1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Liverpool FC Thread @ The Phins

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Paul 13, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007

finattic79 likes this.
  2. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    one of my favorites

Da 'Fins and finattic79 like this.
  3. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    This one too...

finattic79 likes this.
  4. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007

finattic79 likes this.
  5. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    and the capper...

finattic79 likes this.
  6. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007

7. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Total Joy!

Really makes up for losing the EPL - but even that season was so great that the CL title actually makes the fight the team made the last 10 games or so in the EPL a pretty sweet season.

I mean, which year would you rather have, Man City or Liverpool? I'll take Liverpool any day because it was just a more exciting team to watch, imo. Loved this crazy parade.

I teared up again watching the photos and videos of the parade.

finattic79 and Paul 13 like this.
  8. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007

finattic79 and Da 'Fins like this.
  9. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007

10. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    From Paris down to Turkey (and over to Madrid)...

11. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    This is just the start... greatness is not measured on one season, it's measured over time. We can't continue at this level without adding depth IMO. We were somewhat fortunate with injuries this year. And then the Barcelona game saw both Firmino and Salah out and we ended up doing that. My fear is that the brass see that as proof that we already have the depth. That night was magic. That is not a normal occurrence. That is not something you can expect over the course of time.

Leaving, Sturridge and Moreno. Maybe leaving? Mignolet... Lallana? Not big losses but certainly depth losses. I said it last offseason and I'll repeat it, we need another pacey player to backup Mane/Salah. We need a Firmino clone. We need another left back for depth. We could use another young centre back. We need a backup GK (Bogdan is out too... :shifty:). I'm probably okay with the midfielders because you have some young depth there ready perhaps in Woodburn and Jones (I suppose Ben is more of a forward). Want to see Rhiann Brewster in the summer too. Need to see it and then determine his path for 2019/2020. A decent player from what I've seen in his England national stints. Can he take that next step now that he's back healthy? And does Divock stay? Hope so!

EDIT... it's hard to add quality experienced depth because top players don't want to come here to be a backup. Should not go unmentioned.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  12. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Beautiful moment. Not just an ordinary hug. You can really see the love there. Blessings to you Paul!

And thanks for sharing all the other videos on the songs. So great.

Paul 13 likes this.
  13. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    We have come a long way in four years hah!

finattic79 likes this.
  14. finattic79

finattic79 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 19, 2007
    Juneau, Alaska
    Absolutely Divock stays, they are already working on a contract extension. I agree with ya that we mainly need a LB and quality backup for Mane/Salah. I honestly don't think there is anyone right now that can play Firmino's role in football that wouldn't cost us an arm and leg. Outside of LB, the backline is in solid position I think and doesn't need anymore backups. I pray they don't sell Lovern until we are sure Gomez can stay healthy for a full season (I know the leg break was a freak accident). Same with our midfielders, Lallana is working hard to work his way back into the starting 11, he cut short holiday to start training again. Most of the guys have been playing football for nearly 12 months so the youngsters should see some quality time during the preseason matches. I'm really interested to see what Wilson does after a successful loan with Derby this past season. Don't forget that Markovic had a hell of a season with Hertha to. I think Woodburn will prolly go out on loan after being recalled early in Jan this year.

PS- I miss not having football to love forward to each week lol..... already getting the withdrawls. At least I got the Women's World Cup to watch.

Paul 13 likes this.
  15. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Fixtures for 2019-20 are out! Woohoo!

Hard to believe they are starting friendlies July 11. Man. That's not much time off after the June 1 CL win. I'd rest the top 11-15 those early games. Maybe give them an extra week or so off?

