1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offensive line woes persist for Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    I caught the first part of the Indy-Chicago game last week. The Colts OL couldn't block the Bears front, Luck was under pressure on almost every pass. Their RT, Mewhort, was Marc Colombo bad. It's only preseason but pass pro is an area that teams take very seriously even in the fake games. And these are supposed to be the favorites in the AFC. They open the season vs Buffalo.

2. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Heard the titans are also interested. They aren't happy w levitre who apparently is a turnstile this season

3. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    I coach the offensive/defensive line here at Chattahoochee in Georgia. If there is one thing I can tell you is the guys playing line are athletes to. This past week we played a team called Walton and got spanked the first half. I noticed the kids were standing up on the snap and stepping backwards 2 or 3 steps on almost every play. I went to each kid individually and reinforced them firing off the ball and playing on Walton's side of the ball. The difference was a difference of 5 to 6 yards (3 from our side to 3 on theirs). This small change helped result in us outscoring them 28-0 in the second half.

I wonder if Philbin actually got involved with the line what would happen. He is a career offensive line coach. I believe if the line is again a issue long term resulting in l's instead of w's, with the division as tight as it's going to be, that we may just be drinking the last cup of Joe

4. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    He just wanted to sit out of training camps.

5. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Two years ago, the Tennessee Titans made a huge investment in guard Andy Levitre. As some point within the next two weeks, Levitre could be leaving town.

After 32 starts in 32 games with the team, Levitre is on the verge of losing his spot at left guard to newcomer Byron Bell, a free-agent acquisition from Carolina. If Levitre isn’t starting the Titans won’t want to pay him a base salary of $6.5 million.

He separately accounts for $2.1 million under the salary cap, due to the $10.5 million Levitre received as a signing bonus. And if he’s cut, the Titans would carry $4.2 million next year in dead money.

But $6.5 million in cash and cap savings would instantly be realized by moving on from Levitre.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-on-verge-of-leaving-tennessee-involuntarily/

77FinFan likes this.