1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Dolphins vs Chargers game day thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by adamprez2003, Sep 27, 2011.

1. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    This team is playing like a sloppy Division ll college team. that has to come back on coaching IMO. It doesnt help that our HC and OC are both relatively young at their respective position.

brandon27 likes this.
  2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I would go inside linebacker

3. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    You hit rock bottom when your players mail it in. Todays game was mailed in. No passion....no desire. When you fist-pump mediocrity..its time to move on. Guys should have family members pick up their paychecks this week. Especially Bell,Marshall,Soliai,Burnett and Dansby. This was a waste of a game. I just wasted 3hrs showing more pain,anguish and desire than a bunch of grown men making alot of money. Sad day all around

4. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    But we still have hot cheerleaders!

Btw, SD has some hot ones too!!!

5. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    What in Lords name happened to Dansby??? Burnett is not even worth a mention

6. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    yup Pods, that's the most frustrating part--- watching a playoff caliber team play this poorly.

steveincolorado likes this.
  7. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    Corey Webster made a good play for the NYG to win the game. Glad we got Travis Daniels instead that year.

8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Eh, I think the new approach by Sparano did not work, the laid back one, the players do not fear the HC and do not fear being benched.

I'd rather bench Marshall, put Bline over there, and start Gates, then to continue with this.

9. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    At least Tony has two years of money coming in after he's gone.

10. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    The players quit on Sparano last year. This is just a continuation of last year's collapse.

11. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Exactly, they will have the bye week, but a under powered offense and a leaky defense, there has to be more changes then I think Sparano would be willing to make to get it done.

OL has played better, Secondary is awful, ILB's are bad as well.

We get VD back, bench Jones for Clemons, and use Marvin Mitchell more at ILB as Burnett pulled off the greatest robbery in Dolphins history and did not use a gun.

Dansby has a bad groin, but 2 weeks off.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  12. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    I didn't think the Chargers played that bad, honestly.

ToddsPhins and FinSane like this.
  13. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    What we thought was a playoff caliber team, but we are not. The O-line stinks, you could have Drew Brees back there and it would not matter. Marshall drops big pass after big pass. The defense was highly overrated, and I would go more than highly but I can't come up with a word.

We are far from a playoff caliber team.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  14. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    There's too many problems on this team for Ireland/Sparano to admit to before they could even think about fixing them. Blow it up. Start over. Again.

15. thisperishedmin

thisperishedmin Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    severely over rated? I definitely had them in that category...hate to admit it. I saw 2-2 or 1-3...but I imagined them looking decent.

I just cant understand how they look this DOG**** out there. Just awful... blech.

ToddsPhins and padre31 like this.
  16. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I would immediately blow up this team. Get something for the better talent on this team. I would keep all talent on the offensive side of the ball, especially on the OL (maybe three guys and Garner). The defense I would trade off except for the youngest players.

17. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    It's stunning, Marshall drops plays "elite" Wr's make, the middle of the field is wide open on Defense, they miss tackles etc.

18. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    It was embarrassing how open Jackson was on that long play in the first half.

19. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I stated on here before the season that I didn't see the Dolphins winning but four or five games. I never thought the talent on the team was very good and I just don't trust the game day coaching of Sparano. Now I am hoping that I was wrong in predicting the Dolphins would win 4 or 5 games. Now I am hoping that they win two or less. This will give them the best chance to have the first pick in the draft and the only hope for the Dolphins in the near future is to get Luck who will be next great NFL QB. He can do for the Dolphins what Manning did for the Colts.

Hopefully the Dolphins don't blow it by winning 4-5 games and losing out on a chance of selecting Luck.

20. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Marshall is a possession receiver Vincent is a deep threat. Two different type of receivers so the comparisons aren't really fair though I would say Vincent is the better WR overall.

Anyways, the reason why the players quit on Sparano has to do with the fact that he isn't really coaching. The guy is all talk, a cheerleader, he thinks he can get away and act as a coach by fist pumping, talking confident, try to pump up his teammates. But that's not what real coaches do, that's just a fraction of the coach's job. He does not specialize in any areas of the game, which is why he can't teach or make any adjustments, he's just a complete dumbass on headphones on the sidelines. There is a predetermined game plan he has, and he rolls and dies with it. He is incapable of making adjustments as I've said, the guy just doesn't have the intellect to make those adjustments.

Just a dumbass.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  21. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

Webster was picked two rounds ahead of Daniels. Pretty sure I remember Saban targeting Webster and he was picked before our pick.

22. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I didn't think about that. You got a point. I think that'd be a close call between the two, but I give Safety the nod b/c IMO they're consistently terrible for a greater amount of time. That'd be a good debate topic though, Dupree.

23. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    This with YB and SS24, they should do better then that weak azz effort.

24. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    I wouldn't go so far as blowing it up. IMO they just need someone to get them playing like they're capable of..... along with a few other additions and subtractions.

25. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    I'm glad you're not an Oncologist.

FinSane likes this.
  26. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    The Colts have an outstanding organization. Luck isn't doing anything for us how we're currently playing and being coached.

People thought #1 overall pick Bradford would be the answer.

Rams looked promising last year at 7-9..... and now they're 0-4 and have scored the lowest amount of points in the NFL with Bradford. A #1 overall pick doesn't automatically mean all your problems have been solved. Are you prepared to possible suck for the next few years with the hopes that a QB turns us around or would you prefer to expect this organization to turn it around with the talented roster we currently have? This team has the talent to be a playoff team as it sits. It should be held accountable for that rather than playing the "what if" game down the road. We have to assume that we may never get another Marino and approach it from that standpoint. We have to be able to win without an elite QB just like teams of the past have done rather than crying that we can't do anything without a HOF QB.

27. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    In Marhsall's defense, the deep pass to him was smack in the sun. IMO it should've been called to the strong side.

28. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Why? I'm not chopping off a breast if it doesn't need to be removed. I like boobies.

29. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Outsuck Indy AND Minny?

[​IMG]

MikeHoncho likes this.
  30. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Horse ****, he has been doing that all yr, recall the 3rd down play with the drop as well?

I'd bench him, seriously.

31. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

He's ALWAYS dropped alot of passes. Why is everyone so surprised? Watching the replay of that pass today you can see the shadow go across his face so yeah, he lost it in the sun. That's not what I have a problem with after today though. His stupid *** didn't look like he was trying most of the game to me. So screw benching him. If this team is going to suck let him earn his money.

32. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

I wont root to lose to get Luck but he is one of the best prospects to come out in a long time. He is a Qb to build a team around and this team needs to be rebuilt..