1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

offense and WR"S

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finfaninilinois, Dec 9, 2012.

1. finfaninilinois

finfaninilinois Active Member

Nov 29, 2009
    This constent blaming the receivers we have is getting tiresome - the problem isnt with the receivers we have its with the receiver we DONT HAVE.

After todays game Bess 61 receptions for 771 - Hartline 62 for 922. The next receiver has 4 receptions. According to some our piss poor receivers suck but 1 will go over 1000 and the other probaly will and they are doing that with the defenses knowing the ball is going there way. Sure they dont have the TD's but that is not what they do, they move the chains and EVERY team needs those type of WR's.

Everybody keeps *****ing about letting Marshal go well tell me how good is the bears passing offense - I'll tell ya its BAD - why is that cause everyting gets thrown to him and no one else. Sure we got to get a #1 but ya got to get one that doesnt require 15 targets a game or he'll throw a temper tantrum thats why he isnt still here.

Ya put Greg Jennings on this team next year and we are very good!! So stop blaming Bess and Hartline those 2 are not the problem not having someone like Jennings is.

2. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    I don't see many people blaming Bess or Hartline, just annoyed that they are the best we got.

3. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I know people get heated and say things about the receivers. Bess and Hartline are good receivers but they are not the playmaker that catches a 6 yard pass and takes it to the house, they are not the players that can beat the defense vertically.

people ***** about marshalll because after trading away your only explosive receiver you expect him to be replaced by a playmaker, not scrubs off the scrap heap.

4. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    I disagree. The problem is indeed the WR we have. If they were better, we would not need other WRs. Plenty of good WRs are able to do what Bess and Hartline do well, plus also do what they are physically incapable of doing too.

This is not saying they are bad WRs, merely average and limited.

I wonder how many of those yards they have/are on pace to having, are yards after catch/after contact. Not many i bet. And then we question the QB, when the WR are getting yards through the air, but very little with their feet after the catch/contact.

5. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    People LIKE Bess and Hartline. We just want a true #1 WR ahead of them, which there is a 95% chance of Ireland not getting for us.

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Greg Jennings..

Tyler Eiffert....unless Jones, T'eo, Barr or Werner are there..

Tavon Austin..

Monte ball..

Offensive Rebuild complete in the first two rounds.