Also, I used to go to BBC Sports for club info (and still do for articles and reports) but hate the way they show fixtures and results. I like this system much better (though I'm not a fan in general of ESPN's PL coverage).

https://www.espn.com/soccer/team/fixtures/_/id/364?src=com

finattic79 and Paul 13 like this.
  16. finattic79

Dec 19, 2007
    Juneau, Alaska
    Da 'Fins likes this.
  17. finattic79

Dec 19, 2007
    Juneau, Alaska
    Another great couple of vids from the club

Da 'Fins likes this.
  18. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    So I checked on this whole Coutinho back to LFC thing... an "inside source" and he said he doubts that it happens. It's been sprinkled around in the media. I don't think it'll happen either. To me it just seems like a step back and at the time that he went to Barca I would have never thought I'd not want him coming back again. And that really speaks to the brilliant job that Klopp has done. BTW, can anyone here play keeper? I hear LFC is looking for one to fill out the roster for the time being while Alisson is on leave (:lol:).

Da 'Fins and finattic79 like this.
  19. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Unfortunate that Alisson went down. Hopefully it won't be too long! That would be a terrible start to the year.

But, otherwise, you couldn't script a better opening (aside from the Norwich own goal) - with goals, in order, by Salah, Van Dyke, and Origi. If Firminho and Mane would have scored on those several chances in the 2nd half it would have been total perfection!

Love this team and love the Premier league so much.

Btw, you guys should check out this episode on the new Football series on Amazon. The first one is all about Rwanda and Liverpool. It's phenomenal stuff and traces the Rwandan genocide and the attempt to bring healing to the country with a great deal about how football has helped to bring that healing. Very moving hour.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07TCRJZ6V/ref=atv_hm_hom_1_c_iEgOEZ_2_1

finattic79 likes this.
  20. finattic79

Dec 19, 2007
    Juneau, Alaska
    Yea the Ali injury is worrying, since it can be anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months. Adrian look good on the distribution though. Klopp mentioned in the post game interview that it was the calf, so hopefully we'll get some good news. Kinda sucks we just let Migs go, but can't predict this type of injury. I was slightly worried about the backline the first 20-30 minutes and then for the goal.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  21. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I was really worried that it's an Achilles. He talked about how thought someone kicked him from behind as he went to kick the ball. That is similar to what Marino said when he ruptured his. So 4 to 8 weeks apparently. Hoping it's closer to 4. Injuries happen. It's better to have it now then in say December/January when there's a high concentration of games. If he can make it back for the 9/22 @ Chelsea match, he'd only be missing 4 PL games. And that's what 6 weeks? I'll take that.

As for the game itself, it was certainly a convincing performance. The hangover of last season is not lingering. The back line did have a poor start comparatively speaking. I think back lines are like offensive lines in american football. They take a little time to jell at full speed. There's no question Joe Gomez is going to be an improvement over Matip, let's just hope he can stay healthy this year. The energy level was good for the whole game. Even the second half was solid considering the game was well decided at half time.

I know I'll be spending more time watching and caring about LFC than our Dolphins this season. I'll still watch Miami games, and I'll probably get DTV again, but i'm really just not excited about the season. For LFC, I think it'll come down to staying healthy and then hopefully challenging Man City again for all the hardware. The league is the main goal. But I'd like to see us do some damage in the Domestic Cups as well. That's going to depend on our depth, which should be better than last season with all these guys coming back (ox, Lallana, Gomez etc).

Da 'Fins likes this.
  22. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    BTW, the CL draw is 8/29, with the first set of group stage games being played on 9/17 and 9/18

Da 'Fins likes this.
  23. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I'm hiding in here until 2019 Dolphins season is over. LFC are so good. I mean there couldn't be two more opposites in sports right now other than these two teams. never gonna stop....

Da 'Fins likes this.
  24. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Great start of the season so far!

Gotta love Man City losing to Norwich City - and what a story they are with Pukki! lol. Great to see for that town. But every loss and tie by Man City is huge given how close last year was and how they and LFC are head and shoulders, barring injury #knockonwood, better than any of the other teams in the EPL.

Big start tomorrow in the UCL!

Go Reds!!!

Paul 13 likes this.
  25. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    So Napoli played great and it was a pretty equal game.

Nevertheless, Liverpool got completely jobbed by the officials. Man. That Referee let all sorts of crap go.

