Official Dolphins vs Chargers game day thread

1302 replies

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum VeteranOP
Sep 27, 2011, 09:39 PM

OFFICIAL SAN DIEGO CHARGERS vs MIAMI DOLPHINS GAME DAY THREAD

Game time: Who cares?
Location: Does it ****ing matter?
Interesting facts: **** you if you think I'm wasting my time trying to find any

Enough of this feeling sorry for ourselves ****. It's time to win a ballgame and get back some pride. We always suck at the beginning of the year. It's what we do, it's who we are. But then comes the back against the wall game and we pull ourselves out of it. Week 4 will be that game.

Rather than wallow in our putridness and write endless posts about which player or coach or GM is to blame it's time we face the inevitable truth. We lost because of the people who have been starting these gameday threads.

Week 1 we went with Padre. Nice guy, gave a good effort but the game has passed him by. We had to move him out. At least he's enjoying his retirement days

Next up was Sethdaddy. Facing the Texans was a suicide mission given our history but Seth promised us that he could bring us victory. Sadly his mission ended abruptly before he could find his target

then there was section. section made the fatal flaw of defending Lebron James and bringing his 4th quarter meltdown curse onto our beloved Dolphins ensuring a defeat. We have dealt with Section's crime against Dolphins Nation

So now that we have a new regime in place to take control of the game day threads, I expect only one thing.................VICTORY!

How will I do this? First I will inspire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE

Then I will bribe

then i will deal with all the naysayers

Victory is ours



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

Sep 27, 2011, 09:41 PM

Tie game, 10 seconds left, Dolphins with the ball on their own 20 yard line. Chad Henne QB draw for an 80 yard TD. Dolphins win!

SUCK IT HATERS!

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Sep 27, 2011, 09:44 PM

"rocky raccoon wrote:

tie game, 10 seconds left, dolphins with the ball on their own 20 yard line. Chad henne qb draw for an 80 yard td. Dolphins win!

Suck it haters!

its like you can read my mind



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

OphineratedOphineratedForum Veteran
Sep 27, 2011, 09:44 PM

If there is one thing I do love about all our official game day threads, they all entertain the hell out of me!

It's great to be on a board with so many witty guys that love a damn good bit of levity!

BigDogsHuntBigDogsHuntNew Member
Sep 27, 2011, 09:45 PM

"Rocky Raccoon wrote:

Tie game, 10 seconds left, Dolphins with the ball on their own 20 yard line. Chad Henne QB draw for an 80 yard TD. Dolphins win!

SUCK IT HATERS!

You forgot to mention the sprinklers......

this message brought to you by:

BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Sep 27, 2011, 09:47 PM

Bro, like. Bro.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

BigDogsHuntBigDogsHuntNew Member
Sep 27, 2011, 09:52 PM

"adamprez2003 wrote:

Week 1 we went with Padre. Nice guy, gave a good effort but the game has passed him by. We had to move him out. At least he's enjoying his retirement days

I still see he volunteers as a crossing guard every now and again at the "UNIVERSITY" (cough, cough):

BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

Starry31Starry31Forum Veteran
Sep 27, 2011, 09:52 PM

then there was section. section made the fatal flaw of defending Lebron James and bringing his 4th quarter meltdown curse onto our beloved Dolphins ensuring a defeat. We have dealt with Section's crime against Dolphins Nation

I had forgot about that gameday thread and then us failing in a critical moment.

Don't worry guys, this week I'm picking against the Dolphins in Pigskin Pick 'Em for the first time. Definitely not losing now.

ADAdamC13New Member
Sep 27, 2011, 09:59 PM

adamprez if I could give you 2 Fist Pumps I would...somehow that just doesn't sound right.

With a game day thread like this the Dolphins couldn't possibly lose. I feel so inspired I predict a 56-3 victory over the bolts.

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Sep 27, 2011, 10:00 PM

"BigDogsHunt wrote:

I still see he volunteers as a crossing guard every now and again at the "UNIVERSITY" (cough, cough):

hard to say what Padre is doing nowadays. He's an enigma wrapped within a riddle inside a mystery



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Sep 27, 2011, 10:02 PM

"AdamC13 wrote:

adamprez if I could give you 2 Fist Pumps I would...somehow that just doesn't sound right.

