1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Official* Dolphins v Falcons preseason game thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Aug 12, 2011.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    [​IMG]

Alrighty, been a looong offseason..who do you want to see play this evening?

MiamiDolphins.com will have the radio call of the game, and fair warning, it is a bit more difficult to find a stream this yr.

SICK, FinzFanGal, Bpk and 3 others like this.
  2. Mrtree

Mrtree Juan Huron's agent

Dec 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Got my sausages, peppers, buns, and beers and am going to do some preseason tailgating before heading to the Dome tonight. (Atlanta native) Here's to hoping we're better this season than I think we are.

SICK, Bpk, smahtaz and 1 other person like this.
  3. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    This is going to be a long day for me the game can't start soon enough.
    Only preseason but that feels like football has started.

4. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    I'm still torn between staying up and just ignoring it. It'll be hard as heck not to overanalyze this game to death. I usually consider the first two preseason games rather meaningless, but this year, I think we'll see epic sized misconceptions based on them.

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Would like to see a decently sharp first drive for the starters. Saw teams like the Eagles and Charges come out that way, and would like to see if we can as well.

Other than that, relatively few mistakes and a few young guys to make some plays. Would especially like to see Oddrick do some damage after missing so much of last year.

Oh, and special teams efficiency.

6. Frayser

Frayser Barstool Philosopher

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Wish I could afford to go, but I just couldn't justify spending that much money for a preseason game. I'll be watching on tv. This is going to be a nice little test for our secondary. Vontae & SS24 going up against Roddy White & Julio Jones.

7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    FWIW, I've heard the tix are 5 bucks.

8. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Bpk likes this.
  9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Bpk likes this.
  10. Frayser

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Lowest priced tickets are $55. I saw an ad on Craigslist for $5 tickets, but it was just a link to a professional ticket site. By the way, has anyone noticed that Craigslist has basically been taken over by these professional sites? It's crazy. I'd say nine in ten posts for event tickets these days are just links to those sites. It didn't used to be that way. I actually think a lot of these sites are going in and purchasing tickets in order to sell them at a markup too. And then of course there's Ticketmaster with its monopoly now charging $10.75 per ticket fees. So outrageous.

padre31 likes this.
  11. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    The Dolphins played the Saints in the preseason for a bout three years in a row (before last year). I'd walk down to the Dome and buy two tickets for $10 each! Not from a scalper, but from some season ticket holder who didn't want to suffer through a meaningless game.

Frayser likes this.
  12. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I'm interested to see Gates, Clay, Hilliard, Sheets, D. Thomas, Garner, Murtha, J. Wilson, R. Jones, Odrick & Fields. Won't see a whole heckuva lot of the starters. Like to see the rookies and guys coming back from injuries.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    mornin..

For me, its all about the players that addressed the weaknesses, #1.. Henne, Some swagger, some confident demeanor, some arrogant throws, and most importantly, his footwork, we need to see more decisive Footwork, if he doesn't leave the field with some confidence, he will only feel more pressure, regardless if its a preseason game..#2..Gates...We need to see the flashes to be sure that that his skillset will play in this receiver group, this year...# Bush..like to see an upfield aggressive nature..#4..Clay..can the guy block well enough to unseat Polite and make the position more dangerous and diverse...#5. Lex, he said he has learned the fullback position as well, want to see if were thinking Peyton Hillis..#6, Burnett...Wanna see if the mouth matches the game, and just how he moves.

Bpk and dolfan7171 like this.
  14. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    If you want to see swagger and arrogance from Henne, you're gonna be disappointed. He might be confident, but he'll never cross that line into swagger and arrogance. And good for him! He's a methodical QB. Dare I say, a ROBOT!

15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I'd love to see some explosive plays out of Kory Sheets, that would solve a whole host of questions.

That and my man Lil Beast Wallace whipping some butts, those would be two great signs for us.

16. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    [​IMG]

Hmm, appears to be a problem with Chad Henne's empathy chip...

17. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Well....

I want to see how our offense looks. Im pretty sure I know what we have on defense......

Would like to see a few crisp series with Henne at the helm. See some different things that Daboll will bring. Really want to see Clyde Gates...Clay....and our young running backs.

Id like to see our offense be aggresive. I think you can be vanilla in your play calling...and still be aggresive. I believe we have to have a "Miami Attack" mentality....if our offense plays up to how I think we can this season...thats gonna be my nickname for our offense...the "Miami Attack"...

Wow.....I dont think Ive ever put someone on ignore after only 3 posts.......(I decided to not allow any cookies.....)....

18. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Probably the most important player, is to see if D Thomas can play.

Bpk likes this.
  19. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    for his sake, he needs to lead the team when he steps on the field, he needs to have the right body language...The team he's leading is looking for his weaknesses, he needs to overcome in front of them...

Some of the best most philosophical advice I ever got came in 4 words, and I'll always remember them, and to this day, still use the great wisdom.

Don't be a Pu##y..

lol

mullingan likes this.
  20. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Not so much in this game though Deej, DTrain is a grinder, this is not that sort of game.

I'll just be glad that all of the :words: come to an end and we start, you know, playing some games.

SeanP likes this.
  21. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Henne AND Daniel Thomas yes. But, the thing I'm most interested in seeing is how the O-line looks tonight. Obviously, there's no Jake Long out there protecting the blindside. How does Mike Pouncey look? Do his shotgun snap issues rear their head again? Did Richie Incognito actually get more mobile? Is Marc Colombo as bad as the practice reports and his 2010 season were?

Bpk likes this.
  22. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

killer_robot-t2.jpg

Killer robot powered with by a Henne....

23. Vendigo

Nov 30, 2007
    Here's what I'm looking forward to:

If Henne [the first team offense] really stinks, I'm looking forward to the League of Extraordinary Optimists telling the Doom and Gloom Fraction that it's only preseason.

If Henne [the first team offense] really shines, I'm looking forward to the Doom and Gloom Fraction telling the League of Extraordinary Optimists that it's only preseason.

If our defense really stinks, I'm looking forward to everyone saying that it's only preseason.

If our defense really shines, I'm looking forward to pretty much no one saying that it's only preseason.

biggiesmalls3k1, MrClean and padre31 like this.
  24. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I wonder if they are even going to play the starters....the Pats didnt last night...the Jags didnt start Garrard....

also NFLN has the game on replay tomorrow at 1PM...

25. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    You appear to know how things work here.

Bpk likes this.
  26. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009

27. Mrtree

Dec 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Got tickets for less than $10 a piece in the lower level. Of course living here helps.

28. Frayser

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    "Vee believe in nothing, Lebowski!" :lol:

Bpk likes this.
  29. Mrtree

Dec 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    LMAO. Spot on.

30. Frayser

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Did you get them on Craigslist?

31. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

PM for stream

32. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Damn, just checked AFN's schedule and I get to watch the whoopty-friggin-doo Tampa Bay Yuckanners and Kansas City Chefs :(

Ok, tonight's the night guys...tonight, we find out whether the foundation is there...the cohesion, the new players' abilities.

Just remember, this is a glorified scrimmage for the new players, so to win/lose doesn't matter.

Keep that in mind when the criticism starts

33. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I'm guessing I fall in the LEO, but I wouldn't make too much (good or bad) out of the 1st preseason game. If Henne's cumulative preseason is bad or good, then yea I'd lean one way or the other on him. But not after 1 game. Same thing with the defense.

Frayser likes this.
  34. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

MikeHoncho likes this.
  35. Frayser

Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Every time I see that phrase now, I immediately think of Dexter and get a little bit of a chill.

Good attitude. I'm just looking at individual plays. I want to see Henne make a few good throws, make a few good decisions. That's it. Sparano said they weren't even preparing for the Falcons. So it's not like we're rolling out there with an offensive gameplan tailored to what Atlanta can do on defense.

djphinfan likes this.
  36. Vendigo

Nov 30, 2007
    Yeah, I lean towards the DGF (things have gotten somewhat Command&Conquer here) but as I said in my first post, today's game will be even more meaningless than week 1 preseason games usually are. But that probably won't stop us from discussing at epic length and in mindboggingly elaborate detail how much Henne/the offense/the defense/starter Y rocked/sucked/has to improve/needs to get his arse outta here. And since we're multi taskers, we'll also analyze in spectacular depth the merits of undrafted rookie X who so would have made the team if they hadn't cut him on 53 day.

Stitches likes this.
  37. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I want to see:

1. Henne and the offense in general. I want to see some crispness and some timing, more formations and passes to the backs and TEs.

2. The running backs. Thomas, Bush and Grigsby are the three I'm most excited to see.

3. WRs. Marshall, Gates and Murphy.

4. Charles Clay.

5. Reshad Jones.

6. STs coverage. Although the rule change may improve our KO coverage more than anything we could have done.

Bpk and Frayser like this.
  38. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Just don't cross the streams.

Bpk and Frayser like this.
  39. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I would play them 2 series tops, if they put together a good drive on the first one, I would take them out after 1...no more than 2 drives.

40. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    [​IMG]