1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No thread on the Masters 2009?

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Paul 13, Apr 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Well, that was one hell of a tournament.

How many thought once Michelson went on fire today to hit 30 on the front nine that he wouldn't win? Going in the water at 12 really cost him. But to do it against Tiger was awesome to see.

I love the Masters, it's my favorite golf tourney of the year. Such an amazing course.

Congrats to Angel Cabrera, a cool player under pressure.

Really wanted to see Kenny Perry win though, he's been so hot the last several years. The whole age thing is just so rediculous these days. After that shot at 16, it was Perry's to lose and lose it he did. Wayward approach shots made him look tired / nervous.

Regan21286 and Da 'Fins like this.
  2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    I usually prefer to play rather than watch golf but I kept a close eye on the standings. Michelson and Tiger fought hard to get back in the mix but just wasn't enough at the end.

Paul 13 and Da 'Fins like this.
  3. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    I love the Masters as well. Been watching it religiously since 1972!

What a final day this was. That charge by Phil and Tiger was so exciting - I don't think I will get over it soon. Had one of them won, it would have been regarded as arguably the best Masters ever.

I am a big Mickelson fan. As he has so many times I expected him to drop off - but, I have to say, watching he and Tiger go head-to-head was as exciting and riveting golf as I've seen. The first 17 holes of their round was as good as any golf tournament I've seen.

Even with what happened to Phil at 12, he still had a great chance had he made those 4 footers on 15 and 17 (and he lipped out at 14).

I also wanted Perry after Phil was out. Kenny is a class act and really deserved it, imo.

But, Cabrera is a likable player also - and he came from abject poverty in Argentina. You can't help but like a player like that.

Paul 13 and Regan21286 like this.
  4. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I don't normally watch golf but I'd probably go see this tournament if I could get tickets. It's a tall order to even get practice round tickets. It's probably about impossible for a regular person to get tickets to the rounds that count. I live here and I've only seen the inside of that course on television and in pictures. What a shame.

Paul 13 likes this.
  5. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Isn't it a "public" course?

6. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA

It's definitely private. The course is surrounded by large hedges and trees so that you can't see it unless you're inside. And getting tickets to the tournament is basically impossible from what i've seen and heard. They have a lottery for practice round tickets that they do nearly a year in advance.

Paul 13 likes this.
  7. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Yeah that makes sense, not sure why I thought it was public...