1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Dolphin vrs Steelers game thread...yeah that's right..

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Dec 1, 2013.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Next game up..one more quarter of a season to go..you want to play your best football of the year and I think there are signs that suggest we are..

Were in the middle of a playoff race..

I believe we came out if this game healthy,saw Jerry movin about the sideline..

Steelers starting center is out for our game...their weakness against our strength...we pressure the Qb..

And then there's this..

Grimes on brown, Jordan on Heath miller...

Post any and all news on steelers..

Well boys and girls, here we are..nothing else matters, every team has ups and downs on a season, to withstand, stay together, is what it's all about, our team still has a good chance to make us proud.

HULKFish and Bpk like this.
  2. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    We can beat the steelers. They don't run the ball, our CBs can handle their wr. Their oline isn't great when healthy and they aren't. This feels good.

3. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Wallace will abuse his former team....he circled the day on his calender the moment he signed.

Bpk likes this.
  4. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Emanuel Sanders and Cotchery are no slouches. We will need our trio of Vern, Wake and Dion to not only pressure Ben...but contain him.

shula_guy and NJFINSFAN1 like this.
  5. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
  6. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

In Pittsburgh, month of December?

This is gonna be a brawl. Not doubt about it. Big Ben scares the crap out of me, because its so damn hard to bring him down.

Bpk and shula_guy like this.
  7. Deerless Dice

Deerless Dice Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 30, 2013
    They'll be on their 3rd string center for the Miami game, Velasco went on IR earlier this week.

8. Deerless Dice

Deerless Dice Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Not a big fan of Velasco. He was part of the problem with the Titans running game after Kevin Mawae retired post CJ2k.

9. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Sorry deej, I prefer to take a couple extra days to savor the delicious flavor of beating down the Jets in their own building.

But I'll be back later in the week!

HULKFish, GMJohnson and djphinfan like this.
  10. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Whomsoevers O-line sucks less, wins the game.

11. Griese's Glasses

Griese's Glasses Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    We can't let the Jets complete inability to do anything offensively get us comfy or cocky. Ben is still a dangerous guy and looks like if the refs had their way we'd be 5-7 so watch out.

Bpk and shula_guy like this.
  12. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    fuLK the jets, they aint worth it, and we haven't accomplished anything yet..

Bpk likes this.
  13. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    They run the ball very well, but Bell had his bell rung which may keep him out of the game.

14. MAFishFan

MAFishFan Team Tannehill

Sep 20, 2011
    Massachusetts
    It's all about who the Head Referee is.

15. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    They are 31st in rushing in the entire league. No, they do not.

16. rtl1334

rtl1334 New Member

Jan 1, 2009
    We have some match-up advantages with our pass rush vs their decimated o-line. The Jets have a better defense than Pitt so hopefully we can have a similar offensive output in similar conditions.

What has to happen is that we have to convert in the redzone. Penalties cannot happen in the redzone and more imagination is required. Cannot run three times up the middle then throw a fade. We need higher percentage passes on 1st or 2nd down in the redzone.

If we do better in the redzone we win. If not, it'll be another coulda woulda shoulda.

17. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Dolphins will need to do a better job capitalizing in the red zone. Aren't playing an inept offense like today in Pitt. I mean, watching the Jets offense was painful. Fun, but painful. There were numerous groans from us in the crowd in that first half after seeing the Jets offense play some of the worst offense I've ever seen yet watching Dolphins only scoring 6 points because of blunders (tipped INT, missed FG, 3rd/4th and goal stuffed and missed pass). And it was 3-0 right up until before Geno sent us that gift before the Half. The game should've been 30 or 33-3.

Steelers also get extra rest. Hope Steratore isn't the ref. Not capitalizing killed us against TB, BAL, and BUF. Must do score some TDs in Pitt or hope the defense can get momentum.

Bpk likes this.
  18. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Thigpen better keep an eye on the sidelines.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  19. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Just finish our drives and take care of the football and we can beat the Steelers. I think this one is a must win if we want to control our own destiny.

Bpk likes this.
  20. phinswolverinesrockets

phinswolverinesrockets If he dies, he dies

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    talent-wise, we were just better than the jets. i'd say we are pretty equal with the steelers on talent, so this game will come down to coaching. the big question is, do you think our coaching staff can outperform theirs? i cant lie, i am very worried in that area.

gunn34 likes this.
  21. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    well Coyle has played. Ben 19 times head to head, I'm pretty sure that can give us an advantage.

cuchulainn likes this.
  22. phinswolverinesrockets

phinswolverinesrockets If he dies, he dies

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    possibly. i just have no confidence in mike sherman, so i am very worried about this game. big ben is not geno smith or some bum qb, the steelers are going to put up points. we cannot afford to have sherman call dumb plays in key moments. field goals wont win this one.

23. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I'm reading some of their fan boards..

