1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2013 NHL thread! THE NHL IS BACK!

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Jt0323, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Those Hawks fans really travel well, even though I hate that they knocked off the Kings. I just couldn't root for Boston (Celtics/Patriots)... A bit surprised that Boston lost on home ice though. Tough way to go out with the two late goals. It was a great final... fairly evenly matched.

2. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    One of the best stanley cup finals I've seen. Bruins have nothing to be ashamed of. Couple of bounces and it couldve been a different winner. I do feel the blackhawks were the better team but the gap wasn't as large as I expected. On a side note I bet Toronto fans are smiling. What goes around comes around lol

3. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Didn't think that any of the Boston teams will ever come near the 18-1 mastery of a choke job that it was.

This isn't it...but it comes closer than I though anything else ever would lol

4. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Chicago was the best team from day one. Congrats to them and their fans.

finyank13 likes this.
  5. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    what a game, series! Hockey never gets the respect it deserves in the states but that was a hell of a series, and imo far better series then the NBA finals.

6. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    The way they lost at home like that, was just so much fun to watch, I loved every minute of that......Nothing against the team, but screw that sports city and their fans Unified Theory excluded of course.....

This guy gets the hard as nails award.....

7. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    [​IMG]Yes, congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks for eliminating the Boston Bruins in the same manner the Bruins eliminated the Toronto Maple Leafs in Round 1: With a stunning third-period rally.

Granted, the Bruins would have only forced a Game 7 on Monday night, rather than pissing one away as the Leafs did. Granted, their regulation loss was painful, but it wasn’t the blunt knife in the side that losing in overtime was. Granted, the Bruins will have to accept a consolation prize, which is two conference championships and a Stanley Cup in a three-year span, while the Leafs … well, they made the playoffs this season, which is nice.

But yes, thanks Chicago, for keeping Tyler Seguin and Tuukka Rask from getting their second Stanley Cup rings. We imagine the Bruins will have to deal with the psychological fallout from this defeat in some dramatic way. Perhaps they’ll completely overpay for a backup goalie or something.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...ates-bruins-defeat-maple-leafs-063230556.html