1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Official Dolphins vs Ravens Thread*

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Nov 7, 2010.

1. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    This Jets fan knows enough that Pennington isn't the answer. Love the guys, but come on. My daughter can throw the ball harder and farther.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  2. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Another loss, another blame it all on Henne thread.

Typical.

3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    ed reed said "the key to beating miami, and chad henne, is to stay deciplined and not take chances, cause we know henne wont"

ouch.

is that henne or coaching?

4. cdnfinfan

cdnfinfan New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    and both of those guys caused INT's, what aren't you getting?

5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    They only did so to protect Henne when Penny was the starter *gosh* they did not have to do so.

The Staff has bent over backwards schematically to protect Henne Fish, and he still fails in anything approaching a big game.

Look at his stat lines against:

-Jets
    -Pats
    -Steelers
    -Ravens

I'd think 280 yds on avg, 1 Td more interceptions than Td's in 3 of four games, not sure about the Jets game though.

It was the same crap in 09, he had 4 300 yd games to start with, then regressed massively for the rest of the season.

YouTube - The Sopranos: Big ***** is a fish

The "defining" game, and Henne turned into a Big ***** Fish, no matter how much Tone may like him, he has to face the facts...

6. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, that is maybe your 4th consecutive response that relies on hyperbole, if you do not have facts then feign outrage I'd guess?

7. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Get through to what? The looney bin? I think so. The straight jacket is already off the hanger and they're welcoming you with open arms..... or a needle and pills. :lol:

Added Hartline? WTF has he done besides contribute major inconsistency? What can the beast do when teams aren't worried about Hart, Fasano, or our RBs gashing them? What can the beast do when teams don't have to worry about defending the deep part of the field?

Of course that doesn't happen to Penny..... b/c Penny is the best QB in the history of the NFL with a 100% completion rate.

8. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    No Sick see, I am Chad Pennington's agent, my job is to spend hours denigrating Chad Henne cause I'm making it all up..

Dude is a Fish, the guys around him, they ain't moving, sooner or later, whether you want to hear it or not, we all have to face the facts.

Perhaps that report about Parcells being disappointed with Hennes' development were not make believe?

9. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    How in the world is this a defining game, because Brandon Marshall said so? There's still 8 games left.

Henne is not the reason for the offense's lack of success. It's a collective effort and it starts with the offensive philosophy. Chad Pennington would fare no better with what we're trying to do. Henne's in his what, 18th game as a starter, and has a winning record. I can't wait to see what happens when he has an updated offensive philosophy and some weapons around him. Pennington's time passed in 2008, and I think that was clear with the way things unfolded in 2009 the first 3 games he started.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  10. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    You know what...I half way wish Sparano would make the switch to Pennington. That way when he f's it up, or more likely gets killed, and they have to go back to Henne, we can all say I told you so.

:pity:

ToddsPhins likes this.
  11. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Tell me how you're supposed to develop a QB in a 20-yard box offense...please, I'm dying to hear this. A weakened running game, no vertical threat save Marshall, and no threat at TE up the seam. Please, do explain.

Putting in Pennington is just throwing the gearshift into reverse on this franchise - there's no logical reason to do it. Henne is the best QB we have on the roster at this point in time. We draft Andrew Luck, and maybe he isn't. But that's a far-fetched move that isn't necessary. A WR, another RB, another TE - those are necessary moves. Christ, look at what Ray Rice did off of catching 5 dump offs today - Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, and Patrick Cobbs can't do that.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  12. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Point is Henne has played well against top teams, he's in fact torched them before. You can win with him at the helm in the playoffs, he's not Pennington in that sense. Let's be honest.

You give checkdown Henne, Ray Rice, the Ravens receivers, and Todd Heap what happens? I'll tell you what, he thrives. He flat out thrives.

ToddsPhins and RoninFin4 like this.
  13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Chad Henne threw 3 int's, Chad Henne missed a wide open Anthony Fasano in the endzone, Chad Henne tries to run, but cannot.

Put it this way, what is it that Chad Henne does do well?

14. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    And if Csonka could drink from the fountain of youth..

:words: :words: blah blah :words:

I have watched him closely for 2 yrs now, I m not calling him a Choke Fish for no reason, nor saying that maybe he cannot overcome it, right now, Henne needs a warm spot on the bench with a clipboard.

Dude can't play.

'Nuff said,.

15. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    What does Chad Pennington do better? Yeah, he might've hit the dump to Fasano, but he most certainly doesn't hit Marshall over the middle, nor does he hit Bess to get it to the one yardline.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Great against the blitz, great arm, improving accuracy and awareness. Has shown he can lead this team for a Game winning score.

17. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Man, Derrick Mason is unloading on Crowder right now.

18. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    He threads the needle on the intermediate passing game and is actually quite good at passing deep (if he had any opportunity or a receiver who could gain a step). He's got decent accuracy, knock on wood he's tough, he doesn't get rattled easily. For the most part he makes good decisions. However when his team can't produce he pushes it an poor way that causes turnovers.

Let him fire away from the start, use deeper patterns and let's see what happens.

