1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nolan among nfl types at uf pro day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by finyank13, Mar 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    for who besides Spikes guys?? Hayden??......this is totally overkill, and just throwing it out there but if Hayden is on the board at 12, u take him??

2. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    It's for Jermaine Cunningham primarily and to see how his shoulder is. But also to check on Dunlap I would think and Wright.

3. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Dunlap and Major Wright. Not that I want either of them, but there you go.

4. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Brandon Spikes ran a 5.08.

Wow.

bakedmatt likes this.
  5. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    That doesn't even make sense.

6. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I know his 40 was 4.72 or something a while back, but damn.

7. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    What Boomer forgets to post is that its a very crappy wet surface right now and he also got a big chunk of turf in his cleats from the field.

8. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    So if it was that bad, how come his other run was 5.02 and how come Joe Haden ran a 4.43 and Carlos Dunlap a 4.62?

finyank13 likes this.
  9. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    That isn't good for Spikes.....Hernandez throwing up 30, I was surprised at as well....good for him..

10. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Did you miss the part where he got a big chunk of the field stuck in his cleats? :lol: That might also slow you down

11. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Did you miss the bit where his first run was 5.02 and his second was 5.08? Did he have mud on his shoes on both those?

12. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007
    Hernedez ran a 4.59 as well.

13. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I know that its a wet surface and the field was starting to get torn up from people running already. You just posted a time without including all the facts. :up:

14. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod Season Ticket Holder

Nov 23, 2007
    Gainesville Florida
    I live in Gainesville and it is cold (for us) and raining so the field is wet.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/l...florida-031710

Updated Mar 17, 2010 1:04 PM ET
    Gainesville, Fla.

It is arguably the biggest Pro Day in NFL history.

That's because Florida Gators superstar Tim Tebow will finally unveil his new and improved throwing motion before NFL scouts.

Follow the announcements and rumors here in our NFL free-agency blog.

Since you can't be there for the action, Scout.com's Gators insider Bob Redmond is blogging live on the day's festivities.

For more inside info on the University of Florida, check out more at Florida.scout.com.

11:57 a.m. -- Markihe Anderson slipped in the 3-cone with a sloppy field from too much work. He came up limping.

11:46 a.m. -- Cooper, Hernandez, Wondy, Nelson, Doe and Mirkihe are all doing 3-cone drill now.

11:43 a.m. -- Looks like Tebow is done. Crowd is chanting "First Round Draft Pick!"

11:40 a.m. -- There hasn't been a misfire yet. Scouts ask for more work, and boom! Another perfect bomb to Hernandez.

11:36 a.m. -- Tebow to Hernandez on deep seam route ... Great route by Aaron ... Mike Holmgren had a great seat for that throw.

11:35 a.m. -- Tebow hits Cooper on a 45 yard post ... Cooper never breaks stride. Then, right away, he hits Nelson on the same route but opposite side of the field ... in stride.

11:33 a.m. -- Crowd appears to be 3,000 now, and they are cheering every throw. Tebow is really hitting the long out routes. I have to think this is an impressive performance following up a great combine showing.

11:29 a.m. -- He has been on the money on every throw so far. He's hitting the receivers in stride. Tebow is clearly holding the ball higher. He hasn't changed his delivery so much but he's not looping down to his waist on his throws. Tom Coughlin is front and center to watch.

11:28 a.m. -- Tim has obviously done a lot of work on his backpedal, and he looks like a total different player dropping back. Very quick with his feet. Very impressive.

11:25 a.m. -- And so it begins. Tebow is already doing very well in his throws. I heard one scout say "Wow" when Tebow improvised a run after a fake pass rush and threw on a dime 30+ yards down the field.

11:22 a.m. -- Reflects Scout.com Recruiting analyst Bill Green: "My first introduction to Tim Tebow came when a player I covered in recruiting, current Kentucky quarterback Mike Hartline, was going through the recruiting process. Hartline attended a camp on the East Coast, and when he returned he told me 'I just saw the greatest athlete I've ever seen, and he happens to be a quarterback. All the other quarterbacks at the camp were in awe of Tebow. I've never seen anything like this guy at quarterback.' Turns out Mike Hartline was right on the money in his evaluation."

11:15 a.m. -- It's almost Tebow Time. Hearing sirens in the background, and the clouds are starting to part.

11:10 a.m. -- Scout.com NFL analyst Adam Caplan on Tebow: "Everyone wants to know where Tebow ends up. I could see the Eagles having some interest in him, especially if they end up trading Michael Vick. If they do, Tebow could slide into Vick's role in the offense.

"The New England Patriots have never been shy about using players at different positions, and so I could see them having some interest in running Tebow at TE or H-Back.

"There's always been discussion about the Jacksonville Jaguars having some interest due to their proximity to Gainesville and the built-in Tebow fan base."

11:03 a.m. -- Major Wright is the biggest ham on the team. He has a beaming smile, and loves to sing, dance and rap. Back at the Army Game four years ago, it was easy to entice him to interview fellow 5-star recruits, Aaron Hernandez and Deonte Thompson, and as you can imagine, it was a great interview session.

11:00 a.m. -- Tebow is warming up with receiver Riley Cooper, who decided not to run today. Tebow will have a compliment of receivers to work with today in Cooper, David Nelson and Brandon James.

10:58 a.m. -- Elvis has entered the building. Tebow stepped out to explosive applause from the sizable crowd which continues to grow in size.

