1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offense or Defense

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Hexonx, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Hexonx

Hexonx Active Member

Sep 24, 2009
    If Tua performs like college Tua and thats an if, does that actually put the pressure on the defense this year? I mean they had some terrible games and they dont seem to have an answer for the Bills.

2. tirty8

tirty8 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2016
    I think you are sorta off the mark on this one. I saw an interesting interview with McCoachin', and I got some insight to his philosophy.

He spoke about how he likes to use the running game to dictate the tempo of the game. The big if is if we can establish the run. I think you will see a rather large fluctuation in the amount of running we do week-to-week by matchup.

You mentioned the Bills specifically, and I think that is a primo game to expect a TON of running. I think McDaniel will want to shorten the total amount of possessions and not let Buffalo start to pull alway. I would guess a team like the Jets there will be far more passing because I don't think that the Jets can keep up with our offense.

Puka-head and dolphin25 like this.
  3. OwesOwn614

OwesOwn614 Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2020
    This. The most important aspect leading to success will be ball control. Whether it's through running or passing, forcing our will on the other team is the only way we're going to be a winner. We'll find it easier with some teams than others, but I really hope we can get our time of possession above 32:00 and our points for to 28+. If we punt the ball two fewer times per game, we can meet both of those goals.

Phil Hutchings likes this.