1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Off The Field With Lorenzo Booker

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by alen1, Mar 22, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    sgtphin likes this.
  2. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    It bothered me that he was not used most of the season. A lot of people have said that he is a
    RB. I guess that is true since he is listed as one. In my opinion, he would be well used for dump off passes and running short routes because he has big YAC written all over him. I would rather hand the ball to the R&R.

3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think he is a slot receiver. I dont see him being a RB. He could end up like Warrick Dunn in the future but I rather see him in the slot. He has one of the best hands on the team and thats saying a lot considering hes not even a receiver.

4. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    whatever the role, they need to find a way to get him involved. search him on youtube if need be.

5. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i like lo book i think he can be a reggie bush type player

6. Mongo

Mongo Mongo like candy!

Mar 23, 2008
    PFT! Doesn't enjoy shopping with an NFL salary? Gimme one of those and I'll show you just how much I like spending moola! lol.

alen1 likes this.
  7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    When book is off the field his butt needs to be in the gym right along side Ginn and beck, all three must add muscle to their frame to reach their maxx potential, all three of their bodies are not developed yet to their potential.

The homer in me is very excited about these three REAL MIAMI DOLPHINS.

alen1 likes this.
  8. sgtphin

sgtphin Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
    Clay City, Indiana
    You want to talk about an over-hyped player, just look at Reggie Bush! "He's going to revolutionize the RB position"! Horse-puckies!! The joker didn't perform any better than our 3rd round draft pick in his rookie season! I think Houston did make the right choice in that draft!! Reggie hasn't done a thing to justify his draft position or his exalted "superstar" status, he's closer to a bust that Ronnie Brown ever was!

9. phinfanuk

phinfanuk Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    He was very dangerous for them before Deuce McAllister went down. I think he is one of the scariest players in the league when he has the ball in his hands, but he needs to have space to work in and with out a power back like McAllister he didn't have that. He played a big role in the Saints success last season.

10. inFINSible

inFINSible Bad ministrator

Nov 26, 2007
    Booker is just one of those super slippery guys that has the ability to make people look foolish when they reach out to try and tackle him. 5 or 10 lbs on his frame would go a long way towards letting him bust through more of those arm tackles but, not lose any quickness.. He needs that. So does Ginn. Both of them too often looked like children getting grabbed by an angry parent as they tried to run away. Feet still going but all forward motion ceased.

11. sgtphin

sgtphin Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
    Clay City, Indiana
    I believe LoBook can do the same for us, he also is an open field, break their ankles type player. I just have issues with the difference in their pay, when I really don't see Reggie as being that much more talented than LoBook. Plus I really don't like over-hyped players, but that's just me.

phinfanuk likes this.
  12. SkapePhin

SkapePhin sigpicz.blogspot.com

Jan 3, 2008
    Fort Lauderdale
    Pro Team: The Brazilian Soccer Team. I've gotten into them lately. I like Ronaldinho.

BRAAAAAAAAAAASSILLLLL!!!!! PENTA! Go Booker!

13. UCFinfan86

UCFinfan86 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    I hope lorenzo can be a bigger part of the offense next season. Kevin Faulk 2.0. I was so happy when we drafted him(being an FSU fan).

I remember reading last training camp that we was working out with the wide receivers, i dont ever recall him moving around that much last season, but i wonder if we might see him lineup in some slot this year?

14. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Reggie Bush the idea does not live up to Reggie Bush the player's resume, he drops a ton of passes, he avg's less then 4 yds a carry and 10 yds a catch, and he is mid level Kick Returner.

Sean Peyton is very creative, but Bush really needs to tighten up his game, head to head, LBook is not that far behind Reggie Bush even in limited playing roles.

And Reggie tore a Acl last year.

Did LBook mention that he won the Halo 3 tourney last yr?

15. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I would expect Oc Dan Henning to have some really good stuff cooked up for LBook, Henning had a very similar player with the Redskins in Joe Washington during the mid 80's.

alen1 likes this.
  16. EdSta74

EdSta74 I

Mar 22, 2008
    Long Island City, NY
    I Loved watching this kids moves. I can't understand why he wasn't used for such a long time last year. Even after Ronnie went down. Can't wait to see more of him. I like him coming in as a change of pace scat back. Keeping Defenses on their heels and tired. And Hes a def. threat in the passing game, so the occassional lineup at Slot would be fun to watch. Man, I can't wait for the season to start already! LOL..

17. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :lol:

18. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Although I don't mind the idea of Booker as a WR, I can only see that happening in a 4 WR set, him being the fourth. We'll have Ginn, Wilford, Hagan, and possibly a draftee playing WR. Booker can be just as usefull for us coming out of the backfield running a pass route while we have 3/4 actual WRs running their route.

At this point though, we don't really have a slot WR, so maybe Booker will be utilized as our Welker Version 2.0?

Regardless, he makes plays, has the right attitued, and I see him as being a valuable player for the Dolphins for years to come. I just hope he doesn't take carries away from Ricky.

19. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah I agree with the Welker 2.0 comment. That is going to be a problem imo, you want to get Lorenzo on the field but at the same time you need to get Ronnie and Ricky there too. That is why I could see a move of him to wideout. Ricky still has the talent so he can produce and then you have Ronnie who is a hell of a talent when healthy. If Ronnie is not healthy or goes down again, you can always insert Lorenzo back in the backfield along with Ricky.

20. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Yeah but with Booker, as opposed to Hagan, at least you get a guy with sure hands. I like Hagan's height, but I've been frustrated with the drops.

21. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007

Again though, Booker will never be the second back. He can't carry a load. If Ronnie goes down, and everyone else is healthy, we'll have Ricky, Cobbs, and then Booker.

Booker is a scat back type. Not taking anything away from him, but I don't see him as ever being our second back. He'll get plenty of touches, but not that respect on the depth charts.

22. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    You dont think he would be fine splitting carries with Ricky if Ronnie goes down? I think he would be fine as second RB on the depth chart.