1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nose in it?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by xphinfanx, Oct 31, 2012.

1. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Just nosing around. Anyone know of any players Philbin has brought along with him?
    I believe Sherman had the biggest influence in the draft. Sherman had to be part of Philbin but what players?

I mean every time a coach swaps teams they seem to snag or steal a few players. Or a few players jump ship with them.

For instance when Sparano, Ireland, Parcells, came to Miami they brought multiple Dallas players.

Sparano goes to the Jets now in the last game I see players on the field with names Y Bell, L Polite, C Gates probably more.

Fisher is now with the Rams as we know and theres C Finnegan.

Even Josh McDaniels goes to New England along comes Brandon Loyd.

Maybe there just wasn't any affordable FA from Green Bay that Philbin would request. Maybe the next season will have a FA that Philbin has his eyes on.

Anyone know of a player Philbin has been the biggest contributor to bring aboard?

2. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    That guard who retired in training camp, Steinbeck, is the only one I can think of.

Tone_E and xphinfanx like this.
  3. thisperishedmin

thisperishedmin Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    You could argue Philbin NOT bring Matt Flynn was a big contribution :shifty:

firedan, Larryfinfan, SCall13 and 5 others like this.
  4. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Ahh I did forget about Steinbeck.

I would agree to that.

5. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I think its a testament to the GB philosophy, that there weren't many players leaving there to take, and two it also shows Philbin isn't all that big on FAs..also part of the GB philosophy.

xphinfanx likes this.
  6. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    There were rumors after the draft that Michael Egnew was a "coaching staff" pick. Obviously Mike Sherman would've been familiar with him from his time in the Big12. I think you could draw a correlation with Philbin liking him due to his success with Jermichael Finley in Green Bay (the development process seems to be similar, though a bit slower in Egnew's case).

xphinfanx likes this.
  7. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Couldn't be.

It was only bc Ireland is incompetent that Flynn turned us down.

We could of really used a good 3rd string QB to compete w Devlin too.

Aqua4Ever04 and xphinfanx like this.