*Official Hip Hop Thread*

1209 replies

anlgpanlgpNew Member
Oct 11, 2008, 11:27 PM

mf doom, aesop rock, i don't know if you could count him but RJD2. that's it for me.

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Oct 12, 2008, 12:04 AM

"Silverphin wrote:

Autotune? Is that the program that makes people do a T-Pain impression?

Unfortunately, yes.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Oct 12, 2008, 10:25 PM

"slickj101 wrote:

Unfortunately, yes.

I see.

finsgirliefinsgirlieLuxury Box
Oct 12, 2008, 10:30 PM

speaking of t-pain....as much of a joke as he is....love the new song "im a freak"

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Oct 12, 2008, 10:31 PM

"anlgp wrote:

mf doom, aesop rock, i don't know if you could count him but RJD2. that's it for me.

mfdoom is koo.
not a fan of aesop.
rjd2 never heard.

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Oct 12, 2008, 10:40 PM

"unluckyluciano wrote:

mfdoom is koo.
not a fan of aesop.
rjd2 never heard.

Damn, how can you not be a fan of Aesop Rock? One of the best lyricists ever.

RJD2 is an acclaimed underground producer. Probably one of the best in hip hop. His first album is a classic.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Oct 12, 2008, 10:41 PM

"Cool Calm Mike wrote:

RJD2 is an acclaimed underground producer. Probably one of the best in hip hop. His first album is a classic.

dj dangermouse >>>>>> then all. :tongue2:

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Oct 12, 2008, 11:03 PM

I'd take RJD2, El-P, Ant, MF DOOM, Madlib, Necro over Danger Mouse any day.

Although, I do like the DangerDoom album a lot.

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Oct 12, 2008, 11:04 PM

Put Dan the Automator in there too.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Oct 12, 2008, 11:07 PM

the grey album and the beats he has done with gnarls barkley are off the chain stupid.

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Oct 12, 2008, 11:40 PM

Gnarls Barkley is too "poppy" for me.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
Oct 12, 2008, 11:41 PM

"Cool Calm Mike wrote:

Gnarls Barkley is too "poppy" for me.

the beats are sick and creative even if they aren't dark enough for you, or you just like that stoner music I bet haha.

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew Member
Oct 13, 2008, 12:56 AM

"Silverphin wrote:

Autotune? Is that the program that makes people do a T-Pain impression?

T-Pain stole it, too. Zapp & Roger = originators. (Roger Troutman used it in every song.)

YouTube - Zapp & Roger - Computer Love

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew Member
Oct 13, 2008, 01:00 AM

"King Felix wrote:

halfway house in hopefully coming soon..padded room in feb??

Yeah, Halfway House is independent I believe, so we'll definitely see that. We can never depend on a true released date for Padded Room, though. We all know about Joe's everlasting label situation. :lol:

Hopefully we get Mood Muzik 4 soon, too. Buddens is that dude.

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?

King FelixKing FelixSupporter
Oct 15, 2008, 04:58 PM

so 2 nights ago(i think) slaughter house leaked the first single on halfway house...its pretty good but im waiting for some vintage dark joey...its 7 min long and features joell ortiz, crooked i, royce da 5'9"(funny they are beefing sorta too), nino bless and joey...

ortiz killed it with this line
"yall be makin’ up stories that them little kids be buyin
I do everything my Penn State like a Nittany lion"
:escape::escape:

Joe Budden ft Joell Ortiz_ Nino Bless_ Crooked I_ Royce da 5_9__ - Slaughterhouse _Prod. by Scram Jones_.mp3

King FelixKing FelixSupporter
Oct 15, 2008, 05:05 PM

"High Definition wrote:

Yeah, Halfway House is independent I believe, so we'll definitely see that. We can never depend on a true released date for Padded Room, though. We all know about Joe's everlasting label situation. :lol:

Hopefully we get Mood Muzik 4 soon, too. Buddens is that dude.

you see fab got pushed back to feb 09??:no:

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Oct 16, 2008, 12:51 PM

New Eminem:

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

He said it's a freestyle. If thats true then damn. The beat is crazy.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

ALalen1New Member
Oct 16, 2008, 03:44 PM

"slickj101 wrote:

New Eminem:

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

He said it's a freestyle. If thats true then damn. The beat is crazy.

