Official Clemson Tigers thread. (future champions of the ACC)

132 replies

ClipseClipseNew Member
Jan 8, 2012, 09:39 AM

The NCAA supposedly is on James Davis shopping his brother Mike Davis, with the always dirty Clemson being involved to nobody's surprise. How long before the wheels fall off?

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Jan 8, 2012, 09:52 AM

Laces OutLaces OutNew Member
Jan 8, 2012, 10:54 AM

Prediction(zero inside information): Clemson gets the near death penalty, UO gets the Auburn treatment. I realize this is obvious, but Oregon is basically daring the NCAA to do something, and those nutless wonders do nothing.

ClipseClipseNew Member
Jan 8, 2012, 02:17 PM

"Laces Out wrote:

Prediction(zero inside information): Clemson gets the near death penalty, UO gets the Auburn treatment. I realize this is obvious, but Oregon is basically daring the NCAA to do something, and those nutless wonders do nothing.

Oregon is cheating more blatantly than Clemson which is really saying something. I think both get ****ed in the end however. Gotta be in the $EC to get that preferential treatment.

ClipseClipseNew Member
Jan 8, 2012, 02:21 PM

"BlameItOnTheHenne wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LsHMxhDhlfw

Good to know that Mr. Dwayne Allen has more money than he's ever had in his entire life thanks to Clemson.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Dec 31, 2012, 11:51 PM

"R&R Express wrote:

And this is exactly why I didn't buy in to Clemson and never will as long as Dabo Swinney is coaching that team.

"R&R Express wrote:

I know what a bad coach looks like, and Swinney sucks.

"R&R Express wrote:

Dabo sucks, period. Terrible gameday coach. Players don't just start flocking to terrible football programs. They're built by terrific coaches who win, and then they get the talent. Dabo isn't even an average coach, and Clemson's losing season last year wasn't winning.

.............

BTW... how them Canes doing? You looked outstanding in your bowl game. Couldn't even tell your opponent took the field. :lol:

Laces OutLaces OutNew Member
Jan 1, 2013, 12:45 AM

Dabo owes Les Miles a bottle of his favorite booze for the excellent play calling that got Clemson the ball back with so much time left

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jan 1, 2013, 01:04 AM

"Laces Out wrote:

Dabo owes Les Miles a bottle of his favorite booze for the excellent play calling that got Clemson the ball back with so much time left

Not necessarily. Clemson had its TOs, so there would've still been plenty of time, and they moved the ball quickly and were in FG range regardless. Besides, all the gassed LSU players falling down would've made up for Clemson having to burn their TOs on LSU's drive. :lol:

ANAnonymousSupporter
Jan 1, 2013, 01:14 AM

Damn, R&R Express looks stupid right now. All that trash talking, and in the end the chances of him commenting back are slim.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jan 1, 2013, 01:31 AM

If anything, Les owes Chad Morris a bottle for calling a ridiculous inside run/fumble with Sammy Watkins on the 2nd play of the game against a physical LSU team that was most likely pumped up and ready to go. Sammy's not the best running back on the team; heck, he's not even a running back period, nor accustomed to taking inside handoffs in that regard, so why in God's name would you call that play and subject your star WR to potential injury, which is exactly what happened, when you can run inside with your damn running backs and instead leave Sammy either on the perimeter or as a sweep decoy to keep less guys in the box or at least cause hesitation?

If not for the gimme TD there likely would've been no need for last minute heroics as Clemson out gained LSU in yards (445 to 219), first downs (42 to 9), TOP (36:21 to 23:39), total plays (100 to 48), 3rd down conversions (8/18 to 3/13), and had the ball for 11:26 minutes in the 4th quarter while holding LSU to 1 fourth quarter yard.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jan 1, 2013, 01:41 AM

"Anonymous wrote:

Damn, R&R Express looks stupid right now. All that trash talking, and in the end the chances of him commenting back are slim.