With a game day thread like this the Dolphins couldn't possibly lose. I feel so inspired I predict a 56-3 victory over the bolts.

i would take two fist pumps from the girl in your avatar.



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Sep 27, 2011, 10:08 PM

"adamprez2003 wrote:

hard to say what Padre is doing nowadays. He's an enigma wrapped within a riddle inside a mystery

1. you could never talk a girl into wearing heels and hose where they could get ruined.

2. since deposed from Gameday Thread duties, I've taken up Haiku writing, pottery, and medievil rapier dueling.

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Sep 27, 2011, 10:12 PM

"padre31 wrote:

1. you could never talk a girl into wearing heels and hose where they could get ruined.

2. since deposed from Gameday Thread duties, I've taken up Haiku writing, pottery, and medievil rapier dueling.

you're the 23rd?



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

Sep 27, 2011, 10:17 PM

I'm calling dibs on the Jets game thread if we lose Sunday. Who better than a Jets hater from Jersey?

OphineratedOphineratedForum Veteran
Sep 27, 2011, 10:22 PM

"adamprez2003 wrote:

you're the 23rd?

Damn it... I was actually in the midst of posting something similar and then the ToS entered the back of my mind... and I chickened out. :lol:

OphineratedOphineratedForum Veteran
Sep 27, 2011, 10:23 PM

"Rocky Raccoon wrote:

I'm calling dibs on the Jets game thread if we lose Sunday. Who better than a Jets hater from Jersey?

I'll take the bye week... I should be good for no loss there... then again...

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Sep 27, 2011, 10:34 PM

"padre31 wrote:

1. you could never talk a girl into wearing heels and hose where they could get ruined.

2. since deposed from Gameday Thread duties, I've taken up Haiku writing, pottery, and medievil rapier dueling.

1. you could never talk a girl into wearing heels and hose where they could get ruined.

Really?

Why do you say that? ;) http://www.thephins.com/forums/album.php?albumid=119&attachmentid=1276

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Sep 27, 2011, 10:34 PM

"Rocky Raccoon wrote:

I'm calling dibs on the Jets game thread if we lose Sunday. Who better than a Jets hater from Jersey?

i stiff arm your doubts



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Sep 27, 2011, 10:35 PM

"Ophinerated wrote:

Damn it... I was actually in the midst of posting something similar and then the ToS entered the back of my mind... and I chickened out. :lol:

we can have no fear in this thread



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

Sep 27, 2011, 11:00 PM

"adamprez2003 wrote:

i stiff arm your doubts

I have no doubts. I'm always a believer. But we have to be prepared.

steveincoloradosteveincoloradoNew Member
Sep 27, 2011, 11:02 PM

I thought that was Killer over Pads lap?

Sorry Pads, I know you can do better.

MAmaddenking1234New Member
Sep 28, 2011, 07:28 AM

22 seconds left in a tie game, dolphins ball at our own 25. First we run it with reggie bush up the middle to make them think we are going to overtime, we then line up in the same formation and pull a play action with 2 receivers streaking. Brandon down the left and Hartline down the right, Marshall fakes like he catches it and Hartline instead catches the ball. With no time left on the clock he is white boy sprinting to the end zone.... then BAM! Trips on his own feet, fumbles out of bounds at the 1 yard line, and we lose on a kick return in overtime. Yup that's just how our luck is going right now -_-

xphinfanxxphinfanxForum Veteran
Sep 28, 2011, 08:04 AM

Thanks Ad nice nice job stepping up and taking one for the team. I hope you have to keep doing them.

That's why they play the games!:yes:

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Sep 28, 2011, 08:15 AM

So now that sections dead, padre is back in adult daycare center or as I like to call it "County Prison", and seth daddy was sent back to warioland or wherever the hell guidos come from, I think our bad karma is finally washed way. Heres to a victory, or if not a hell of a good time burning adam inside a giant wicker man statue.

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Sep 28, 2011, 08:21 AM

"Ophinerated wrote:

If there is one thing I do love about all our official game day threads, they all entertain the hell out of me!

It's great to be on a board with so many witty guys that love a damn good bit of levity!

Levity, yes.
Witty, not so much.

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.