1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Off The Field With Rodrique Wright

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 27, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    LINK TO STORY
    http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/team/offthefield/wright_rodrique.asp

alen1 and brandon27 like this.
  2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I liked him up until he said that he would watch "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" everytime it was on....:no:

:lol:

3. Trackstar

Trackstar Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    FL
    No offense whatsoever to the thread. :up: But who gives a rat's *** that a 7nth round pick "can't go anywhere without his Ipod"? Or he likes to watch the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. These off the field interview things are so damn corny!

4. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Well it seems a little unfair to knock a guy or a thread because we happen to not be interested in an aspect of a players' life. At this time of year I am thankful for ANY info I get to read about one or more of my Miami Dolphins. Thank you for the link Anthony, just to be ornery I'm giving this thread 5 stars! :lol:

Bpk and ATVZ400 like this.
  5. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    He wasn't knocking the thread or the poster. He was knocking the piece, which is more than a bit on the fluffy side.

Trackstar likes this.
  6. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Don't hate.

alen1 likes this.
  7. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Hey, alla y'all lay off my little boy!

Roddy was only a 7th rounder instead of a higher pick because of his shoulder. While buffoons like Soliai and Roth continue to underachieve compared to the expectations of them, Roddy is outperforming the expectations people have of him. This season he'll prove why he's worth a starting spot.

he's an ideal 3-4 DE, good size, great leverage and strength at the point of attack against the run, very agile for his size and strength, and has a bit of short-area-quickness to move laterally and/or get the occasional QB pressure. Plus, he actually works hard.

I raised my boy right. Now you better listen to Roddy tell you about his favorite things. There's nothing more interesting in the world. Not even the Presidential election is as important as my son's iPod music choices.

And don't you forget it.

Bpk
    Proud Adoptive Father of Rod Wright

Last edited: May 27, 2008
    ATVZ400 and Silverphin like this.
  8. Trackstar

Nov 25, 2007
    FL
    It wasn't directed at the thread starter one bit. ATV has been outstanding with all the postings of big stories the last few months. And also the little tid bits here and there.

I'm just voicing my opinion about the content of the article. I mean did you really care to know what T.V show a 2nd string lineman likes? I just don't see what is so interesting about the content. "A day in the life of Rod Wright" who cares?

9. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Today I was in NYC, I take summer classes at an art school in New York, and I saw a man following an old asian woman and her little asian grand daughter I think it was. He followed them for 4 blocks before making his move, I only saw all of this because they were all infront of me walking down E22nd street at the time I was walking down it. Anyways, the man kept getting closer and closer to them until finally he hit the woman with a crowbar and grabbed the girl. I immediately ran up to him as fast as I could and whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I can say that this cab was rare, but I thought "nah, forget it, yo holmes to Bel-Air!"

I pulled up to the house around 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie "yo holmes, smell ya later!" I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to settle my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

alen1 likes this.
  10. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    If you raised your boy, then why did you send him to his Auntie and Uncle in Bel Air?

:wink2:

He is one of the guys I expect to make a big impact this year, after missing his rookie season with that shoulder, he played well for us when Vonnie went down.

I think he is better shape to make the Opening Day roster then Roth or Soliai.:up:

11. Bpk

lol. I sent him to Bel Air because he kept getting in trouble on the basketball courts here. he didn't start any trouble, mind you. It just found him. I feel that his time in Bel Air helped make Rod a better man.

(coincidentally, I live right next to Bel Air... not in it, mind you, but I drive past the "Bel Air" sign on the gates all the time)

Agreed that Rod was a pleasant surprise buried in the muck of last year. I think he's a good fit for this system, and is ready to perform this year. He should be back at 100% strength now, he has two years of NFL experience, and he's ready to roll.

I don;t think he'll be a highlight-reel player, and some of you may miss his performance out on that field... but you'll know Rod's doing his job by how many tackles the LB behind him is getting.... or when the opponent runs to his side less in the second half. A job well done by Rod means you WON'T notice him... you won't notice him getting pancaked, or pushed aside as a Justin Fargas runs through a gaping hole where Rod should be. You won;t see that.

You won't see him.

And that's fine.

:)

Bpk

padre31 likes this.
  12. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

my bad, misread your post. This time of the season I'll feast on any info i can grab ahold of. :hi5:

13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I wouldn't overlook Rod Wright's pass rushing ability bpk, he was productive in college rushing the passer, and he has room to fill out, he and Langford will make some nice bookend DE's for us IMO.

On the plus side, maybe he can rent that cab to Bel Air for JT....or call one for Channing after his next night out on the town....:lol:

Bpk likes this.
  14. Bpk

Nice... yeah, I'm not thrilled with Channing's maturity level lately.

I know, that sounds odd coming from someone who has an avy of Channing in a dress. But Channing USED to joke around when it was approrpiate (at a Halloween party, for example), but showed a sensible approach to football. He used to say that Zach was his role model and he went home at night to watch DVDs and avoid trouble. Well, Zach's gone, Joey "nightlife" Porter's probably the new role model, and Channing is crashing trucks into posts, probably drunk. Yay. colour me thrilled. I also saw a lack of heart from him on the field last year. I almost destroyed my livingroom when I watched him give up running on a wide running play at the goalline. I was so pissed off.

Considering changing the avy.

Back to Rod, though. yeah, Rod does have good hand work and quickness. I've seen him beat linemen very explosively to penetrate. You're right that he can get sacks here and there... BUT I don;t want people to expect them. In a 3-4 he'll be fighting more blockers than in the 4-3 end spot...... that also means that even by the time we go 4-3 look on a passing down, Rod is more tired from having fought double-blockers all day already. Also, I think he is a 4-5 sack kind of guy, not a double-digit guy.

Bpk

15. Trackstar

Nov 25, 2007
    FL
    No worrys.

16. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :lol:

17. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Some of you may know I got the chance to meet Rod a couple weeks when he came to my place of business here in So. Fla. Really nice guy, laid back and real easy going. He sounded excited about this season and complimented the rigorous off-season program the Phins are taking part in.

I briefly joked with him about the "Club Med" atmosphere of last year and he agreed this year was much tougher but that he enjoyed it. Definitely a high character guy, he mentioned he mentors youths in his native Texas in the off season. I wish him nothing but the best this season.

Trackstar, Bpk and alen1 like this.