1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Observations of the Shrine Bowl prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by padre31, Jan 23, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Alirght, just rewatched the Shrine Bowl via DVR and kept an eye on a couple of players:

1. Willie Young
    2. Jon Jorgenson
    3. Lindsey Witten
    4. Raheem Alem
    5. Greg Hardy

Willie Young-

-on the Scofield Int Willie Young was applying pressure
    -Nice prush at 3:15 in the 1st qtr
    -10:15 nice tackle in pursuit 2nd qtr
    -1:00 in 3rd missed tackle
    -13:59 in 4th half sack with Worthington
    -9:45 4th badly misreads running play
    -9:15 nice burst for a -10 yd TFL

It's one game, but what I saw of Young is a nice burst, but little violence to his game, he has a nice motor but needs to be coached up..badly...he looks like a 3rd or 4th rd pick

Greg Hardy-

-Nice Stack and Shed at 8:40 in the 2nd qtr
    -Sack at 14:39 in 4th
    --Nice hustle play to tackle Qb short of the first down late in the 4th qtr.

What stuck me about Greg Hardy is how underdeveloped his physique is, he literally looks as if he does not lift weights and his an average get off

Raheem Alem-

-Great pressure at 3:22 in the 1st qtr
    -Pressure caused the Int by Van Eskeridge

He actually looked like the best passrushing prospect in this game, he can run the arc and has nice size

Lindsey Witten (#9)

-nice pressure at 4:20 in the 1st qtr
    -nice pressure at 6:14 in the second qtr
    -missed sack at 1:00 left in the 3rd qtr

To me he is a tweener, in a bad way, his frame doesn't look like it can hold more weight, and he is not fast enough to be a OLB.

Jan Jorgenson-

-2:44 in 1st blocked to the ground on a double team
    -13:38 in 2nd ran Qb down from behind
    -12:17 2nd qtr beat #76 clean but step slow and missed sack
    -11:53 2nd nice read on draw play
    -5:38 3rd tipped pass
    -5:17 3rd drew false start from #76

He just reminds me a what one thinks of when one says "BYU player" meaning he is a fine all around player with solid fundamentals, but no part of his game really stands out.

Te's Pitta and Quarless stole the show, Quarless can play ST as well, Blair White was easily the best Wr on the field, not explosive but no one could cover him.

-Cole Pemberton was stoning Willie Young, and he has nice footwork imvho.

To Young's credit, he kept his motor running the entire game even when he was clearly blocked effectively.

Of the Qb's, Skelton and Kafka looked like the best NFL prospects, BYU's Hall is probably a backup type in the NFL.

Could not really follow the interior line play as the camera angles made reading the numbers really difficult and with all of the substitutions I just gave up on trying.

dolfan22 and BuckeyeKing like this.