The sentiment is that valasco was playing so well they were willing to let Pouncey walk..

24. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Their *****ing about Ike Taylor as well, early thirties, they say he's havin a bad year.

25. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    You have not watched them recently than.

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  26. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    For our defense, it will be all about our #2-3 Corners IMO...I trust a Grimes on Brown, but Cotchery and Sanders can get ya.

27. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Bell is averaging 3.3 yds per carry. Had a nice game against the ravens but most of the yards came off one run. Browns he had 80 yds but off 23 carries. I wouldn't say their running game is any better than ours. (ours is mediocre at best)

28. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Might think about assigning someone to cover Tomlin he could kill a big play.

GMJohnson and 77FinFan like this.
  29. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Their LT is named Guy Whimper?

Prepare your anus.

30. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Guy Whimper is SO bad. I was able to see just how dog crap he was when he played in Jacksonville. Him at LT should mean a field day for Vernon and Jordan

31. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Velasco was Ir'd

This is what I mean about our strength matching up well with their weakness.

Our offense has to capitalize, and the D simply must get off of the field on 3rd downs

And it is about time Special Teams plays better for us, I watch that unit and it amazes me how poor they are this year, not only is Thigpen's return avg down on punts and kick offs, Sturgis is missing gimmie FG's and kick off coverage was letting Cromartie get out to the 30 yd line

All in all a piss poor performance unless corrected the Stealers could snake one from us with a late FG

32. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    This is a must win for us if we want to be in the playoff hunt.

33. Limbo

Limbo Mad Stillz

Mar 21, 2013
    Living where I do, I watch the Steelers almost every week. Want to see our guys come into the cold and gut this thing out. Some thoughts on the opponent...

Their safeties (Clark & Polamalu) are awful in coverage. I mean truly terrible. Especially playing center field - they guess a lot and don't have the closing speed they used to. Brady put on a clinic against Pittsburgh (432 4TDs 55 points) and most of it was attacking deep, sucking the safeties up with all the quick stuff, fooling them with his eyes, moving them with his shoulders. And Thanksgiving night you saw Flacco go at them over the top repeatedly with success.

LBs are a strength, of course, but Jarvis Jones is not a scary edge-rusher at this point. Timmons is a stud in the middle. Vince Williams inside is having a better rookie season than JJones. Woodley, if he can go, is playing pretty well. But if their two OLBs are JJones and Worilds, I like our chances on the edge even with our OTs.

We can run on them.
    They've had a drop-off going from Casey Hampton to Steve McLendon.

Their WRs are very good after the catch. They probably have the quickest duo of WRs in the League with Antonio Brown and Manny Sanders. They're tough to cover in the short passing game Haley runs, but the focus should be on tackling them immediately. Both are very elusive.

Le'Veon Bell, if he plays, is nothing to write home about. I don't know why they give him the ball as much as they do, tbh. Averaging 3.3 per carry, slow feet. Decent receiver for a rookie, good hands.

They mitigate their OLine problems much like we do - quick pass after quick pass. Ben's escapability helps a lot, of course - just keep coming at him. They throw a good chunk of the quick-hits straight to the perimeter, so get hands in the passing lanes and throw off their timing.

Great test for our team this week. Going into the house of a historic franchise with great hometown fans, in the cold, against a gritty QB and a team that's desperate and not quite dead yet. This would be a great win - our first consecutive since week 3, and it'd set us up for a run.

34. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I don't see that fanbase being hyped at this point, their def down on their team...that should reflect in the energy in the building..

35. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    Limbo, It'll be a good game if it comes down to two gritty QB's. We know Rothlesberger is consistent, has a high TD to INT ratio 21/10, is a franchise QB and I'd consider him elite. Tannehill is striving to get to that point. I thought we had an edge on Defense, but they are ranked one ahead of us at 13. To win, Tannehill will have to be consistant, and we will need to out coach them.

36. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    I know I bag on Lamar Miller a lot but I'll give him credit. He ran with a sense of purpose against the Jets.
    Run hard like that with consistency every week and help this team win. That is what I want to see against the Steelers.

cuchulainn, rafael and GMJohnson like this.
  37. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Tomlin is admitting his mistake..calling himself embarrassing in a stand up way....always loved that freakin guy...hopefully their team doesn't rally around him.

The team expects an announcement from the league today about consequences..man if they lose a draft pick that would depress the fanbase for sure.

38. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    It's almost like someone got in miller and Thigpens ear.

WhiteIbanez likes this.
  39. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Kiesel has been ruled out..

Bell Tomlin says looks good. Should be ready to play..

Man..after that hit and how his body responded, and that he doesn't remember a thing, as a franchise, I don't think I would let him play the next week..

Bpk likes this.
  40. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Got to be able to rattle Big Ben. It won't be easy.

Their defense is not what it once was. Tannehill should have more time to look downfield and hit some big plays.