1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***Official Gameday Thread Phins and Panthers****

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dirtylandry, Nov 13, 2017.

1. CanGasePlaybook

CanGasePlaybook Active Member

Oct 27, 2017
    Taxes dude is blocked. Seriously, if you don’t think Thomas was a mistake, please stop commenting.

bigballa2102 likes this.
  2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    So the fact that they acquired players(at positions the roster is essentially bare at) that the coach has prior experience with, when you have no other real options is proof to you that he has say over personnel? OK... whatever you say man. It's more like... the only option you have at that point, and so you just roll with a guy that you know over a street free agent who's not good enough to make a roster.

I think you're forgetting the lack of talent this team faced prior to (and during) last year's run to the playoffs. I mean, seriously, what the hell do you expect? This roster is a mess. We had no TE. We had no money to sign a REAL TE. No luxury of drafting one either really. Nobody on the roster in development. So what do you do? You sign Fasano to help as the blocking TE, and acquire Thomas because you had success with him previously in a passing role. You do both of those things, because in the real world of this league, you have no other option when you look at the facts of it.

The same goes for Cutler. Again, not an advocate for the signing, but what do you want to do? With a team that made the playoffs the year before, your starting QB goes down, so what do you do? Just... fold? Pack it in? Tank it? In traning camp? No. You can't. If you were 1-15 last year, sure, you can. But when you make the playoffs, and bring back most of that roster, expecting to improve (because, what team doesn't year over year?) you're damn right you go out and sign a guy you've got experience with and hope he can help you, especially when you aren't sold on your backup in Moore. So again, the logic is there.

Has it worked? Nope. Not at all. At least they tried. You can't just pack it in in the face of adversity. That's what you preach to your team. over come it. Do what you can. They did just that.

I get it man, it's frustrating. Rant on, but.. at least have a valid point. You're not making a valid point. The FO had to do something after Tannehill went down. So what do they do? Of course they go to the coach and say hey... what do you think? With no TE on the roster as a receiving option, of course you ask the coach agian. I mean, I'm sure they do in every personnel decision. Ultimately though, that final say lies with the GM at this point. Again, unless something has changed in Gase's contract. That's dealing in FACT. The rest is purely your opinion. He does NOT have the final say. He has input, just like every other HC. That's just common sense though.

Puka-head, bigballa2102 and Dorfdad like this.
  3. jdallen1222

jdallen1222 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Plantation, Fl

I think Tannenbaum has inserted himself as the VP of football operations, or at least Ross put him there. He outranks Grier and Gase, I believe he has final say on all personnel decisions, including the coaches.

4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    That would "make sense" based on the structure. Yes. :lol:

But, come on, don't ruin it for everyone. :lol:

5. Alan in England

Alan in England Active Member

Oct 31, 2017
    I am confident in my previous prediction that we will finish 4-12

6. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    that puts as around the #5 pick - Clev, Indy, Giants and SF all worse right now. some teams have less losses but should win more games than us, like Denver and Cincy . But SF is fighting hard. as for a qb, I see two teams ahead of us, Clev and NYG, but idk if Luck comes back.

7. CanGasePlaybook

Oct 27, 2017
    I think that we will get lucky with either Tampa or Denver. I had figured 5-11 at the beginning of the year. But if we do get a top 5 pick, maybe trade down to acquire more picks. Too bad we won’t get that 1st pick. Cleveland would sell their future for it.

8. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    I just don't know how we can win any games now that the defense is no longer a top 10. we hung in there with a bad offense thanks to a good defense. They cannot drum up any pass rush whatsoever.

bigballa2102 likes this.
  9. bigballa2102

bigballa2102 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    then hes doing lines of white lightening too, he's a MORON!!!!

10. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    that's on burke every team literally knows exactly what do to double suh and chip wake = success only way to combat that is send LBS to help out with blitz and what the F is with his love to blitz jones its crazy and stupid when you send a safety or end that opens up the swing pass to the RB which is learned in 8th grade, and alanzo cant cover so why is he being left on an island with mcaffrey who all night put him on skates on ice.

11. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Exactly, they should be blitzing Alonso every play and leaving Jones in coverage. Alonso can't cover worth a crap but he is a decent Blitzer.

bigballa2102 and CanGasePlaybook like this.
  12. CanGasePlaybook

Oct 27, 2017
    Definitely! Kiko isn’t smart enough to do anything else. They meed to blitz him on every play. Hell, Wake would be more effective than Kiko in coverage.

13. bigballa2102

Oct 22, 2013
    So CAL
    I mean not every damn play but seriously why is jones getting blitzes its annoying me

14. Big Phin

Big Phin Active Member

Dec 29, 2011
    I was at the game the other night. When the opposing fan base actually feels sorry for you and tries to compliment your crappy team's performance, you know it's bad.

bigballa2102 likes this.