cakewalk anymore. I'm looking forward to the second of many years of solid or better play by my beloved Fins!

DOLPHAN1 and Sceeto like this.
  5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

We are light years ahead of where we were at this time last year! Good article, thanks for posting it.

Sceeto likes this.
  6. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I want the Dolphins to be so good that other teams dread playing the Dolphins, I want them to be so tough that other teams get beat up when they play the Dolphins. I want them to be a team that other teams no longer look beyond to future opponets, but that other teams look beyond other opponets to a future meeting with the Dolphins. That would be great to look forward to.

7. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Wish more of the naysayers saw that part of the statement as people tend to just see the harder schedule part and forget that we have gotten better, not worse, or even stayed the same.

mullingan likes this.
  8. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    there's a lot of ill-will & jealousy heaped on the Miami Franchise annually
    I"m tired of seeing the team kippered & priscoed @ every opportunity by biased pundits of the sport
    the road to the SuperBowl will come through Miami & there will be blood, regardless of their opinion.
    GoFish!:up:

9. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Yep. We are placing our hopes on Grove, who has a pretty spotty injury history, Thomas...Who has 15X more weeks on the DL as NFL starts, and, Smiley, who is off yet another year on the IR. That's a powerful lot of IR time racked up between our starters. Then, for backups; Berger, who hasn't been a starter for any of the three NFL teams he's played for (And now back with us again) JD Quinn, who is a shooter away from being off the team, and Ndukwe, who was last seen doing his impression of one of the flying Walendas as Ngata tossed him like a Lawn Dart into Ronnie Brown. I'm not even going to talk about Alleman.

The bright side is our Tackles are money, for the most part. I just share your concern about the interior line.

Otherwise, there is no question this team is as good, or better than last year.

10. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

We are undoubtedly better than the last 5 yrs, but is it good enough?? With the tougher schedule and the apparent improvement made by our division opponents. We'll see...but I have eternal optimism, especially in June....LOL