1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No to Chris Palmer

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jpep13, Jan 8, 2011.

1. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    palmbeachpost.com

Chris Palmer

Currently head coach of the Hartford Colonials of the United Football League, he worked with Sparano and Ireland as quarterbacks coach under Parcells in Dallas. He also was QB coach with the New York Giants from 2007 through '09 under Tom Coughlin, whom Sparano respects tremendously.

Why it makes sense: He has some of the same Connecticut roots as Sparano (Palmer played at Southern Connecticut State and began his coaching career at UConn). Having coached under Parcells, he's familiar with the Sparano/Ireland approach. This is not what we need.

DolfanJake likes this.
  2. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    ............................................______ __
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?........................... ...........................\,
    .................../.................................................. .........,}
    ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
    .............../.................................................. .,:”........./
    ..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\

3. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    I agree this would be more of the same boring, plodding 1950's style football. When is it these guys will get it, that this is the 21st Century and that the forward pass has been invented.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  4. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Chris grew up in my home town. I know him and his brothers. Nice guy.

sent from my EVO 4G

Killerphins and padre31 like this.
  5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    DolfanTom likes this.
  6. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Palmer had it rough really....the Cleveland gig as HC

BB's tree though right. Artificial memory?

7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    IDK KillahP, did catch some CT UFL games and it looked very much like what we ran in Miami with better results of course.

8. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Best. Facepalm. Ever.

Killerphins likes this.
  9. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
  10. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Why is Ralph Friedgen not on the list?

11. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami

Like I mentioned in another thread, the person Ireland and Sparano go after to be there OC will tell us all we need to know about whether these guys will turn things around or will continue to regress. To me this OC process will be more gut wrenching than the HC drama we just went through.

12. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    If the Oline is not fixed it will not matter who they bring in at OC, if Henne is the Qb is mostly will not matter.

ATLFINFAN likes this.
  13. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    It always matters unless you're one of these people that think scheme, game planning and in game adjustments don't have any affect on a teams performance.

Personnel can be changed but a coaching philosophy ingranes itself on all players involved.
    Again, who they pick as an OC will tell us all we need to know about this staffs mindset and whether they will continue to be a group that underutilizes whatever talent they have or whether they will try to become a group that attempts to maximize whatever talent they have.

It is a huge deal.

14. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    50/50 bro. Its not all one or the other, you need both. (the right talent and the right scheme)

To quote our old OC Gary Stevens: "You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken ****"

15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Jake Long and 4 lawn chairs will not equate to success no matter who the OC is, or even who the Qb is, there is no scheming around that unpleasantness.

Thank goodness they can be waived.

Eh, normally, I'd agree, 8 months worth of lockout tells me this yr it is not as large of a deal as it would be otherwise, I think the effect of the lockout will be a stationary approach to most phases of the game, those who try to install an absolutely brand new system are rolling the dice as the reality of a 30 day training camp meeting a 300 play or more offense is a problem for those who attempt to do so.

16. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Chryst or Dorrell off the list please. Or look elsewhere.

17. Coral Reefer

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Don't disagree with that at all.

My beef is with those that disregard the importance of scheme and the how that scheme is used in specific game plans to beat opponents. It's just as big a deal as talent and can have just as big an effect.

18. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i agree that who they pick will be an indicator of what we can expect and to me at least, whether tony really got his wake up call

its time to stop picking coaches that are on your email or contacts list or guys you play golf with. they need to have the courage to peek their heads from outside the shadow of parcells. its very possible to be "tough" and "grind" and "impose our will" and run the ball under any system

is it reasonable to ask them to look at QB and WR coaches of successful NFL offenses and bring these guys in for interviews? is it reasonable to ask that the guy be under 50 years old?

19. Phyl

Phyl New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    I really hope we bring in an OC that gives us the prevent offense. Things like the forward pass and multiple formations are just a fad anyway.

/sarcasm

Unfortunately, I fear Sparano will feel the way I mentioned above.

20. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    With as rushed and ****ed up as this week's search was, I really hope we take our time and handle this properly. I get the feeling that we might wait to see who becomes available after the postseason unless they already have someone lined up since I'm sure they knew Henning was leaving. Not going to buy into names put out there by the monkeys tossing poo at the wall until I hear it at a presser.

21. finfaninilinois

finfaninilinois Active Member

Nov 29, 2009
    god damnit somebody needs to spark JUNE JONES interest

hmmmm JONES go for the throat way or tony's conservative way - yep there would be bloodshed on the sidelines:nutkick:

22. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    According to Pat Kirwin on Sirius Radio, it wont matter WHO the OC is if we keep Henne at QB. He says the problem wasnt Henning, it is HENNE. I think it was both, but Henne might have been the bigger issue.

23. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Ding ding ding!

If Palmer is brought in, I would not care if Josh McCown follows him back to Miami as at least he will know the play calls and will work cheaply enough, in fact he could be signed right now as he is a street FA, if he could manage not to throw int's in the 4th qtr on our side of the 35 yd line or inwards we probably will win some more ballgames.

24. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Oh God, we Fist Pump instead of thank now. Thank you Jeebus.

25. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Seriously, what are the references to 1950's football and not throwing the ball? It's like you didn't even watch. They passed 55% of the time, and more when their quarterback had his head out of his ***.

26. ATLFINFAN

ATLFINFAN Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I just noticed that ...........HILARIOUS....

27. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Jimmy Raye? And you guys think our offense was bad last year...

28. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    could actually happen with the Dolphins on Dover Beach