:chuckle:

"I know what a bad coach looks like, and Swinney sucks". :lol:

pacadermng67pacadermng67New Member
Jan 1, 2013, 02:20 AM

Think if all the players returned what next year would look like.

Tonight, I am riding
As long as I am riding I know that I am alive
As long as I, keep on riding
I know that someday I will finally find my way back home
Until them I roam

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jan 1, 2013, 02:27 AM

"pacadermng67 wrote:

Think if all the players returned what next year would look like.

especially with Tajh. If he leaves I'm guessing there could be a few bumps while Chad Kelly breaks in. The receiving corps should be better even without Hopkins.

pacadermng67pacadermng67New Member
Jan 1, 2013, 02:55 AM

Is Kelly the next in line? I thought it was always Stoudt who backed up Boyd. Then again, I am not as up to speed with the Tigers as I am with the Fins.

Also, would you take Boyd in the third round if he were available?

Tonight, I am riding
As long as I am riding I know that I am alive
As long as I, keep on riding
I know that someday I will finally find my way back home
Until them I roam

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jan 1, 2013, 03:14 AM

"pacadermng67 wrote:

Is Kelly the next in line? I thought it was always Stoudt who backed up Boyd. Then again, I am not as up to speed with the Tigers as I am with the Fins.

Stoudt is the current backup but Kelly is the next chosen one so to speak.

Also, would you take Boyd in the third round if he were available?

In a heart beat if we needed a QB. I could easily see him going in the late 1st/early 2nd, and if he were 6'3+ he'd be a top 5 pick in my eyes.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jan 26, 2013, 05:51 AM

With all this complaining my UM fans about Clemson not being able to land these talented recruits from the state of Florida w/o paying them off, I thought I'd dedicate a handful of posts to why these kids fall in love with this place.

So let's start with #1.

  • Nice campus on a beautiful 87 square mile lake















ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jan 26, 2013, 05:55 AM

Indoor football practice facility with jumbotron <on campus>. Plus 5 other full size fields.



5 outdoor practice fields

Indoor, track & field facility <on campus>

For comparison: Miami Hurricanes indoor practice facility/bubble (35 miles north in Davie): :chuckle:

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jan 26, 2013, 05:59 AM

A partial glimpse of the weight room, locker room, and amenities:

Miami Hurricanes weight room:

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jan 26, 2013, 06:00 AM

Beautiful on-campus golf course with a green made to look like a Tiger paw.


ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jan 26, 2013, 06:02 AM

Spring baseball entertainment <on campus>. Top notch facilities like these are how we roll at Clemson, baby. What's UM got?

Plus we pack more fans for soccer than the Hurricanes do in Sun Life.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jan 26, 2013, 06:06 AM

This is what pregame looks like through the eyes of a recruit:

pre game "Tiger Walk" <Tajh Boyd>

Chad Kelly (Jim Kelly's nephew)

Tailgating (this is just one side of the stadium):

.... and a portion of another side

Rubbing the rock

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jan 26, 2013, 06:39 AM

ESPN GameDay's Spirit Meter---- "by far the loudest all year". 117db

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xx0Xk4fxUo

running down the hill. Not much better pre-game adrenaline & insanity than this (and the first clip was just against Ga Tech).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&amp;v=Jvuee1-Mjio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCLt6VPudwk

Compare that to the Miami Hurricanes' pregame (exiting the helmet).
Gee, I wonder why a recruit would get more excited about Clemson after watching these two clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCYqxrRc0SE

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jan 26, 2013, 06:42 AM

One of the loudest and most difficult stadiums for opponents to play in (responsible for a few of highest recorded db levels in football.)
Here's field level noise vs Miami.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtTGRMv1DmM

"We Will Rock You" kickoff vs FSU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF6vYic0yME

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Jan 26, 2013, 06:57 AM

pacadermng67pacadermng67New Member
Jan 26, 2013, 11:17 PM

I need to get there for grad school...

Tonight, I am riding
As long as I am riding I know that I am alive
As long as I, keep on riding
I know that someday I will finally find my way back home
Until them I roam