*Official Bills upset the Jets Thread*

191 replies

padre31padre31Luxury BoxOP
Sep 28, 2010, 09:10 PM

Alright, the Jest are 2-0 in the Division with one game left vs Buffalo before the weekly demolition derby starts against the AFCN and NFCN, we could use a Bills surprise victory this weekend.

Feel free to post news that can help in the effort to upset the Jets:

So far:

-Bills are willing to listen to offers for Marshawn Lynch, this should motivate the underachieving Running Back.

-Ryan Fitzpatrick has been installed as the #1 Qb in Buffalo, the team just plays better with Fitzy at Qb.

-Bills to add Xavier Fulton, who is a much better prospect than Cornell "Turnstill" Greene at Right Tackle

-Bills are getting their best defensive player back, Paul Poz is back in their starting lineup

Feel free to add actual news.

BicketyBamBicketyBamForum Veteran
Sep 29, 2010, 12:10 PM

Sanchez's career passer rating against Buffalo is in the 20's.

-Ed-

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Sep 29, 2010, 03:39 PM

Bills DE Marcus Stroud had a boot on his left foot at team headquarters Wednesday and is expected to miss Week 4.
The Bills are getting back ILB Paul Posluszny to boost their run defense, but appear to be losing Stroud at the same time. His exact injury is undisclosed. After an awful 2009 season, Stroud had been playing the run well in 2010.

Well, Stroud has been nothing but a disappointment since coming to Buffalo and signing a huge contract, his play has never approached his pay.

Why the Bills don't dial 1-800-Marques Douglas is beyond me, they are sorta wacky up at 1 Bills Drive.

Sep 29, 2010, 04:24 PM

Go Toronto!

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

finyank13finyank13New Member
Sep 29, 2010, 04:34 PM

Ehh I dont see it Pads...would love it though!!! that would be awesome!!

“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Sep 29, 2010, 04:46 PM

"finyank13 wrote:

Ehh I dont see it Pads...would love it though!!! that would be awesome!!

I didn't hear a harrumph out of you!

It is in Buffalo as well.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Sep 29, 2010, 05:38 PM

Drew Coleman is expected to be the Jets' starting right cornerback in Week 4 at Buffalo, with rookie Kyle Wilson in the slot.
Wilson will be a full-blown nickel back, entering when the Bills employ a three-receiver set. Owners feeling the bye-week blues need take a look at Lee Evans, who typically lines up on the side of the offensive formation to which Coleman will be assigned. Flanker/slot man Roscoe Parrish will likely see Wilson and LCB Antonio Cromartie for most of Sunday's game.

I like that matchup for the Bills, Coleman is not that great of a Cb, and Fitzy is willing to sling it to Evans.

muscle979muscle979Forum Veteran
Sep 29, 2010, 05:44 PM

It's good that Buffalo has a QB in that should have the ability to test the Jets suspect secondary. It's hard to imagine them pulling it off. Those Jests are kind of on a roll. Maybe they'll overlook the Bills.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Sep 29, 2010, 06:00 PM

New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan spent a few minutes on a conference call with reporters who cover the Buffalo Bills and explained his team's decision to put in a waiver claim on quarterback Trent Edwards.

Edwards
Ryan admitted that Edwards' ability to give an inside look into Buffalo's playbook was a major consideration.

"We just try to fill our team with a lot of good football players," Ryan said. "The fact that he could've helped us and all that kind of stuff, that's also true."

"It would have been two factors. We think he can play quarterback in this league. The other factor would be we think it would help us get an idea of this Buffalo offense. That would have been a little plus there."

The Jacksonville Jaguars were the only other team that put in a waiver claim for Edwards and were awarded him because their record is worse than the Jets.

"It almost was like draft day all over again," Edwards told Jaguars reporters Wednesday. "I was sitting there waiting for someone to call my phone, and I got a call from my agent, saying Jacksonville claimed me and it was all leading up throughout the day, sitting there waiting for someone to call, the same emotions that I had when I was dra

Ryan missed a shot at landing Edwards to pick his brain for the Bills playbook.

Small win/Bills

BicketyBamBicketyBamForum Veteran
Sep 29, 2010, 06:43 PM

"Wagon Circler wrote:

lol we're gonna win and it's going to be funny.

You guys have a bright future ;)

-Ed-

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Sep 29, 2010, 06:58 PM

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi predicted on Around the League Wednesday that the Bills will "pull the pin" and deal Marshawn Lynch before the October 19 trade deadline.
Lombardi, a former NFL general manager, has a good feel for situations like this. He concedes that the Bills will require a quality draft pick, but it sounds like a deal could get done for something like a conditional fourth-rounder that would escalate based on playing time and performance. Green Bay is the most hotly rumored landing spot, but other teams will suffer running back injuries before mid-to-late October and could enter the mix.

Rumor mongering, but I have to think the Bills will feature Lynch to up his trade value, when focused Lynch is a beast, when unmotivated do not bother to play him, he will not run hard.