10:57 a.m. -- Moving into DB drills now with Joe Haden, Major Wright, Markihe Anderson and Wondy Pierre-Louis. LB, OL, and DL drills are now over.

10:55 a.m. -- CB Wondy Pierre-Louis is out here today and not many know that Gator assistant Chuck Heater had to spend a great deal of time in Haiti to make sure the paperwork on Wondy went through so he could stay in the States after high school. Wondy's family made it safely through the earthquake that devastated his hometown.

10:52 a.m. -- Responds Chris Steuber: "Tebow's mechanics are crucial to me. I want to see him take snaps under center, be quick in his 5-7 step drops and display balance. If his footwork is sound, his deliver and accuracy will be fine. But if he's off-balance, he will force the issue and revert back to his elongated release and lack accuracy."

10:50 a.m. -- Speaking of Tebow, it's hard to believe that the first guy to win the Heisman as a sophomore and led the nation in passing efficiency is also the guy that has to change everything about his motion. Tebow is a winner.

10:47 a.m. -- Still no Tebow, who is always first on the field and last off of it. I think these gloomy clouds will part if he would just come outside.

10:44 a.m. -- I can remember driving to Shelby, NC to visit Spikes and his mom after he signed with Florida. Mom lived in a nice, but little apartment, and was just beaming that her son had signed with the Gators. Spikes will most assuredly buy mom a house, and work to fund freeing his brother who he feels is falsely imprisoned for a crime. Spikes has always been a great leader at Florida and fantastic with the media when he had the chance. A real straight shooter.

10:35 a.m. -- No one seems to have a great sense of exactly how fast Brandon Spikes ran today. I've heard anywhere from 4.85 to 5.01. With his playing ability, anywhere in the 4.9s should guarantee him a place in the first round.

10:33 a.m. -- David Nelson may have secured a draft spot today with his 4.4 40. Nelson was quiet most of his career because he wasn't thrown the ball. The former Army All-American stands 6-5 and is over 200 lbs, and will be a big target for QBs.

10:31 a.m. -- The knock on Dunlap so far has been immaturity, but you have to remember he's only 20. There's a reason for the immaturity.

10:25 a.m. -- Says Chris Steuber, Scout.com's NFL Draft analyst: "I've confirmed that every NFL team will be present at Florida's Pro Day today. I've talked with over a dozen scouts and they're all interested to see his new release and if he can sustain it throughout the workout. Five scouts have basically said, 'If he reverts back to his old elongated motion, he will drop significantly on our draft board.' "

10:20 a.m. -- Former Gator assistant and current Ravens DC Greg Mattison is here. He knows these guys well.

10:13 a.m. -- Tebow fact: Tim has changed the face of Florida football for sure, even as it applies to media and fans. Rules regarding access were changed because of him. He would show up a half an hour before practice to take care of autographs and after practice he'd meet with hundreds of adoring fans. It's always been a madhouse around Tim and nobody could have handled it better.

10:08 a.m. -- Still no Tebow as they set up for position drills. Tebow has certainly drawn the biggest crowd ever for a pro day, and it continues to grow ...

10:02 a.m. -- David Nelson clocks a very impressive 4.5 4.

10:00 a.m. -- Jermaine Cunningham will not run today. Spikes runs a 5.0 flat on his second run.

9:58 a.m. -- Nearly all teams are represented in Gainesville today to see if Tebow can be Te-Pro. There are about 1,000 people now in the stands, and about that many on the field with players, coaches, scouts and media.

9:55 a.m. -- Brandon Spikes runs an unofficial 5.01.

9:54 a.m. -- Joe Haden runs a 4.43.

9:51 a.m. -- Little known fact: My dad was Tim Tebow's barber, so anyone who was sure he would end up at Alabama four years ago was fooling themselves. Everyone knows you tell your barber everything!

9:50 a.m. -- Carlos Dunlap with a 4.62.

9:49 a.m. -- Markihe Anderson runs in the 4.5 range. Dustin Doe in the 4.7s.

9:40 a.m. -- Unofficial 40 times for Joe Haden (4.42) and Hernandez (4.56).

9:38 a.m. -- Just found out that TE Aaron Hernandez threw up 30 reps of 225 in the bench. Carlos Dunlap bested his combine rep number by one by getting to 22. Tim Tebow did not lift.

9:34 a.m. -- I see David Nelson and Markihe Anderson. Looks they are about to run the 40, and it certainly isn't the best of conditions. I have a feeling Tebow may not doing anything but throw today.

9:28 a.m. -- It's drizzly and about 55 degrees. There's about 500 people in the stands ... mostly to see Tebow. There will be 17 other participants working out today as well including Gator great Eric Wilbur from a few years ago.

9:25 a.m. -- The NFL scouts are coming out of the locker room, so it appears that the 2010 Florida Gator Pro Day is about to get started.

mi2cents likes this.
  15. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    That article says Spiked never ran worse than a 5.01 but all times are unofficial.

16. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007

That's Gator homerism at it's VERY finest.

So how do you figure David Nelson running a 4.4 as he ran AFTER Spikes?

17. Boomer

Nov 30, 2007

McShay had him at 5.05, Tony Pauline at 5.08, Wes Bunting and Chris Steuber at 5.03.

Whatever time it was, it was still ABSOLUTELY HORRIFIC