19. cdnfinfan

cdnfinfan New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    I wish ppl like you would move on to a different team

your persistent whining and bytchin about Henne is sickening

it would be different if you used ANY logic in your posts but you don't
    you lack logic and fail to look at the many variables that make a team successful and just talk complete nonsense about a young player that is still learning and developing AROUND other young players that are developing and learning at the same time

with sub par coaching and playcalling on top of all that

hate henne, go ahead. but go watch another team

go follow any other team right now for a few weeks and you will be whining and complaining about the same things those qb's are doing

no team is undefeated right now
    and NO qb has ZERO INT's right now

in fact (going in to this week)
    Eli Manning
    Brees
    Mcnabb
    Rodgers
    Rivers
    Romo
    Bradford
    Garrard
    Favre
    etc.... I could go on

ALL HAD MORE INT's than Henne!!!

All of them
    and had a better completiong percentage than most of them

I don't get you guys

take your whining and bytching to another fanbase and lets create some more positivity for our young guys

this misplaced bytchfest is extremely annoying to see every week

ToddsPhins and SICK like this.
  20. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    To Pennington? **** that.

21. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    BS. Our offense, it's play calling, and it's personnel that are geared to be ball controlled all the way is what's holding the offense back.

22. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    If Penny is 100%, absolutely, with thiggy it is 50/50, I doubt he could do worse.

Enough with the Henne fish.:pity:

23. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    I gotta say, this is really asinine to put the blame on Henne for this game. He didn't make any horrible plays today. Really, to complain about one throw in the endzone, when nobody knows where Fasano was supposed to be on the route? For all you know Fasano cut it short. He couldn't throw it right at him as it would have easily been batted down. To say Pennington could have made that pass guaranteed is speculative and flat out bull****. Pennington would have gotten hurt in the 2nd qtr IMO

The Hartline Int? Do I really have to defend Henne on that one?

To me the one real bad pass all day long was the 3rd int, and really it's not a big deal since the game was over and the defense knew we were throwing. Easy for the CBs to jump routes in that situation.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  24. Jaj

Jaj Registered

Mar 23, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Penny may get you that TD to Fasano but he certainly doesn't throw that strike to Marshall over Ray Lewis. By the way Jake Long finally finally won his match-up against Suggs.

25. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    This coming from the same poster who told us Pat White was the future? That Rolly Lumbala would make the roster as a TE? That Dmitri Tsoumpas was a solid G prospect? That Ryan Grice-Mullen and Tristan Davis would set the world on fire with their return skills.

Sorry, I'm inclined not to trust your player evaluating skills...

I'm mean, it's borderline ridiculous to think Pennington would be a better option at this point. Hell, to play devil's advocate, even if he were to come in and do well, you've still got to re-sign him, and he's what, 34-35 next year. Brilliant move for a youthful franchise. What's the best result, getting pounded in the wild-card round?

Firesole and ToddsPhins like this.
  26. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    So far, Henne's career mirrors Brees's career. Brees struggled early in his career, too. Even got benched his third season.

27. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    :sidelol:

BOOHYAH!!! :knucks:

28. RoninFin4

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I hate to take the argument that route, but almost what it seems to me...some people are just out to see Henne benched. Seriously, look at the system he has to work with!!!

I just don't get it with some posters, not just padre. Putting in Pennington at this juncture is a backwards, backwards move.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  29. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    PADRE,

I'd love for you to tell me that this wasn't a entire team loss!!!

Please tell me that this wasn't sloppy football in general by our part.

And please tell me we weren't out-coached today.

So what you're saying is that we should scrap most of our entire team b/c of how poorly they played as a whole today? :glare:

30. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    TP, what I will tell you is how to fix it, this game is ovah, what matters is the next one.

Bench Chad Henne, Start Chad Pennington he has only rarely thrown 3 interceptions in a game, Henne has made it a talent.

31. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Fool yourself if you choose to, and hold the "Gurus" to the same standard you hold me, either way, Henne threw 3 interceptions.

You can attack me, you cannot erase that in so doing.

32. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Do you still believe Chad Henne can be a good QB down the road?

33. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    No you don't, seeing as you never bother to look at bottom of the roster guys, and watch whatever film there is of them, which means, you never bother to take a chance, it is the easiest lever for the monkey to pull.

I'll miss you Ronin4, this is not the first time.

34. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Absolutely, and if he is not benched v the titans, I can get why he wouldn't be, however if Sparano wants to win this year, Henne has to sit sooner or later.

He is not a leader of men.

35. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Is that all you have TP?

You do realize you are celebrating a 1 TD 3 interception -0- TD performance?

booyah?

Seriously?

36. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Yup. I love how Henne is made the scapegoat when virtually our entire team outside of a few players had a sloppy game..... and it's a laugh when our QB is the reason our Special Teams was horrid for a while and costing us games in the process.

My gosh.... we chose to go the "youth" route and building for the future instead of nabbing tons of vets and playing for the temporary present. We're not a veteran team so I have no clue how we're expected to play like one.

My only gripe is the mistake this regime made by building our offense around conservatism with an entirely "possession" type unit.

37. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    I can see where your coming from then. Brees was benched in his career. Same with Vince. My only problem is I don't think Pennington can lead this team any better than Henne. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try, though.

38. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Brees was a totally different style of Qb, he really kinda sucked in SD they drafted Rivers, he held out, Brees had a monster season in SD while rivers rode the bench.

Brees was highly accurate, Henne is streaky.

39. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Quick, how many two int games has henne had in the last 21 starts?

5? 6?

Is that a "booyah" moment?

40. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Different style, but the point remains. He struggled early on in his career. He couldn't even beat out Doug Flutie. But, in his 4th season he exploded.