1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***Official Dolphins @ Bills Gameday Thread***

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BlameItOnTheHenne, Nov 15, 2012.

1. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Sure it was, but its very, very very rarely called in this league.

2. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    No he has been watching from the sideline no field action.

3. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Well put... I'm looking forward to seeing them too...

4. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    [​IMG]

5. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    So basically after five years of Ireland as the teams GM, this team still needs to upgrade half their starting lineup. Some people wonder why I am so down on him as the teams GM.
    The Dolphins have spent tens of millions of dollars on offensive linemen over the past five years and they still have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL.

Boik14 and brandon27 like this.
  6. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    Hartline was hit in the head before the ball was there. Rarely called? Not sure about your stance here.

7. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    So in other words...he's better than everything we got, except Sean Smith?

8. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    u guys are talking about two different plays.

9. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Imma say that about half the team is worth keeping and thats mostly on defense...The other half is hot garbage. Yeah Nolan Carroll had four penalties but he's still not the answer at cornerback. Koa Misi is probably better suited as a backup. NONE of our receivers can run..Rishard Mathews has some speed...Maybe he emerges these last six weeks. We got a ton of work to do and it starts with the draft but i'd like to see us actually add some real players this offseason.
    Peace imma go bang my head on a wall for a while.

10. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Wait a minute, I think we're talking two penalties here... Im talking about the OPI on Hartline.

11. Vinny Fins

Vinny Fins Feisty Brooklyn dolfan ️‍

Oct 26, 2009
    Bklyn
    Sanchez isnt a rookie

12. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    But I wasn't, I was talking about the decapitation. Though I'm sorry that call was bull**** too. Even the announcers were like that's something every vet does and never get called for it.

13. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Right now the only free agents the Dolphins should attempt to sign are Starks and Smith, if Smith is willing to be paid as the average CB he truly is. If Smith wants to be paid as a top tier NFL CB, the Dolphins should just let him go in free agency. All the other free agents have played their way out of a large contract offer from the Dolphins, as far as I am concerned.

14. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    This is what happens when you can't effectively run the ball. Since I wasn't able to "watch" the game, I followed the game chart on nfl.com and when Buffalo was up 16-7, there was one distinct stat I noticed; a trend I've been noticing in our loses...when the number of pass attempts is doubled the number of rushing attempts, you're not controlling the ball; the ball is controlling you.

The inability for Miami to run the ball and run it EFFECTIVELY has been our achilles heel. This year thus far with Tannehill, last year with Matt Moore and the two years prior to that with Chad Henne. If you put the ball in the hands of inexperienced/average quarterbacks and expect them to win the game for you, you're going to lose. All defenses have to do is sit back, bide their time and interceptions will come.

Tannehill appeared to play briliantly the first quarter of the season, but he's been figured out. His completion percentage is down and his interceptions are up, being picked off twice tonight and 3times last week against Tennessee. If we are truly playing each game to WIN, then Mike Sherman needs to get Tannehill some help with an effective running game to take pressure off of Tannehill. This isn't 1984 when some kid named Marino came off the bench and didn't need a running game as he was the most incredible passer ever and could win games without a running game. This is 2012 and Ryan Tannehill is no Dan Marino.

When Joe Philbin announced that Tannehill would be the starting quarterback, I resigned this season to 3 or 4 wins total. I did become quickly optimistic when Miami won 4 games so quickly that perhaps this could be a spark of magic; magic similiar to what Jim Harbaugh brought to San Francisco last year, but after last week's heartbreaking loss to Tennessee I was convinced the magic had quickly faded. Tonight's loss only confirms what I felt last week.

I'll return to my mindset of this year being a rebuilding year. That we will end the season sub .500 and we still have a long way to go. Based on everyone's mindset last year of "why win meaningless games", I wonder when the clamor of "Lose for Landry" or something similar will begin.

I do hope Tannehill does continue to improve but with Miami's inability to effectively run the ball early in the game and control the game's tempo, numbers be damned, Miami's season is already done.

Based on what I've seen, the IMMEDIATE needs for Miami...
    -A big time clutch wide receiver, one that draws double coverage to loosen up the secondary
    -A running back able to burst between the tackles and gain an average of 5-6 yards per carry
    -A defensive secondary that's able to shut down the passing attacks we've been getting lit up with so frequently

Sad day in the Phins community :pity:

cdz12250, Paul 13, Boik14 and 2 others like this.
  15. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    exactly. I agree with you about the call you're talking about. I thought we were talking about the OPI though. I've had too much to drink lol

WhiteIbanez likes this.
  16. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    TBH, I'd like to see a different LG, so tired of seeing guys blow by Incognito like he was a statue.

Samudha, come on down.

17. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    Me too. Dammit.

18. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    See what the Dolphins do to me... lol and I've got to work at 830 tomorrow morning. Guess I should go pass out lol Im afraid I'll have nightmares of this team though lol

xphinfanx likes this.
  19. jw3102

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    But there are some individuals on here who state that the team has plenty of talent. They claim that it was Sparano who was the problem. I just wonder who they will blame this year when the Dolphins end up 6-10 again. I guess they will say it was because the team was playing with a rookie QB.

That might fly, except for the fact the Colts and Seahawks are both playing with rookie QB's and they have drastically improved this season over last year. The problem for the Dolphins is a severe lack of talent on the roster, plain and simple.

20. xphinfanx

Nov 1, 2009
    Ugh three bad games in a row good night all.

21. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    His seat is hot JW...

22. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    What sucks, is I can't remember the last time we were out of the playoff race(basically) and not played the Patriots yet! Usually they are a few of our losses, this isn't good.

Glad I wore my Miami jersey to work tonight...Buffalo even made our offense look incompetent. Whata joke.

23. xphinfanx

Nov 1, 2009
    I wish he would have been better for us but I do see why the coaches didn't want to play the wait on Vonte to grow up game. And look Ireland will have extra picks lol.