1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No plans to watch the Superbowl this year

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by MikeHoncho, Jan 21, 2015.

1. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    That's pretty much it. Personally, the least interested in football I have ever been, forfeiting the season.

• A commissioner who time and again has demonstrated favor of dollars over the integrity of the game, or even basic morals for that matter.
    • The bouts of incompetent and/or downright shady officiating.
    • Years of flippant disregard for sportsmanship, fairness and competition. Even in the face of hard evidence.
    • Long standing and hallowed individual and team records, artificially shattered due to not just offensively favorable stipulations, but now also heavy equipment tampering.
    • More rules that offensive-production, all under the guise of player safety. While likely better, less profitable means of enforcing actual player safety are ignored (defenders safety much?). Let's face it, t's the bottom line that's truly being protected here.
    • The specifically crafted tax shelter this "non-profit organization" operates under. Topic for another day? The league will make enough money as it is without another drop in the tv deal bucket.

Personally, this has all come to a boiling point. In the words of the NFL's own cover-your-arse, hypocrite PR campaign: "NO MORE."

To whoever wins this game: Congrats.

I'm just about done questioning the integrity of the game and the league as a whole. For this year, at the very least.

2. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    My bad. Throw this thread in the Rants forum if it warrants no discussion.

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Sort of, still love the game, do find the Commish's office to be watering it down.

THAT is what bothers me

Tone_E likes this.
  4. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    [​IMG]

5. shamegame13

shamegame13 Madison & Surtain

Dec 15, 2014
    It is hard to watch any game that features the Cheatriots. Especially the Super Bowl.

6. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Its the last football game until august so ill be watching and hoping for a competitive game.

7. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    The only Super Bowl I've missed since 1984 was the 2009 game between the Saints and Colts when my whole area was buried by a blizzard and no one had power for a week. I'll be watching this one to root against the Pats plus as the usual cultural event.

To the NFL as a whole, its my greatest love in life other than my family, and I truely mean that. I wish that the commisioner's office had total power over the players, and could punish them whenever they needed it, personally. I've been in favor of most of the changes on the field, though I'm as upset as anyone about the lower quality of officiating these days, and the very apparent favoritism some clubs get from the league.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  8. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    It's weird....even the Pats/Giants superbowls I watched, cause I wanted to see the Patriots lose. Now? It's weird....I just don't give a ****. Like at all. It's still not the Dolphins.

padre31 and MikeHoncho like this.
  9. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Goodell just put the emphasis on a couple of those points.

10. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    I just don't want to watch this game at all. Does not Interest me, Might as well save the beer and wings and take my son to Six Flags,
    They close at 6, grab some food and by the time we get home the game should be over.
    Still debating to watch or not. Might have it on as background noise and play ps3 or something. Fun times

MikeHoncho likes this.
  11. Galant

Galant Love - Unity - Sacrifice - Eternity

Apr 22, 2014
    Living in Europe means that the only way I'll watch a super bowl live is if the Dolphins are playing. There's no other way I'm going to be staying/waking up for a 3am kickoff, or whatever it is this year.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  12. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Well put man, my sentiments exactly.

Gamble. It makes the NFL a lot more exciting, and frustrating, but exciting.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  13. I won't be watching a game that both brady and belichick should both be suspended from playing in.

Im not even sure who I prefer to win. If the Seahawks win it will serve the pats right to lose again and if the pats win it will serve the league right being stuck celebrating a team that everyone knows cheated their way to the championship. Either way im sitting this one out. They can find thier ratings elsewhere.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  14. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    I'll probably watch if my friends invite me over. Don't think I'll be actively seeking it out though. maybe a little just to eat some junk food and drink beer. If the pats win I'll be pretty pissed though. I have a feeling they will though. So, they'll give up a few draft picks if even that for a super bowl. Awesome.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  15. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    It's an annual party for me. Usually see some old friends that I don't really see the rest of the year. Same group, different venues - house party, bar, etc. Its good times. Gonna get ripped, eat bar food, gamble, etc. Typical Super Bowl party. I hate both teams in the game and would def. hate it if NE wins. But, is that gonna stop me from enjoying the day, not necessarily the game? No, and it shouldn't stop you guys either. I remember partying when I thought there was no way NE could lose (NY Giants x2) ready for disappointment. I still went to party and it worked out pretty well I'd say - even if it didn't, oh well. We can always add another asterisk this year, amirite?

Just enjoy the day with friends and booze. That's my opinion anyway.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  16. DPlus47

DPlus47 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 14, 2008
    I'm still watching the game, but I feel where you're coming from. I think the league has probably peaked and is on the way down due to mismanagement, but it's pretty high up there and the fall might take a minute.

I know this is not purely rational from me, but I will believe a little more in the game if the Seahawks win today. Those Giants victories remain two of my favorite memories. Here's hoping for a third tonight!

17. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    You can thank Goodell.