1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***Official Jets at Dolphins Game Thread***

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sethdaddy8, Sep 25, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Ehh, I always favored the "Anaconda" offense, grab the neck, squeeze, hang on for dear life..:D

I think I told a forumite to go **** themselves last yr after the Texans game...

But it's all a bit hazy at this point..:D

Ozzy likes this.
  2. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    You are a better man than I Ozzy. I tell em i dont wanna fight then when they go to shake my hand i punch em in the head . **** happens

Ozzy likes this.
  3. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Wow! I was coming out of a Dolphins game a couple years ago and three dudes were walking towards me, down a 10 feet wide sidewalk. One of them starts edging over and jabs me with his elbow as he goes by. I said wtf, and all three surround me. I was like come on guys, and these dudes were probably 21, but I said come on I don't want to fight. So the dude comes to shake my hand and I see he is thinking about hitting me. Being left handed, I smiled when he reached out with his right. He goes to hit me and I yank his arm to me and stomp on the top of his foot then elbowed him in the chin. So its now two on one, and even though I beat their young asses, I had to go to the hospital because as I was on top of the next guy, his friend kicked me in the kidney about 4-5 times. Then it was one on one, and I said, I told you I did not want to fight. Would you like to quit now because you're next.

SICK, SeanP, CaribPhin and 4 others like this.
  4. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Too nice, more than 1 on 1, I go straight up Ricky Falir...

Forearm to the crotch, drop'em on their head, who is next?:lol:

Waaay to much brawling as a youth...targeted for a gang initiation.."beat the heck out of this guy and you are in the gang.."

Lord as my witness, I felt one dude's nose collapse I hit him so hard.:up:

6'0 250ish, look about 200 pds, dude just dropped grabbing his face, other dude reached under his shirt like he had a gun, pinned his hand at his waist, picked him up and body slammed him and it took #3 thug to punch me in the head to get me off the guy, so I dropped to one knee and punched his *** right in the nuts then slammed his *** head first into the pavement and did a Usain Bolt impersonation GTH out of there

adamprez2003 and siciliansith like this.
  5. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    Ok thats just wrong I dont start fights. but if a *** did that to me id play nice shake there hand then kill em lol

Edit you know there names i will take care of it as a friend

Ozzy likes this.
  6. Ozzy

I am a skinny *** mofo. Barely weight 180 pounds and thats heavy to me. I learned to REALLY fight when I was locked up for 3 yrs. Back then being white and in jail you had best be able to fight. My first week saw a dude built like a damned silver back gorilla come up and say man, you got let in line ahead of me and you got my pecan pie!!! I said ok cool. I tell you what, you can have the whole tray im not hungry anymore. The second I blurted out anymore I hit him with all I had with the tray right in his forehead. He needed about 15 staples and not 5 minutes later, I was in need of the clinic myself. Although the houseman respected what I did, he could not let a white dude get away with that in his cell. So they jumped me and knocked the snot out of me. I saw Gorilla dude about a month later and well lets just say, he looked like he wanted to get at me but was kinda glad he could not.

siciliansith and padre31 like this.
  7. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Oz, if you can play defense at all, could you PLEASE walk on for the Phins next week? We need a guy like you. Tough and badass.

Ozzy likes this.
  8. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well as long as we are swapping old school stories:

See, I learned about Gangs that night, I ran about 200 yds to my Bro's apartment..and they had piled back into the car and pulled up out front..

Me, being young and dumb, found Mr Model 500 shotgun, 8 shots doulbe ought bug staggered with slugs, and I came outside fully intending to do some work..raised Mr. 500 much to their surprise..pulled the trigger...but the Safety was engaged they pulled off by the time I disengaged the Safety.

I consider it the Grace of God alone I did not kill anyone that night.

Stark thing to type, Lord as my witness, it is the Truth.

As a consequence I no longer go downtown and am more than content with banging away on the Best Damn Dolphins Forum in existence.:hi5:

Ozzy likes this.
  9. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Damn Oz, I didn't know you were in jail. Crazy stories man. Same to you Pad.

Ozzy and padre31 like this.
  10. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Waay OT RR, but that is what bothers me about Urban Musak, it is a big *** deal to go through that, they make it seem glamourous.

I puked my guts out afterwards just from adrenaline and yet one listens to that stuff and it those "artists" make it seem as normal as ordering a pizza.

:pity::pity::pity:

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  11. Ozzy

You got me there bro. I'm skurred **** less of guns.

12. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    i need a marshall jersey

13. Ozzy

Played Cb and some Wr in my time but my age tells me I should not touch a football for the rest of my life...

I'd be out there and in the process of getting beat, I'd probably clothesline someone :lol:

Muck will tell you. We've hung out a couple times. I'm not very intimidating. lol

14. Ozzy

Being locked up is the reason I've been clean and sober for over 20 yrs. Not a sip, not a toke, snort.....notta. Just boring me now and happy.

It sucked being behind bars but truth be told, it is the best thing to ever happen to me. Go figure.

padre31, unluckyluciano, SICK and 2 others like this.
  15. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

When did this forum become an MSNBC special? :lol:

16. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    When dolfans go bad, on the next 60 minutes.

tick tick tick tick

17. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I'm dealing with a couple Jets fans that are trying to rub it in. I'm trying real hard not to lose my cool. God....I hate these people.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  18. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Now I'm definitely going to the game in December up here. I have to be there when we get payback.

19. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I know this is probably still hangover from last night but I can't figure out how we're going to beat them up in NY in December with Santonio Holmes and Revis probably playing when we couldn't do it last night. But a lot can change in that amount of time. Let's hope the offense builds on yesterday and the defense gets a clue and goes back to week one and two form. If there's one small consolation it's that the Jets top notch D was also abused most of the night.

20. Phinatic425

Phinatic425 MIA State of Mind

Feb 19, 2010
    Upper Left Corner
    Well that 3rd down curl to Braylon Edwards in the last Jets drive would have been a good reason to motivate them.

But yeah our D played like ****.

21. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Personally I feel like the refs stole this game from us. I wonder if we'll get better officiating in New Jersey.

:pity:

22. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Really were going to blame the refs?

:pity:

23. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Stop it, seriously stop it.

24. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    This is the one penalty that I think they missed, but I wouldn't blame the loss on it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjGMX8hOhtQ"]YouTube - Ronnie Brown meets David Harris[/ame]

25. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Jesus, dude.

Ozzy likes this.
  26. goodfellaz

goodfellaz New Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Says the man with the other "criminal" as his avatar.

27. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Watched the replay last night on NFLN. I can't believe how many missed opportunities, especially in the second half. Dropped interceptions, missed tackles, penalties, questionable play calling. All these things and we still had the ball first and ten on the Jests ten yard line with 54 seconds left. My point is this...well three points really...1) Our boys fought their a**es off to stay in this game. There ain't no quit in this team. 2) If just one of those breaks goes our way, we're probably driving for the go ahead FG at the end of the game. And 3) If you give me the ball at my opponent's 10 yard line, with 54 seconds and 2 TO's left, I'll guarantee you I call four better plays. Henning has got to go.

/end rant. Time to focus on the Patsies.

28. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    what plays would you have called

29. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    Good question Adam.

Well, for one thing, with 54 seconds and 2 TO's left, I believe there was plenty of time left. Hell, that was an eternity for Marino. So, I probably would've run on 1st down. In doing so, I would've probably gone with a 2 TE set and a FB as the lead blocker. The Jests would've known it was a run based on the personnel, but who cares. Let the big boys in the trenches play smash mouth football with the game on the line. Assuming that gained 3-4 yards (and the use of my 1st TO), my second down would've probably been another running play (or maybe a Wildcat play). If Ronnie finds a seem, he scores (just like last year). Otherwise, assume another nominal gain of 3-4 yards and use of our last TO. Assuming 3rd and short (2-3 yards) and 35-40 seconds left, it's gut check time. Do you run another running play? Or...play action? I would probably call play action, roll Henne out to his right with BMarsh running to the back of the endzone. Henne either runs it in, throws it where only Marshall can get it, or throws it away for one last shot. If we don't score on third down (and I believe we would've), then it's forth and goal at about the Jests three with about 25-30 seconds left. In that situation, you could call any one of a number of plays. The fade in the corner of the endzone makes a lot more sense here. So does another play action. But, I would've probably gone with another running play, or Wildcat again.

I know the Jests had some success stopping the Wildcat, but it was late in the game and they we're gassed. By pounding on them, I think we would've softened them up a bit. Case in point, during the replay I heard Marshall talk about how he was disappointed he didn't score on the play that got us down to the ten yard line. Said his legs were gone. He was tired too. On the first play with the fade, I think Henne expected him to be a little deeper in the endzone, but he was too tired. Dunno. Just really, really didn't like the calls. But, WTF do I know?

30. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    thanks for answering. with the first two teams we played, minnesota and buffalo i might have done the same but in this game i think running would have been a disaster. pouha and company were crashing the running lanes and in a pure run formation i dont think we're gaining three yards a play. hate to say it but i think they took away our identity and forced us to our weakness. However, the rollout pass play you mentioned on third down is the one play that I wish Henning had dialed up at least once. With an aggressive defense like the Jets, and if we had run it out of a run formation like you described on first or second, i think we might have had a chance. that's my only gripe, that we never rolled henne out to attack one side, preferably with wilson as the victim (not sure if he was in at the end). rewatching the game i think run plays had no chance. i know its our identity but with mcquistan or proctor it just wasnt working that night. i think passing was the right choice based on what was happening on the field throughout the game

The G Man likes this.
  31. The G Man

Mar 18, 2009
    You may be right Adam. Fact is we had little success running the ball all night. Although, just two plays earlier Ronnie gained 17 yards on a rushing play (can't remember if it was out of the Wildcat or standard formation though). And, after a chunk yardage play (Henne to Marshall for 30 yards), and with the time and TO's, I woulda had to try at least one running play. And, I would've definitely run on first down. If for no other reason that to set up play action on second and third down.

Unfortunately, we'll never know. But, and this is really my bigger point...I think Henning gets too cute when we get into the redzone (especially inside the ten). Remember Ricky's ill fated pass against Buffalo last year? And, with a team that is as physical as ours is, why do we have get cute? Ground and pound baby, ground and pound.

JMHO...

adamprez2003 likes this.
  32. adamprez2003

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    if you're talking about the first play of the last drive, that was possibly the most brilliant call of the night. the jets dropped back to defend the pass and we run it right off the right side for 15 yds, immediately near midfield on one play. but that was due to them thinking we were going to pass. anytime the defense knew or guessed we were going to run we got stuffed. just that type of night. that's what happens when you play a top notch defense. you gotta trick em. we werent winning the mano y mano battles. maybe if jerry was playing we might have had more success running