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Sep 29, 2010, 07:19 PM

"padre31 wrote:

Rumor mongering, but I have to think the Bills will feature Lynch to up his trade value, when focused Lynch is a beast, when unmotivated do not bother to play him, he will not run hard.

I am gonna go ahead and start a mess......

If I am Ireland...

I offer a 4th for Lynch.

Ricky might be done guys....

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Sep 29, 2010, 07:40 PM

"Section126 wrote:

I am gonna go ahead and start a mess......

If I am Ireland...

I offer a 4th for Lynch.

Ricky might be done guys....

A) not sure I agree
B)Lynch is not a Sparano Guy.

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Sep 29, 2010, 08:05 PM

"padre31 wrote:

A) not sure I agree
B)Lynch is not a Sparano Guy.

I think talented players are "Sparano guys."

Lynch I think, gets some fresh air and becomes the Lynch of old.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Sep 29, 2010, 08:14 PM

"Section126 wrote:

I think talented players are "Sparano guys."

Lynch I think, gets some fresh air and becomes the Lynch of old.

They have picked up players of various shady backgrounds Sect, they have never picked up a player legitimately called a "underachiever".

I see the Bills re-upped Chris Kelsay to a 4 yr deal...personally I'd have preferred Charlie Anderson.

I also think the Bills run much 4-3 this game.

Sep 29, 2010, 08:43 PM

Who is more disgusting looking? Lynch or McQuistan?

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Sep 29, 2010, 09:35 PM

"Frumundah Finnatic wrote:

Who is more disgusting looking? Lynch or McQuistan?

Depends.

If you just wanna scare a bunch of kids on Halloween, you go with Lynch.

If you wanna make sure your girlfriend wish to never want to ever have sex with anyone ever again, you go with McQuistan.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

Sep 29, 2010, 11:19 PM

"BicketyBam wrote:

Sanchez's career passer rating against Buffalo is in the 20's.

Buffalo doesn't have much going for them, but they have a pretty good secondary. I would expect the Jets to run a lot this game.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Sep 29, 2010, 11:21 PM

"Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Buffalo doesn't have much going for them, but they have a pretty good secondary. I would expect the Jets to run a lot this game.

Watching the weather like a hawk RR, we could use some nastiness in Buffalo.

Sep 29, 2010, 11:22 PM

"Section126 wrote:

I think talented players are "Sparano guys."

Lynch I think, gets some fresh air and becomes the Lynch of old.

Could you imagine Lynch running behind McQuistan? They would dominate for the simple fact that defenses will be blinded by the ugliness of those two.

Sep 29, 2010, 11:24 PM

"padre31 wrote:

Watching the weather like a hawk RR, we could use some nastiness in Buffalo.

That would favor the Jets I think. They have a top rush defense and the Bills do not.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Sep 30, 2010, 11:05 AM

From Buffalo Rumblings

Through the first three games of 2009, Evans, Owens and Reed combined to catch 27 passes for 292 yards, with two scores. Both of those scores came on long balls in a Week 2 victory over Tampa Bay. This year's group has done slightly more; Evans, Parrish and Johnson have 27 grabs, 377 yards and two scores between them. You can't blame a more pass-happy offense, either; Bills quarterbacks attempted 91 passes in the first three games in 2009, a figure that has dropped to 80 in Gailey's first three games.

Parrish and Johnson were both with the team a year ago, and both were afterthoughts. Johnson, then a second-year player, was routinely inactive on game days. Parrish struggled to hang onto his role as the team's punt returner, let alone get onto the field offensively, after Perry Fewell inherited Parrish exactly where Dick Jauron left him: in the proverbial dog house. Now, Johnson is making big plays (15.2 yards per reception) despite a costly drop in Green Bay and a personal foul in New England, while Parrish is on pace to obliterate all of his meager career receiving highs (35 catches, 352 yards, two TD).

Well, no surprise they are more productive with Gailey as the Head Coach rather than Jauron.

"But" it was also Trent Edwards as the starting Qb, however as was pointed out..most of that damage came in one game, with Ryan Fitzpatrick as the Qb and vs the Pastriots.

That is a trend I expect to continue as Fitzy is a much better Qb than Edwards was, he is far more willing to push the ball past the 20 yd red zone box around the line of scrimmage.

Must be encouraging to see Roscoe Parrish, the Bills Ted Ginn, not only active but also producing.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/9/30/1721187/bills-getting-better-wr-production-under-gailey#comments

pennphinfanpennphinfanForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2010, 11:40 AM

I'm hoping now that Teddy Ginn is gone CJ Spiller can become the new bane of the Jet's Special teams existence. I'm expecting 1 long return TD and a couple past the 50 :up:

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Sep 30, 2010, 02:43 PM

JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas by brian_mcintyre
Darrelle Revis (hamstring) said he is not playing vs. Buffalo.

That helps the Bills not unexpected but still.

Jets also released NT Howard Green due to signing Trevor Pryce.

BicketyBamBicketyBamForum Veteran
Sep 30, 2010, 02:54 PM

"padre31 wrote:

That helps the Bills not unexpected but still.

Jets also released NT Howard Green due to signing Trevor Pryce.


They should sit out Pace as well.

-Ed-