1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Off-season to do list

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pauly, Dec 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    If you were Jeff Ireland what would be on your off-season to do list.

Mine would be:
    QB: Pennington and two development prospects. Set
    RB: Ricky, Ronnie, Polite and Cobb. Set
    TE: Fasano and Martin. Set
    WR: Camarillo and Bess are excellent slot receivers. Ginn is a genuine deep threat. Another deep threat, especially a tall receiver with long arms and a good jump would help round out the group.
    OL: Re-sign Carey, keep the continuity going and it just isn't easy to find quality RTs. Look to add depth and competition for the interior line spots. Only Justin Smiley is an assured starter next year in the interior.

DL: Look to upgrade. Ferguson will have to be replaced sooner or later so it is imperitive that a quality backup with the potential to be starting quality is found. DE has depth and quality but needs more time to develop.
    OLB: Porter and Roth make a good starting pair. Upgrade depth.
    ILB: Every great 3-4 defense has had at least one ILB that the opponent has had to take account of on every play. We lack that and IMO this is the key ingredient needed to take our defense to the next level.
    Secondary: Has performed well as a group, but you should always be looking to upgrade the group.

Coaching.
    Results speak for themselves on Offense and Defense.
    Special Teams: The results speak for themselves. Traditionally the quickest way for bad teams to upgrade is to improve ST play yet the 'phins have managed to upgrade with piss-poor ST play. Look to upgrade ST play.

HULKFish likes this.
  2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Bro, we got alot of offseason to talk about that so i dont wanna jinx us...:up:

Fin Fan In Cali and padre31 like this.
  3. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I an not one to highjack threads.....but in this case I will.

Go Dolphins!!!!! Beat the the Jests and bring on the Ravens.

Screw off-season talk right now. For karma`s sake I think this thread should be closed.
    Mods?

tinytown50 and padre31 like this.
  4. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

No use in closing the thread. Nothing wrong with discussing what can make the 2009 Miami Dolphins even stronger - especially given the fact that we have one helluva schedule next year.

5. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    I know. It was an attempt at humor. I guess my sarcasm didn`t come accross on the computer too well.
    Although I do think it`s bad karma to talk about the offseason 3 days before an elimination game.......and the biggest game this franchise has played since 2001.

padre31 and SCall13 like this.
  6. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    This thread is bad Juju. If Miami loses I am going to put all of the blame on the starter of this thread and anyone who participates.

padre31 likes this.
  7. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

Oh please. Talking about how to improve your team has no bearing whatsoever on this Sundays game. Anyone who considers this thread to be bad mojo is one of two things: superstitious to a ridiculous degree or simply ridiculous.

There are areas on this team that are pertinent to the continued success of this football team, and there is nothing wrong with looking forward. There ARE, if you haven't noticed, areas on this team that absolutely need to be addressed to make this team better.

Edit: If the Dolphins lose this game it will be because they were outplayed and beat. You think the game preparation has anything to do with what we think on these boards? Come on dude, you're smarter than that.

8. SCall13

SCall13 ThePhins QB

No worries man. I just don't buy the "bad mojo" thing. We will win this game. And we will improve in the off season. Nothing wrong with looking ahead at what can help this team click at a higher level.

9. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    We already know what the Dolphins strenghs and weaknesses are. Somehow, I don't think that Mangini is trolling a 'phins message board for some tips to prepare for the game.

10. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Why not.........:shifty:

Ophinerated likes this.
  11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Does anyone think our GM has stopped thinking about how he can improve the team for next year, i dont think so, i actually think to some degree you should'nt even be thinking about that were pjaying a game for all the marbles, you must approach every rock uncovered knowing that you always have to get better for the future, and the future from a gm's perspective is NOT to wait for the offseason and just sit back and watch your team win YEAHHHH,......no... thats not how it goes down.

My point is hell yeah talk and think about our future, i promise you our vp and gm are.

PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN likes this.
  12. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008

Mangini-----> :couch: :escape:

:shifty:

13. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    :wink2:

:shifty:

14. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    give me terrell suggs on the outside and karlos dansby on the inside

15. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    And then give me cap hell.

;)

I like Roth, I like how he sets the edge but I wouldn't mind replacing him. We need a pass rusher on that side and there's three guys that I really like. Greg Hardy, Larry English and Jerry Hughes just came into the picture. Hardy has some character issues that will probably steer away the management while Hughes has to shed a one year wonder tag but is talented as you can get. English is my personal favorite. He has a very quick first step and knows how to get to the QB.