1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***Official Dolphins at Bills game thread***

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sethdaddy8, Sep 11, 2010.

1. HenneGivenSunday

HenneGivenSunday New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    I'm satisfied with the 1-0 record... not satisfied from what I saw out there today. We should have won this game by 3 touchdowns, and against the teams we're playing these next 6 weeks, we can't afford to miss out on oppurtunities.

Hat's off to the defense though, they're the reason we won this game.

Merauder likes this.
  2. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I will start off by saying that I'm very happy with a W, regardless of the outcome. I thought the defense played lights out and obviously left some points off the board with the dropped pick 6's. Mike Nolan's philosophy is working. For the stagnant offense, I don't blame Henne as much as I blame Henning for not allowing him to take shots down the field. Aside from that loft pass to Fasano on the 1 and the long underthrown pass to Marshall that he dropped, did you see Henne take another shot down the field? The short passes are low risk and low reward. We are lucky that the Bills offense didn't get going until late. I think it's because Nolan backed off with 7 left in the 4th and thats how the Bills were able to drive down and score. How many times did we see Henne throw the ball 2 or 3 yards on 3rd and 7? At the end with 2 mins left when they needed to kill clock, Henning calls a pass on 2nd and 5. Why? Just like I said many times previously, Henning will call a decent (being a little generous with that right now) game and then at the most critical time, call something that should have never been called. I thought overall Henning called one of his worst games today and we were lucky to come out with a W. If we played anyone else this would have most likely been a L.

3. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

The Bills don't have a good secondary. They had the second best secondary last year in terms of yds given up per game.

4. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I will be happy to take a win in Buffalo. They don't come easy for the Dolphins up there no matter how bad the Bills seem to be. Unfortunately the schedule goes the other way from here and the Dolphins are going to have to play a lot better on offense to win any of the games in the coming weeks. The defense played excellent throughout the game except for the lone touchdown series by the Bills. The problem is that the QB's and the offenses the Dolphins will be facing in the coming weeks are a great deal better than the offense of the Buffalo Bills. This season is going to come down to how well Henne plays and whether or not he is the long term answer for the Dolphins at the QB position. The easy team is now out of the way. The next two months will determine if the Dolphins are a playoff caliber team or merely an also ran who happens to be better than a very bad Buffalo team.