***OFFICIAL*** confirmed new logo poll

225 replies

CANEPHINSCANEPHINSForum VeteranOP
Mar 27, 2013, 05:09 PM

What do you think?

dolfan32323dolfan32323New Member
Mar 27, 2013, 05:12 PM

forgot the poll dude

edit: nvm, didn't pop up originally for me

Mar 27, 2013, 05:15 PM

I don't like the angle of the tail in the back but I'm in the "at least it's not wearing a helmet and making an angry face" crowd.

Twitter: @ckparrot
3 Yards Per Carry Podcast - Featuring Boomer, Section126, and ckparrothead
threeyardspercarry.podbean.com

VendigoVendigoSupporter
Mar 27, 2013, 05:16 PM

At least it's not wearing a helmet and making an angry face.

We can forgive a man for making a useful thing as long as he does not admire it. The only reason for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely. All art is quite useless.

SumlitSumlitNew Member
Mar 27, 2013, 05:19 PM

It looks too much like a whale. But at least it's not wearing a helmet.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Mar 27, 2013, 05:21 PM

I meant to check the last one.

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Mar 27, 2013, 05:21 PM

The more I see it, the more I love it :yes:

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

stecubestecubeNew Member
Mar 27, 2013, 05:23 PM

I too voted "At least it isn't wearing a helmet" :)


Viola ad oltranza...

Joe RobbieJoe RobbieNew Member
Mar 27, 2013, 05:25 PM

Where's the "Whoever designed it needs to kill themselves" option?



JimTossJimTossForum Veteran
Mar 27, 2013, 05:28 PM

**** this logo

SHShamboubouNew Member
Mar 27, 2013, 05:28 PM

I think they were kind of going for a 3D look. The front is bigger, kind of like the Dolphin is swimming towards you.

I'm not looking for the best players, I'm looking for the right ones.

-Herb Brooks-

JimTossJimTossForum Veteran
Mar 27, 2013, 05:33 PM

I think my wife just said it best:

If we had a daughter who played soccer, she would be pumped to have that as her logo.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Mar 27, 2013, 05:35 PM

"JimToss wrote:

I think my wife just said it best:

If we had a daughter who played soccer, she would be pumped to have that as her logo.

That's actually really funny.

shula_guyshula_guyNew Member
Mar 27, 2013, 05:38 PM

At least it's not wearing a helmet and making an angry face. :shifty:

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."

Frederic Bastiat

DrAstroZoomDrAstroZoomLuxury Box
Mar 27, 2013, 05:49 PM

"Shamboubou wrote:

I think they were kind of going for a 3D look. The front is bigger, kind of like the Dolphin is swimming towards you.

Wow ... that actually makes a lot of sense. I hadn't looked at it that way.

FinrunnerFinrunnerForum Veteran
Mar 27, 2013, 05:50 PM

I'll be that guy:

I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!

GO DOLPHINS !!!
WAR EAGLE !!!

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Mar 27, 2013, 05:54 PM

Love it. I hated hated hated the use of navy in your sig. Hated the back fin being navy, looks stupid. I didn't have high hopes, and now this one, I love! they done a great job. IMO it wont be out dated in 15 years like REDPIN would have. Best logo i seen in a Dolphin mock/concept! So yeah Im excited!

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Mar 27, 2013, 05:57 PM

I like it.

I'd have preferred a straighter "Dolphin missle" type logo, but it's pretty good.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Mar 27, 2013, 06:01 PM

"schmolioot wrote:

I like it.

I'd have preferred a straighter "Dolphin missle" type logo, but it's pretty good.

In light of today being New Logo Day, I'm letting your post go by without the 100's of comments that jumped in my head.

ANAnonymousSupporter
Mar 27, 2013, 06:06 PM

Good logo.

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Mar 27, 2013, 06:09 PM

"Fin D wrote:

In light of today being New Logo Day, I'm letting your post go by without the 100's of comments that jumped in my head.

All of them brilliant, I'm sure.

smahtazsmahtazForum Veteran
Mar 27, 2013, 06:10 PM

"Sumlit wrote:

It looks too much like a whale. But at least it's not wearing a helmet.

lol. It looks like a whale because the bottle nose dolphin is in the same order/family as the orca.

Kingdom - Anamalia
Phylum - Cordata (vertebrates)
Class – Mammalia
Order – Cetacea
SubOrder – Odontoceti
Family – Delphinidae

Dolphins and their immediate kin are included in the scientific family Delphinidae. This family is represented by about 36 species, including bottlenose dolphins, pilot whales, and false killer whales. The killer whale is the largest member of the dolphin family.

http://www.seaworld.org/animal-info/info-books/killer-whale/scientific-classification.htm

I do agree about the helmet.



It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden

TotoreMexicoTotoreMexicoForum Veteran
Mar 27, 2013, 06:11 PM

BruzerBruzerNew Member
Mar 27, 2013, 06:12 PM

I'm definitely in the "It is good but still room for improvement." It feels a bit basic to me but same time I don't mind it, glad the helmet is gone. I don't get the whale argument I have never seen how anyone can say that looks like a whale other than to use it as a flimsy complaint over its pose.

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Mar 27, 2013, 06:13 PM

Jesse Fin said it best, its not like we had great history with that logo. We had 1-15, Mariano final 3 years, 62-7 loss