1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not one more lineman in the first round!

Discussion in 'SoapBox - Rants forum' started by padre31, Jan 25, 2013.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    My God, if I hear one more damn time about "it all starts up front"

I'll have to buy a new laptop, that freakin' theory is so discredited one may as well say the Sun revolves around the Earth.

YOU NEVER TAKE A LINEMAN OVER A GUY WHO CAN SCORE TD'S!

Now I actually sort of like Ireland's eye for finding budget talent, seriously I do, that is his saving grace in my eyes.

Everytime I see a mock draft that has us taking a lineman at #12, my eyes bleed because I can believe it will happen that way, what is worse, I have so little confidence in Ireland's ability to actually DRAFT guys who not only can play from day 1, but who also score like John Holmes I seriously wonder if he has some nekkid pics of Ross iin flagrante delicito with a 12 yr old.

Clyde Gates, Pat Turner, DTrain, Eggnog, aside from DTrain utter busts, yet they were supposed, and should be, leading the offense.

Ireland should go to the local ABC store, buy a gallon of whiskey and lock himself in some damn seedy hotel and examine how in the hell he has been making decisions when it comes to guys who handle the football in the draft because so far, goat ****ed is being polite.

"Oh, but we still have Free Agency!"

Uhm, yeah, do dolfans not realize players read papers and hear from other players that Ireland is a cheap bastard? Do you think that will motivate them to risk signing in Miami only to be cut in 2yrs?

At times his decision making reminds of the semi ******ed kid from Amish Mafia.

That is all.

Clark Kent and Aquafin like this.
  2. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    are you drinking Padre?

Bpk, ToddPhin, Ophinerated and 3 others like this.
  3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Nah, just pisssssssed, I cannot really describe how nonsensical that 'draft offensive lineman with high #1 picks" pisses me off.

I do not give a damn if such and such a prospective offensive lineman can dance ballet and bp 700 pds..do not want.

We need..closers..guys who score, guys who make things happen, offensive lineman are the Ox's of the NFL, sure they plow the field, you do not need a blue ribbon ox to plow a damn field.

Mock drafts have KC taking Joeckel?

Must be "real" football minds, ask the Browns or a Dolphins fan how that works out.

Clark Kent and Aquafin like this.
  4. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

KC should take Barkley.

Anonymous likes this.
  5. Aquafin

Aquafin New Member

Jun 16, 2011
    the poor house
    if he is drinking then i will join him.

Miami will never be in the playoffs again if all they do is draft olinemen in rd 1 or 2 and then use cheap *** tatics as to use cheap skill players to carry this team.

miami has the sorriest wr corp in the league and drafting Derick Hagens and devon Bess's is a prime example of why we haven't been to a superbowl. since the Jefferson administration. ok that was over the top but Pardre is so right about this.

padre31 likes this.
  6. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I think KC should look at Matt Moore tbh, if Reid wants to win quickly, that would be the guy I'd go after.

7. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    I have to constantly restrain myself whenever I read, "we should draft Warmack at 12!" Good lord... It's like people want us to score 17 points a game...

8. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    [​IMG]

9. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    You know you're in good company when Aquafin thanks your post. :shifty:

Killer Bees and MrClean like this.
  10. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yep, and yet to quote Bilbo Baggins:

They march merrily in as if they are going to a tea party..

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I'll tell you what I don't like hearing..." We need to find "playmakers".... I disagree with that theory when it comes to drafting, I believe in finding complete football players..now if they playmaker has that as part of his repertoire, I'm all good, if he can just run in space and is fast, I'm not.

12. MrClean

Yeah, right, because Matt Moore so does not fit a west coast offense.

13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Reid is a smart cookie, he can make it work, heck Alex Smith is supposedly going to ask for his release and he'd also be a great fit.

BUT, never take a OL with a high #1, IDC if he can dance to Swan Lake.

14. MrClean

Smith won't need to ask.

15. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    I feel you, it's a shame and one of Ireland's many flaws is the ability to identify quality O-lineman beyond the 1st round.

16. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Wait for it..wait for it...

17. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    hope we draft nothing but lineman now.

Anonymous likes this.
  18. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I am more curious whether Pads had the self-awareness to start this thread in the Rant forum or if awareness was visited upon him when a Mod moved it. :)

( Btw Pads, I feel your pain but we must protect Tannehill. Fifteen years in the wilderness with poor QBs. I am not leaving our Golden Fleece unprotected by having only Martin and ? at tackles. I don't think Martin is horrible, just not good yet. But we need someone good now, not 18 months from now.).

19. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Yesss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Dj jazzy jizzle.

21. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    As long as Dion Jordan can play LG to get us by this season we should be ok.