1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official "I Like To Read Books" thread.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Alex44, May 17, 2012.

1. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Well I remember there used to be a thread about books a long while back, I can't locate it and search function didn't reveal any other threads nor did the first three pages of the lounge. So guys....

1) What are you currently reading?
    2) What are your favorite books?
    3) Who are your favorite authors?
    4) Favorite genre?
    5) Release you are looking forward to?

Personally I will take a good book over a movie any day. I just finished "The End Of Eternity" by Isaac Asimov and have to say it was a great book. I'm a sci-fi reader mostly. My favorite authors are Frank Herbert, Isaac Asimov, Michael Crichton, Richard Matheson, and Koji Suzuki just to name a few. My favorite book series would be the Dune series by Frank Herbert, favorite book of the series is "God Emperor Of Dune". I also loved the Enders Game series even though the author Orson Scott Card is a grade A tool.

Anyway I know some of you out there HAVE to read, so fire away.

2. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    1) What are you currently reading? I just finished reading 'No Country For Old Men' by Cormac McCarthy

2) What are your favorite books? 'Nam' by Mark Baker, 'Different Seasons' by Stephen King (it includes the novella, 'Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption), 'The Bounty:The True Story of the Mutiny on the Bounty' by Caroline Alexander, 'Hammer of the Gods' by Stephen Davis, to name a few.

3) Who are your favorite authors? Clive Barker, Stephen King, James W. Loewen

4) Favorite genre? I've been into history a lot the past couple years so I've been reading a lot of non-fiction history of all kinds. I also read a lot of musician autobiographies/biographies.

5) Release you are looking forward to? Haven't kept up with any new books coming out recently.

Alex44 likes this.
  3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    Besides reading H Potter to my kid, I haven't read a book for myself in 9 years. Pathetic, but hoping to get back to reading next year

4. Bruzer

Bruzer New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Idaho
    I am currently reading Song of Fire and Ice series, I don't read a book very often but this series has me hooked

5. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    Dean Koontz "Watchers" ... back in 1991 :)

6. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Green Eggs and... wont ruin the rest of the plot.

Anonymous, CashInFist and Alex44 like this.
  7. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    The real question is whether or not he will eat them....don't spoil it.

8. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    I'm assuming he likes them. DON'T RUIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!