But worst of all was the penalty called on Robertson. The Napoli player literally dragged his leg and then jumped into Robertson to make it look like a penalty. He's literally starting his dive before being touched. This video was right on TV.

What on earth is VAR for if they are going to continue to make horrific decisions? That's the very kind of bad decision that VAR should fix!

Paul 13 likes this.
  26. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Tough week. Liverpool really need some depth on defense at Centre back and wing to give some guys rest. Injuries hurt.

I also think they could use another attacking forward for depth (unless they put lallana there). I’d like to see just one of the big 3 play this game today and maybe sub in for him at 60 minutes.

we need all these guys rested and in top health for the Man City game Sunday.

I think the Man city match will be huge. If LFC win it could really propel them. If they lose, Man City will have all the momentum. Not having Matip for that will hurt. Also disappointed that Gomez has taken a step back this year after so much promise last year.

27. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Great win over Man City! That goal by Salah with the two great crosses from Alexander-Arnold and Robertson was so glorious. Raised my arms for about two minutes!

Also, while I do think there was a handball that could have been called on TAA, had he let it go and Man City scored, technically, it would have been disallowed b/c of the handball on the Man City player (Bernardo Silva I think it was?) as the rule, as I've seen it applied, any goal that results even from an inadvertent hand ball in the box by the offense is disallowed. So I don't get why people are making such a big deal about it. In fact, to be consistent with the rule, they should also make a rule that no PK can result if the offense also has a touch in the box.

28. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Poch out at Tottenham and Mourinho in at Tottenham... that's a wow for me (Mourinho). Spurs went all in this season with heavy spending... it didn't pay off though. And this is the result.

29. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Headlines...

Jurgen Klopp has extended his contract thru the 2024 season!! Certainly wonderful news as his contract was otherwise set to expire after the 2022 season. So this allows us to go after players and extend contracts for longer. And of course, Klopp has been nothing short of brilliant for LFC.

LFC have agreed a fee with RB Salzburg M/F Takumi Minamino! for reportedly 7.25m (release clause). A brilliant signing based on only the two games I've ever seen him play, the UCL games vs LFC (particularly the first one at Anfield, he was a real threat). There are plenty of YouTube videos making the rounds, so you're all encouraged to view them. Tremendously quick feet in possession. Really tireless worker. Some are comparing him to Firmino in that he can play that false 9 role.

Well, so much to discuss. In the coming days I want to do kind of a State of the LFC where I go thru and give my thoughts on the roster. I haven't done that in a while. So I'm looking forward to that. With the January transfer window forthcoming, there is talk that we may go after another centre back with all the injuries we've had so far. But what a run we are having this season. In the midst of a record breaking season in the league, we've also managed to progress to the final 8 of the League Cup (with a young inexperienced roster) and the final 16 of the UCL (the match vs RB Salzburg this week was really special in the face of tremendous pressure). Also, the Club World Cup mixed in here in late December. That's a new tourney to me, but I guess we are treating it with utmost respect as the QF of the LC will see a split team (likely the youngsters again), while the CWC sees mostly our regulars.

Going to be a busy December Holiday period of course. Happy Holidays to all :wink2:

Da 'Fins likes this.
  30. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    for those that haven't seen him...

31. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    That’s highway robbery getting Minamino for $7.25 m. he has serious speed. He adds something that has been lacking for Liverpool. That ability to just burn by defenders. He gave us fits in those two games.

I have been reading of LFC interest on both Neymar and Mbappe.

I don’t see how Neymar fits unless you are getting rid of Salah which would be tragic even though Salah has not been sharp this year. But even still, I am not a fan of Neymar. Talented but I don’t see him being good for the club.

Mbappe, on the other hand, is a player I have thought about for over a year. If they could get him that would make them arguably the most talented team in football. And he can play midfield. It would create serious depth on the team but Kopp would have to make constant lineup switches to appease all these players.

