1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not including QB, what position is priority this off-season?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Surfs Up 99, Oct 21, 2018.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I respect your opinion, but I’m not riding on with the thought process that Gesicki is a number one tight end..he’s a complimentary piece, and completely one dimensional.

When Gronk came out I was adamant about him being our pick that year..Just because he didn’t produce like a hall of famer there is no comparison to me when it comes to numbers.

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Fair point, but it's hard to think that after spending a 2 and 4 in one draft on TEs which historically don't produce in their first season, that we will be dipping into that well again or need to prioritize it over other spots like QB, LB, DE, etc. I think you have to let it ride and see how they respond in year 2.

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  3. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    DE, WR, OG.

Surfs Up 99 likes this.
  4. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Team Flores & Team Tua

May 5, 2016
    Good points! Am I the only one who goes back and forth on this? I think a case could be made for just about any position and if that is the situation then maybe we should go BPA. That said, I am thinking of backing things up a bit. Maybe we are putting the cart before the horse. What should all teams be able to do? Run the ball, and stop the run, right? If that is the case, then I think we should focus on doing just that. No more patchwork. We need solid contributors who are young and healthy. I realize that a team is not able to have that at all positions, but we need to try. Every year is different, so I can see why we drafted certain guys. However, I think we have enough complimentary pieces to support RT. IMO, this draft we need to regroup and rebuild the core (OL, D front 7) and get it so our team can do the basics, and then go on from there.

Note: I am basing this on that we won't be in position to draft a franchise QB.

Question: How is our cap situation for the off-season? Do we have any $$ where we could go after some serious talent, or are we cash strapped?

KeyFin likes this.