1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now the really hard work begins for Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 23, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/505858.html

This living statue of David is Miami's new cornerstone and he looks the part at 6-7, with muscles seemingly carved from rock, and a will to match. He seems the perfect foundation for the coming Miami rebuilding project so it was fitting that owner Wayne Huizenga, team employees, and agents Tom Condon and Ben Dogra congratulated each other for completing the negotiations.

But there is one small detail that should not be forgotten amid the handshakes and photo opportunities:
    Miami's job is not finished.

2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well, I think many of us still feel that if we don't come out of this draft with at least 2-3 starters, not future starters, but starters this year we're in for another long season. The draft is not about one pick, it's about a body of work. They seem to have done a good job of building up the depth and STs. The OL looks now to be almost there...

But what about a RG ?? What about an ILB, CB, DL ?? How about a WR or TE ?? There are still many holes to fill....

3. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/505857.html
    • Elsewhere: Of the top tight ends, the only one the Dolphins invited to Davie was Purdue's Dustin Keller, a skilled pass-catcher who could be available at No. 32. Kiper, incidentally, said he could see Miami picking Tennessee tight end Brad Cottam to open Round 3. . . .

4. phinsoldia

phinsoldia Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    alot of people are asking that we fill the other gaurd position...im sorry 4 good starters out of 5 is good enough we have long and Smiley and Satele and Carey...thats good enough..and i see getting a pass catching TE with either 2b or 3rd pick but that 2a pick has got to be the residual of the good CB class falling to the 2nd round...The Rumblings are Talib maybe dropping and i would LOVE that...IMHO anyone of those CB's that we have to get because while we do probably need to rebuild the front 7 outside of Will Allen...we need bodies in that D-backfield..like...yesterday

5. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I agree....out job is far from finished. I don't think we necessarily have to get our entire wish list this year however. We have to see what Beck and McKown are able to do, so I don't feel we have to panic and grab a QB on Day One. I think we need to look at getting a CB, TE, LB and a LG. I guess it depends who is still on the board when we pick.