1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official #8 Miami @ #1 Clemson Game Thread

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by AGuyNamedAlex, Sep 30, 2020.

1. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I know we have Canes fans, I know we have Clemson fans, let's talk some college football!

I'll be honest that I'm still skeptical of this Canes team. We have been "back" too many times before as a false alarm.

I'd love it if we just looked like a team that deserves to play the #1 team in the country. If it was in Miami I'd have a little more faith.

2. Phin McCool

Phin McCool Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Kick off 1230am here in a little under 35 min. Going to be watching as long as I can stay awake. Enjoyed seeing us dismantle FS, now looking forward to seeing how we cope with 'Tankfor 2021' lol.

Go Canes! :theu:

3. Phin McCool

Phin McCool Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2017
    United Kingdom
    FFS when are the refs going to flag Clemson offensive holding? Too busy looking for any excuse to give Tankfor a break. God I hate Clemson. The New England of the NCAA.

4. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Honestly I'm not entirely unhappy with the game at half if 14-3 holds. If the offensive line can hold up in the second half we have a shot. Wiggins has to make that catch in the endzone, King placed it perfectly but he saw it way too late.

5. Claymore95

Claymore95 Working on it... Club Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Peebles, Scotland
    Still a lot of work to do to get to Clemson's level, based on last night. One of the many things it highlighted is the Canes don't have enough talent/gamebreakers at receiver, and Jordan is their only real threat (when facing a defense of Clemson's calibre anyway). It was a hard day for King, and the receivers made it even harder by not bailing him out by hauling in some of the longer passes.

I thought the defense had an ok(ish) game though, they got pressure on Lawrence and forced him into some mistakes. They were never going to be able to stop Clemson scoring points, only try to limit them, but they got no help from the offense on the other side of the ball.

AGuyNamedAlex likes this.
  6. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    Limited talent at both WR & RB. Never good when your QB is your top rusher, both in terms of yards and carries, unless team is running heavy option.

AGuyNamedAlex likes this.