Lovren has had a good season but I would like to see us upgrade the FB spot next to Van Dyke. The massive Napoli defender - can’t recall his name - would be awesome but if they make a run in the UCL I doubt we could pry him away. Certainly not something this season. He and Van Dyle are arguably the two best center defenders in all of football.

Paul 13 likes this.
  32. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Happy Holidays!!! Blessings and peace and looking forward to your State of LFC.

Paul 13 likes this.
  33. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Enjoy!

1 GK Alisson - the clear first choice goal keeper... to the tune of Queen's Radio Gaga... all we need is Alison Becker, Alisson Becker, Alisson Becker... That is what Klopp sings supposedly :lol: After the early season injury, it's nice to have the #1 back between the goal posts. Really the additions of Alisson and VVD have put this team over the top. Without them, none of this is possible. The defense is so much more improved and it gives the mids and forwards the confidence to go forward as well as the full backs.
    2 DF Nathaniel Clyne - I thought he was out on loan, obviously his time is limited now.
    3 MF Fabinho - He just seems to be getting better and better. He's got skill too in the final third that we've seen brief glimpses off. I was worried that he might not be smart enough to cover as a holding six. Well maybe that's not the proper choice of words. I still think he's learning that. But his challenge rate is insane, he wins most challenges in the midfield.
    4 DF Virgil van Dijk - the runner up to the Ballon D'or. he should have won it. He's a rolls royce of central defenders. Everything he does looks easy. He makes whoever his central defender partner is that much better. And that's the greatest compliment you can give him. I remember watching him while he was "growing up" with Southampton. And he was just so good already. You hated him because he was always in the right spot. And now you have to love him. He's the best CB in the world. And I'm so glad he's on our team.
    5 MF Georginio Wijnaldum - I saw a stat the other day about him in the midfield. Something about how he has the best butt. Not from a physical standpoint, :lol:, rather he uses his backside as a shield over the ball in walling off the opposition. And it's true. He's amazing at it. Him and Fabinho are tremendous in that role. We need to get them back healthy for the second half of the season.
    6 DF Dejan Lovren - really a benefactor to having VVD next to him. His struggles early on were well documented. I'm glad we appear to be holding on to him for the second half of the season. He's getting back from his injury soon. he seems to know his role as an alternating CB and isn't bothered by it.
    7 MF James Milner - So they've extended Millie thru 2021 season now. And he's the main reason why we haven't added a third full back to the roster. His flexibility gives you that. you know what you are getting in James.
    8 MF Naby KeĂŻta - Wow, the last several games, he's really blossomed into the player we all hoped he would be when he was signed last season. He's a joy to watch when he goes on those central midfield runs. I do worry that the rest of the team gets in a bit of a trance when he does it, sort of how we used to be when we had Coutinho. Everyone just kind of stops and marvels. Maybe it's just me, but they don't seem to do that when Mane, Mo or Firmino do it. Naby seems to be settling in with his defensive responsibilities too. Which was always the concern.
    9 FW Roberto Firmino - If I had written this two weeks ago, I'd be talking about how he's been off his game recently. But a couple of weeks really changes things. Seems to be getting back into form at just the right time. I do wonder if that had a little to do with us bringing in Takumi Minamino. Maybe he felt the pressure already. His song (Si Senor) is better than all the others. So he has a lot to live up to :yes:
    10 FW Sadio Mané - I think Sadio has been the most consistent of the front three this year (and from last year too). Next to VVD, I'd put him as the next most important player on the team. I remember when he burst onto the scene for us, how good he was at just taking over the game. He was a one man show, no doubt. But now, he doesn't need to be all of that. And he understands that. This is where Klopp and his staff have really paid off in getting our best players to play within themselves and be part of the team concept.
