Official Dolphins Vs Cowboys Game Thread

984 replies

jboogiejboogieForum Veteran
Aug 23, 2014, 12:41 PM

"finwin wrote:

I'd like to see those things too. I found that it's not worth the virus risk so I just ponied up the $20 to NFL for the past two seasons. I've been very happy with it. You may want to consider that next year Sick.

Promo code "Directv" gets it for $15. Plus you can rewind watch our running plays get blown up in slow motion.

invidinvidSupporter
Aug 23, 2014, 01:20 PM

"finwin wrote:

Not only Jordan, but Jamar Taylor and Will Davis need to start making impacts to determine if they will be the future of the team. The coaching staff and GM have their players, so the blame Ireland game won't hold water this year.

Davis has something like a +5.6 rating from PFF for the first two preseason games.

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Aug 23, 2014, 01:25 PM

"invid wrote:

Davis has something like a +5.6 rating from PFF for the first two preseason games.

He's the highest rated CB in the NFL so far this pre-season.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Aug 23, 2014, 01:29 PM

"btfu149 wrote:

I'm already pretty happy with the passing game so I'd like to see more of that. More than anything I'd love to see the interior of the line play better and get some kind of a run game (Moreno is playing tonight!), also I want to see McCain play so well I don't have watch Phillip Wheeler ever again.

I thought McCain was playing behind Ellerbe at Will, and Tripp behind Wheeler at Sam?

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Aug 23, 2014, 01:33 PM

"invid wrote:

Davis has something like a +5.6 rating from PFF for the first two preseason games.

Oh and by the way...Trusnik and McCain rated #1/2 on the pre-season as well. Fede #5.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Aug 23, 2014, 01:35 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

No injuries because of the silly starters playing extended time.jmo.

Nickel battle.

McCain....

Interior oline.

3rd tight end

3rd string run back

Which of the starters are the silly ones?

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Aug 23, 2014, 01:41 PM

"PhinFan1968 wrote:

Oh and by the way...Trusnik and McCain rated #1/2 on the pre-season as well. Fede #5.

PFF has them ranked:

Trusnik 5.6
Davis 5.6
McCain 5.3
Fede 4.5
Starks 3.4
Smith 2.9
Tripp 2.8
A. Johnson 2.0
Wilson 1.3
Shelby 1.1
Mitchell 0.8
Finnegan 0.6
Kovacs 0.5
Misi 0.5

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Aug 23, 2014, 01:47 PM

I want to come out of the game healthy first and foremost.

I also want, no, need to see us run the ball with success.

Fins Up!!!

finwinfinwinNew Member
Aug 23, 2014, 01:50 PM

I've always thought that Davis would be a performer at DB since watching his combine and draft videos. The knock has been that he doesn't back up well and is slow to turn his hips. If Finnigan handles the 2nd spot well, I think Davis will be great at Nickle for us, but he'd be a liability early in the season as the #2 DB.

Sherif

RoninFin4RoninFin4Supporter
Aug 23, 2014, 01:51 PM

"MrClean wrote:

I thought McCain was playing behind Ellerbe at Will, and Tripp behind Wheeler at Sam?

Other way around.

@KevinMD4

JWjw3102Forum Veteran
Aug 23, 2014, 02:01 PM

I expect the Dolphins offense to be able to move the ball and score against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. If they don't, that will be be a sign that the OL still needs a lot of work to become a solid unit.

I am more interested in seeing how the first string defense plays against the Cowboys first string offense. Right now, other than the OL, my biggest concern is the play of the LB's and the secondary. If the defense can come out and limit the yards and points of the Cowboys offense, at least this would be a good indication that the defense can be effective against one of the better offenses in the NFL.

CitizenSnipsCitizenSnipsNew Member
Aug 23, 2014, 02:06 PM

Tannehil looked sharp in both games so far. Want to see more.

Id love it if Miller and moreno actually did something on the ground.

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Aug 23, 2014, 02:17 PM

Gotta see our STAR!!! LOVE watching Brandon FIELDS! GOT MY POPCORN READY!