Doesn't sound a lot like Eminem but that's a nice beat. Sounds like a freestyle to me. Its pretty good. I want to hear his album but God knows when that will come out.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Oct 16, 2008, 03:59 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Doesn't sound a lot like Eminem but that's a nice beat. Sounds like a freestyle to me. Its pretty good. I want to hear his album but God knows when that will come out.

After 50's, before Dre's. I think the only reason to believe that is bc they wana keep that hierarchy order and drop their albums within a reasonable amount of time between each other.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

King FelixKing FelixSupporter
Oct 21, 2008, 07:28 PM

7 days till halfway house

King FelixKing FelixSupporter
Oct 27, 2008, 02:33 PM

Track List:
01. Joe Budden - Intro
02. Joe Budden - On My Grind
03. Joe Budden - Overkill
04. Joe Budden - Check me out
05. Joe Budden - Sidetracked Ft. Heartbreak
06. Joe Budden - Slaughterhouse
07. Joe Budden - Under The Sun
08. Joe Budden - The Soul
09. Joe Budden - Anything Goes
10. Joe Budden - Go To Hell
11. Joe Budden - Just To Be Different
12. Joe Budden - Touch & Go

i heard it leaked i cant wait to download this ish

edit:heres the link supposbly Joe Budden - Halfway House(MP3 Format).rar

ALalen1New Member
Oct 30, 2008, 04:34 PM

Nasty.

"Never in a 100 years I thought i'd be a rapper but in less than 100 bars, I knew I'd be a factor."

YouTube - Joe Budden - Slaughter House

King FelixKing FelixSupporter
Nov 2, 2008, 05:07 AM

lupEND is gonna have 3 discs. daaaaaaamn

i think him and joe budden are the best rappers right now. it sucks he is gonna retire after this album though. hopefully he doesnt ruin his legacy by doing a 3 disc album

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Nov 2, 2008, 11:15 AM

"King Felix wrote:

lupEND is gonna have 3 discs. daaaaaaamn

i think him and joe budden are the best rappers right now. it sucks he is gonna retire after this album though. hopefully he doesnt ruin his legacy by doing a 3 disc album

That is stupid. Don't do it, man.

ALalen1New Member
Nov 2, 2008, 11:44 PM

This is what he said in Feb.

"I don't know," he says. "I'm about 85% certain that LupEND will be my last record, and what's stopping me is these ideas from Streets On Fire.

"See, that could be a concept record before LupEND. But I've said for so long my third record would be my last. Hey, maybe I could do a double album!"

From defsounds.com

Also from defsounds,

Fans hoping for another collaboration between Lil Wayne and Jay-Z on the highly anticipated Blueprint 3 LP are due for some disappointment.
According to Lil Wayne, he had no idea Blueprint 3 was even in the works.

"I didn't even know it was a Blueprint 3," Wayne tells MTV. "That's because I be working so hard. If you wanna call me or tell me anything, you gotta come to that studio."

Wayne says he didn't get a call from Jay to jump on the album so it doesn't look like fans will receive a trifecta of collabos from the two after Hello Brooklyn and Mr. Carter.

and this on Jim Jones album as well as talkin about Stack....

n a recent interview, Harlem NY representative, Jim Jones, spoke about his upcoming album, Pray For Reign, which is scheduled to be released January 20th of next year. This will be the Dipset capo's first release since his solo deal with Colombia Records. Among the collaborations on it, Jones teams up with fellow Harlem rep Ryan Leslie who lends his vocals on the track "Precious".
"He's a beast," Jones said of Leslie. "I keep telling people he remind me of Prince. He's a talented, talented individual. He's got his own style to him."

Also on the album will be a track featuring Ludacris that seemed to happen by accident. "Oh that was a funny one," Jones said. "I'm in the studio recording a song and Luda happens to get off on the wrong floor inside of Quad . He comes in like, 'Yo whose beat is this?'"

Ludacris liked it so much that he decided he had to drop something on it. "How could you tell somebody who sold so many records what he can't get on? So I just let him go in the booth and he went stupid in there....That was historic in its own right. That was gift," Jones exclaimed.

In addition, the late Stack Bundles will be on the album to which Jones commented, " a very dear friend of mine, more like a brother from another mother...More talented than most people that I've ever met in my life. Brilliant, handsome, charming, hustler, stood on his own two. He reminded me a lot of myself when I was coming up."

http://www.defsounds.com/news/Jim_jones_talks_luda_collab_mos_def_preps_new_album