    11 FW Mohamed Salah - Like Fimino, he seems to be getting into form at just the right time. He's been off, and it hasn't mattered, which is a testament to the team. Such a popular player at the CWC there in Qatar (which reminds me, how on earth did LFC have so few fans there compared to Flamenga?). He's a bit of a strange brew though, has anyone else noticed how when they line up inside the tunnel before the game, they are always waiting for him to get there? For me, he's a bit too much of an individual at times. The one player that doesn't play within the team concept. And I'm not trying to knock him. He's clearly helped us get to where we are. I just wonder about the behind the scenes dynamic with him. How everyone gets together. Wasn't it Scottie Pippen who was a bit of an outsider on those Chicago Bulls teams?
    12 DF Joe Gomez - Really hoping he stays healthy for the remainder of the season. For me, he's the #1 choice at CB opposite VVD. Tremendous speed. Has saved TAA's bacon several times. He's still an ascending player. And he can cover at FB if needed.
    13 GK Adrián - Did well during Alisson's abscence. But I hope we don't see him the rest of the season :lol:
    14 MF Jordan Henderson - It's not easy managing all these personalities on the field, but that is Hendo's role. The skipper is good enough. Has the rest of the team's talent level usurped him? Perhaps, that could be argued. But he's very important to the fabric of this squad.
    15 MF Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - well, he's gone and hurt himself again hasn't he? Is he too injury prone for our long term plans? I don't know. The rest of the lads love him. I think during the Flamenga game he was somewhat washed out. He didn't have that impact we hoped for. With Keita coming on and Minamino expected to have a role, it'll be interesting to see how that affects his minutes when he is back from his injury. Is he better coming off the bench I wonder?
    20 MF Adam Lallana - I mean I think his time with the squad is limited now, whether it be here in January or after the season, he isn't long for this team. He's had an important role to play recently.
    23 MF Xherdan Shaqiri - I've never stopped loving this guy. Instant energy. He does seem to have his disappearing moments during games. Like Ox, I wonder what his role will be moving forward. But he is one of a only a handful of players on the team that can cross the ball and put it on a dime.
    24 FW Rhian Brewster - Probably headed out on loan I suspect.
    26 DF Andrew Robertson - What a player? What a signing! You compare him to Trent and he's a bit better on the defensive end and not as strong moving forward. But it's a very small difference. A crowd favorite. One of mine as well. He doesn't get tired. Ever.
    27 FW Divock Origi - I believe I said a couple of seasons ago that we should not let him go and I have to pat myself on the back. how many big goals did he score last season? Some players just have that knack to score and he's one of them. He really gives us something that none of the other forwards do and that's his ability to hold up the play. We've seen it at the end of games when we just need to milk the clock and we drive the ball forward into one of the corners, and there's Origi chasing it down and buying some time, as we wait for the final whistle to blow. His role is well defined. And the talk of us going after another forward is somewhat muted by Origi.
    32 DF Joël Matip - Should be getting back from injury shortly. I do prefer Gomez and even Lovren to Matip. But how many times did he save us last season in the UCL run? his side is the favorite of the opposition to attack with Trent next to him. There are times when it looks good and times when I hold my breath.
    48 MF Curtis Jones - The local reporters really like him. I haven't seen enough.
    51 DF Ki-Jana Hoever - n/a
    62 GK CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher - n/a
    66 DF Trent Alexander-Arnold - what a player moving forward. He is the best at putting the ball into the box. He's had a little time off from regular play the last couple of weeks. Which is a good thing, he needs it. We don't have a true 3rd FB so if either Trent or Robbo got hurt, I wouldn't be too happy with that.
    67 MF Harvey Elliott - Looking forward to seeing him in these upcoming FA Cup games. I've heard great things.
    72 DF Sepp van den Berg - Not sure what we have in him yet. But he's Dutch, so he must be decent. :lol:

34. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Looking at this season and the chances of finally bringing home the League Title. It's all there for us isn't it? I mean we're 10 points up now with a game in hand over Leicester. Who we play on Boxing day. And City are 11 points back. I think City will be our main contenders down the stretch. This upcoming game vs Leicester is huge for them (not for us). We haven't lost a game all season. I do suspect things will get closer rather than further away in terms of first and second. There's going to be a test of will at some point down the stretch. We're two games away from half way. This team is rock solid. Unless something happens to Klopp (hit by a bus or has a medical emergency), we will be able to handle whatever is thrown our way. But I suspect things will get a little tense before we finally pull away (maybe within six points to City in February). It's not going to come down to the final weeks, that is for sure. And make no mistake, this season is all about the League Title. Anything else on top of that is gravy, but is secondary. We've had some good moments already this season with the CWC and beating Chelsea for whatever cup that was :lol:

We might add another player or two in this January Transfer window. But I'm thinking not. Unless there's an injury, why mess with the chemistry that we have at the moment.

I hesitated doing a player by player breakdown as I think this team is so much more than any individual player. All of the pieces are moving well right now. JK has these guys playing lights out. And I just can't see that going any other way. Enjoy the ride!

35. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Man City lost today at Wolves. That was an epic match. So now we have a 14 point lead with a game in hand. Sundays home match vs Wolves puts us at the halfway point. Win it and City have to make up 18 points or six wins. That would seem impossible given our form right now. Crazy to say this is a foregone conclusion but it sure seems that way.

But we have to keep our heads down i think. Play like no lead is safe. City are capable of going on a run. They have CB issues that need fixing. Might as well play like our hair is on fire. Making up for 30 years of frustration.

36. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Well that was quite the effort by a young side in the FA Cup Derby vs Everton. Williams and Larouci impressed. And what can you say about Curtis Jones? Amazing goal. I was thinking he's miscast as a F until that goal. I'm not sure what he is really. I also thought Chirivella (don't think I mentioned him in my breakdown) played really well. And Lallana superb. Elliot is only 16. Minamino showed a little, but at times seemed to be trying to do too much. His time will come, just not in form yet. Everton really regretting not scoring first, had at least three opportunities in the first half. When they went down 0-1 they really fell apart.

37. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Another fantastic win yesterday away to Wolves. I was pretty much resigned to a draw there in the second half and it looked like the lads were as well. The real change in that game happened when Mane got hurt. Yet amazingly, and as this season has seemingly always produced, a moment of brilliance under the greatest of pressure. Firmino this time. And really it must be said that Alisson before that in the second half was tremendous.

Salah is coming under pressure for not passing the ball, which I can agree with. There are frustrating times. But he is much more of a benefit to the squad than any sort of cost. The winning goal a prime example. You have the throw in, then a dummy (or flick) by Firmino to Salah who does a lot of work to get the ball in position... he passes (or loses possession) to Hendo who deftly sends Firmino on his way. And then amazing skill by Bobby to get the shot away. Si Senor.

It also seems that Klopp is going out of his way to say that Minamino was superb yesterday. I'm not so sure about that. For me, it seems he is trying to prop up his confidence a bit. Klopp's way has been to bring young players along slowly and not throw them to the wolves to ruin their confidence (think Robo and Fabinho). I don't think Klopp's plan was to put Tak into the game in the first half without Mane getting hurt. He could have just as easily put Divock in. Yet he put Tak in, a roll of the dice perhaps. I think he's not there obviously. He's lacking a bit of confidence on the ball, mostly looking to pass in possession. His first touch of the game notwithstanding (:lol:). But he's not carrying the ball forward like one would expect when you have an LFC player in possession and nobody around him. I think Klopp was more praising his work rate off the ball, in defense (and in offense with some nifty runs). I think he has some ways to go though, just seems to be lacking the confidence that he had at RB Salzburg.

38. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I guess you have to give AM credit for that performance yesterday. Dreadful game to watch. The referee did his part. I hate watching games like that though. That's not soccer. No rhythm to the game in that second half. Lets see how they do at Anfield. 1-0 is nothing.

OH and ... we're gonna win the league!!

39. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007

40. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Hendo's injury has seemingly affected our last two league performances. If that's the case, then he should be the player of the year. But, perhaps we're setting up winning the league at City instead... that loss yesterday puts us in the running for it. :lol: Such a disappointing way to end the streak though. Terrible performance by everyone. And lets hope Lovren has played his last game for us. Awful.