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Aug 23, 2014, 02:19 PM

"invid wrote:

Their secondary isn't terrible but they're completely depleted at LB.

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Aug 23, 2014, 02:22 PM

I want to see points. I have firm belief in our defense.....long as we keep them in check...not gonna really stress on the D at this point. I want to see the offensive line show cohesiveness....and Tannehill continue what has been a stellar pre season.

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Aug 23, 2014, 02:23 PM

"SICK wrote:

Our record when I start the gameday thread.....

You know it homie!

Bryan Cranston is just effing awesome. Great actor plus doesn't take himself too seriously. Love that.

Did you see his prank at Comicon?

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Aug 23, 2014, 02:24 PM

"PhinFan1968 wrote:

Oh and by the way...Trusnik and McCain rated #1/2 on the pre-season as well. Fede #5.

I'm more impressed by Davis because he has been doing against the 1st stringers.

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Aug 23, 2014, 02:26 PM

"finwin wrote:

I've always thought that Davis would be a performer at DB since watching his combine and draft videos. The knock has been that he doesn't back up well and is slow to turn his hips. If Finnigan handles the 2nd spot well, I think Davis will be great at Nickle for us, but he'd be a liability early in the season as the #2 DB.

Agree that I was high on Davis coming out.

Disagree that he's slow to turn his hips. Physically he has great hips and change of direction too. I think maybe you mean his recognition isn't great though and he does sometimes get fooled, and may not turn and run when he should because of the mental aspect. Physically the kid is balls.

He also was a poor tackler coming out but I've seen a marked improvement in that already.

He's also making fewer mental mistake.

The kid is very much progressing. He's our Tracy Porter.

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Aug 23, 2014, 02:26 PM

Hey...thought you all might like this:

Playing the first game of Madden 15 season....and on the Pats first two drives...Miami with 2 pick sixes....David with the first and Grimes with the second...!!!

Playing on All Pro..Btw....maybe a good omen on the Season..lol

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Aug 23, 2014, 02:27 PM

"vt_dolfan wrote:

Hey...thought you all might like this:

Playing the first game of Madden 15 season....and on the Pats first two drives...Miami with 2 pick sixes....David with the first and Grimes with the second...!!!

Playing on All Pro..Btw....maybe a good omen on the Season..lol

SWEEEEET!!! Can you please cut Daniel Thomas... or is that impossible in Madden too?

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Aug 23, 2014, 02:38 PM

The default is Moreno....and now Im tempted to restart the season just to see if I can cut Thomas..lol

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Aug 23, 2014, 02:41 PM

"vt_dolfan wrote:

The default is Moreno....and now Im tempted to restart the season just to see if I can cut Thomas..lol

It would be fun to go get all the great players we eaither passed on or cut then they got good.

Matt Ryan, Jimmy Graham, in terms of draft opportunities.

Heck, Drew Brees instead of Culpepper.

Ninkovich, Wade Smith, etc.

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Aug 23, 2014, 02:43 PM

"Bpk wrote:

I'm more impressed by Davis because he has been doing against the 1st stringers.

McCain and Tripp entered the game early enough to have went against some of the 1st stringers.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Aug 23, 2014, 02:47 PM

"Bpk wrote:

Agree that I was high on Davis coming out.

Disagree that he's slow to turn his hips. Physically he has great hips and change of direction too. I think maybe you mean his recognition isn't great though and he does sometimes get fooled, and may not turn and run when he should because of the mental aspect. Physically the kid is balls.

He also was a poor tackler coming out but I've seen a marked improvement in that already.

He's also making fewer mental mistake.

The kid is very much progressing. He's our Tracy Porter.

That's not much of a compliment. I thought you liked Davis.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

BpkBpkLuxury Box
Aug 23, 2014, 02:48 PM

"MrClean wrote:

McCain and Tripp entered the game early enough to have went against some of the 1st stringers.

That's good news! Hm. Hopeful we may be able to get them enough playing time this year to see some LB turnover next season!

Though I'd rather Ellerbe-Misi-Wheeler (trucking company) perform well.