1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***Official Dolphins @ Patriots Game Thread***

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Stitches, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Well It's been a fun (and slightly disappointing) year, and I for one am sad to see it come to a close. It'd be much better to be playing for a playoff spot today (had Pitt won last week), but I still expect us to come out and play hard. I have to imagine that the players don't want to finish with a losing season (just like I don't), and that they really want to show the Patriots that they won't back down even with essentially nothing to play for.

As usual, I'll be looking forward to how Tannehill plays this week, and I hope by the end of the game he has at least as many TDs as INTs still, but it'd sure be nice to see him come out and have his best game of the year and maybe drop 3+ TDs on the Pats. Although I predicted we'd win 7 games this year, I didn't expect it to be with Tannehill starting all of them. Him getting 8 wins as a rookie would be pretty impressive IMO, even if his TD #'s aren't.

Additionally, I'll be looking at how the WRs (outside of Hartline) play, as I'd like to see Binns and Matthews show more (and how about Moore holding on to passes to him). Sure would be nice to see Egnew make a couple grabs today as well, but I think I'd settle for just one.

Bush is fairly close to 1,000 yards in back to back years (only 40 yds), and while 1,000 yards isn't quite the achievement it used to be, I don't think it's anything to sneeze at (especially for a guy like Reggie who was a part time player and not much of a ball carrier before he came here). Hopefully Miller continues off his strong performance last week as well and really puts the pressure on the defense (when he's in) to not key on Tannehill.

Finally, it'd be great to end the year with seeing Brady get sacked and picked multiple times, but that might be too much to ask. I'll be hoping for it though.

Anyways, Go Fins and on to better things in the coming months!

dolfan32323, evz, Den54 and 3 others like this.
  2. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    I think it was a good building year IMO. It was crazy to think we were serious contenders this year with a rookie HC, a rookie QB, totally new offense and changed schemes on D. Not too mention shedding some talent in Marshall and Davis.

The rookie coach I believe did well in 1st year, he faced adversity and came through, made some decisions. managed teh clock better than Sparano ever did. I am cautiously optimistic.

The rookie qb shows promise while still needing much improvement, but I think when you look at him and he is already as good or better than what he have had in the past, he certainly has promise

The schemes also show that with this offseason with the systems implemented will help it run better next season.

Today I want to see how they close it out, how they fight, how much emotion they have.

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  3. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Well it's been a weird year for me. Alot of hope and the start of the season gave us some unrealistic excitement and set up some of us for a real shot at something this year and than we fell into the Dolphins normal **** the bed season. Tanny has been a bright spot for the most part a few bone head mistakes, but nothing that has really stood out except getting balls batted down. We need some play makers on offense. We need a better Oline, and for god sakes we need to patch up the safety and secondary's STILL.

I want this game to be a BIG win and send us off for next year with some excitement, However New England needs this win for position and Tom Brady has been pretty damn good this year when it matters...

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  4. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Would love to come out and beat the Pats by 10+. That would be monumental for this teams ego for next season imo.

McLovin likes this.
  5. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Pretty much says it all for me.

6. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Winning this game would be a contribution, together with the cap room and the extra picks, to selling some season tickets during the offseason.

7. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Love my Phins but we havnt got much to play for. Patsies need momentum. Just can't see us winning. They are at home and they are on a roll. We've done ok this season. Expectations have been met and maybe more so. We are on the up. Just can't get excited about this game. Call me a realist. Hope I'm wrong and we shove it down their throats. Cam Wake needs some Brady! Hope the Krakken gets a piece of him.

8. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    When Joe Philbin announced Ryan Tannehill as the starting quarterback at the beginning of the season, I resigned to us winning 3 or 4 games total. We've won 7 and have a chance to finish out 8-8. With the turnover in coaching and the quarterback position, I think we've done pretty well.

And just so no one forgets the other side of the ball...if Miami's defense comes out to PLAY, New England could be in for a VERY, VERY LOOOOOOOONNNGGGGGGG day!!!

Mr Belichik, you were down 10-0 against the Jaguars last week before rallying to win.

We know the Jaguars
    The Jaguars are friends of ours
    Mr Belichik, this Dolphins defense is no Jaguars defense

Ophinerated and padre31 like this.
  9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I believe we will see this team play its best football of the year today..

Randy Starks has been dealing with his mom being very sick for a while now, she passed earlier this week, lets play hard for this true blood, and then sign him to a contract.

Randy!! Randy!!! Randy!!!!

10. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I disagree..this team was pushed harder this week then at any other time this season..

11. shouright

shouright Banned

Dec 13, 2007
    I wouldn't be surprised if we won this one here today. Being a divsion rivalry and the "capstone" game on the first season for its new coaching staff, I could easily see this team treating this game like its "Super Bowl," and that'd be a powerful motive that can overcome the difference in physical talent, especially if the Patriots are made complacent by the fact that they're playing a supposedly inferior team, despite what they have to play for themselves in terms of playoff seedings.

The more likely scenario, however (unfortunately), is that we kick their asses in the first half because of all the above dynamics, and then they "wake up" in the second half and come storming back for the win.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  12. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I do think we have a shot at this one. But wouldn't be surprised to see us lose big either, but don't think we'd be embarrassed (if that makes sense... probably not). Anything can and usually does happen. This year was all about Tannehill and clearly he's the future for us.

13. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I really want to see if we can run this spread option stuff moving forward, want to see if Ryan truly has the skills to be effective with it and that it's not just the element of suprise that made it effective.

14. vizi0n

vizi0n Boom.. Club Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Off topic... Clyde gates just got destroyed :eek:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

15. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    If we can get Dion Jordan in the first, I would have a plan to move up to the late first, and get Eiffert..Then pick up your receiver in the 2nd.

Dion Jordan

Tyler Eiffert

Robert Woods/ Bailey/ Austin/etc..

16. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    May be Reggie B's last game in miami, several long time dolphins could be checking out after the season so I plan on enjoying this game.

Want Bline to top 1,100 yds

Want Bush to top 1k yds

Want Thiggy to top 1k yds

Would love to see THill break into the top 20 of passing yards.

17. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    Make it Bailey in the 2nd, and add Greg Jennings in FA. :praying:

18. vizi0n

vizi0n Boom.. Club Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Right when I turn the tv on I see this... And life is good

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

19. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Jennings is a given in this scenario.

The object for me would be to aquire Jordan and Eiffert, probabaly would take you a 2nd and a 3rd to do that, so you still have 1 2nd and 1 3rd..Take the best receiver on the board.

20. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    I hope Reggie runs for 200+ yards

21. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    it would be better if Miller showed us what he can do.

22. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    None of these have to be mutually exclusive :yes:

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  23. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Jordan in the open field is beautiful to watch, he will be able to contain these running qbs better while pressuring them..true freak athlete.

24. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    The guy bangin Oprah is going pro ???

25. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    Its funny.....when I hear about the temps in the teens and a cold stiff wind in New England today...all that comes to mind are the old days when the Dolphins looked liked frozen statues in Buffalo and N.E. and couldn't make a tackle...and were fighting to get to the heaters.

I am curious to see how they handle the weather and what kind of character they show throughout the whole game.

26. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Which statement shows more hate for the Jets?
    statement #1... I want the Jets to lose today because I am happy when the Jets lose
    or
    statement #2.. I want the Jets to win today because I want them to have a worse draft pick.
    ?

27. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I remember when we had the worse record near the end of the year in cold weather games. I believe we have broken that curse.

28. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Vontae is gettin beat up by AD...

29. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    yes sir..

30. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    I know we have performed better these last few years....just remember how painful it was to watch those games..ugh

31. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    Yeah Jordan has that JPP athletic freak type specimen. I really like him if he's there for us.

We need a draft like the Colts had this year, success wise. I mean they drafter 5 players who are big time contributors, with huge upside for years to come, and are making plays every game.

Jordan, Eifert and Bailey could be instant contributors with the same big upside for years to come.

32. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Kind of an end of an era game. New logo and uniforms coming next season.

Last game of the season is always sad, but a win would be huge. Beating the Pats in New England and avoiding a losing a season would be amazing. Let's do it.

LET'S GO DOLPHINS!!

33. BayAreaFinFan

BayAreaFinFan D'oh Club Member

Jul 20, 2010
    San Francisco
    Ugh I remember those days. Start the season on fire in the warm months then tailspin in the winter months.

34. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    The more I watch the Colts, the more I realize how much they really did "Suck for Luck"

35. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Colts now up by 12... the Pats need to beat us to get a bye. Guess we will get their best today.

36. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Luck is bad ***..3 and 23, 4 th quarter...pump fake right, comes back left and throw a deep laser for Hilton for 6..

37. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Brilliant actually.

38. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    VD comes back with a pick in the endzone..he's given up like 10 catches, but he's battling.

39. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    He has 2 INTs today. But yeah, he either looks lost, or he intercepts the ball. Talk about inconsistent *does a Jeff Ireland hand-wave motion*

40. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    It's almost criminal yet no one talks about it because of the "Chuck Strong" story. I feel for Chuck and I'm glad he is back but **** that franchise. They tanked, on purpose, in order to get what they wanted. I loathe them.