1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Liverpool FC Thread @ The Phins

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Paul 13, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Salah was amazing vs Man City. Both goals were fantastic runs. That second goal was world class. Goal of the year.

I felt the same about the game. Disappointed in the tie after two leads. But could have been a loss. Milner should have been sent off.

Imo, Milner just didn’t belong on the pitch Sunday. When he and Henderson are in the same 11 the offensive limitations are too much, imo. And that lack of threat allowed Man City to get comfortable.

Not having Keita, Thiago, or Trent for that game hurt. Or Elliott, of course. Really need another starting caliber top tier midfielder. You know, like a wijnaldum lol.

The polish kid they have been rumored to be on - Koslowski - is intriguing but probably too young to help this team. But really a de Bruyne type (obviously he’s the best in the world). Someone with some speed, ball control, passing and a shot would open things up for the front 3.

Wonder if Bissouma is going to happen?

2. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    This is pretty frustrating. Esp. Re Curtis Jones.

There needs to be a better system both with respect to the schedule during Covid protocols and with respect to the treatment of players on the national teams vis-a-vis their clubs.

Klopp is spot on with all this, imo.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58928165

3. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    We are down 4 midfielders when including the Elliott injury- Elliott; Thiago; Fabinho; Curtis Jones.

I would like to see Tsimikas or Neco Williams considered as a midfielder for the Watford game. They have more attacking prowess than any of the other potential starters (Milner, Keita, O-C, and Henderson). Williams played as an attacking midfielder before he can to Liverpool. Williams-Hendo-Keita would be something I’d like to see - given the others that are out. O-C is another but he just hasn’t flashed much of late. I’d reserve Milner for a second half sub if we are ahead.

4. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Well, as bad as the Dolphins season has been, at least there is Mo Salah.

Not a player I like watching more than him.

Obviously, Messi and Ronaldo have been the Gold Standard the past decade plus, perhaps of all time. Salah is just a notch below (though I think he is better at this point - in his prime as they appear to be past their prime).

Mo Salah … the Egyptian King!

5. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Meant to post these a couple of weeks back. We went to Fado's Irish Pub in ATL to watch the Liverpool game with 100 or so Liverpool fans (part of the LFC ATL fan club). That photo is less than 1/2 of the fans that were there. First time to do that. Had a blast. And love a Full Irish (slightly bigger fan of the Full English).

Wish I could do that every week!

Paul 13 and Tone_E like this.
  6. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Nice. Revenge is sweet. But we still owe them. Simeone is quite a character.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  7. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL

thought this was a good one, lol.

Paul 13 likes this.
  8. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    The call and commentary in this are gold. EPL announcers are the best. And Salah. What a magician. He is The Egyptian King!

And there is a great piece at ESPN on why Liverpool really must sign Salah.

9. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
  10. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Well.

Mo Salah.

Dolphins suck. Mo Salah doesn’t.

Paul 13 likes this.
  11. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL

How do you not love this guy? Favorite coach/manager in any sport.

12. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Such a disappointing draw after being up 2-0. SMH. Defense looked slow and we played so passively on offense at times. Constantly passing around the back. Had some other chances that just did not go down. That offside on Salah … tough. Just a bit of delay or earlier pass.

At least Man City lost, lol.

Paul 13 likes this.
  13. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    really missing Fabinho in the midfield and just some depth there, I'm quite surprised how tired the whole team looked (well most of them) after not playing much (if at all) mid week. Of course Naby is down again (hamstring I believe). I've liked what I've seen from Norton in these Carabao Cup matches but I guess he's just too young to put into the rotation in the EPL (or UCL). Ox has been okay but he's best coming off the bench with that energy.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  14. Da 'Fins

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Agree. They did look tired and Fabinho would have made a difference there. The whole midfield is ravaged with injuries. I think Konate got himself out of position a bit in that game as well.

15. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Fabinho back vs AM and what a difference. Hendo is much more involved in the final 3rd. Now Firmino is going to be out for an extended period with another hammy. Origi and Minamino will need to step up.

16. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Well this ****ty day has gone from awful to disastrous

17. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Have to say this stretch of games for LFC has been very impressive. Perhaps their best in a couple of years (the WH game well behind them now), they look really balanced, seem to be getting healthy at the right time. Today's match vs the Saints was really total domination but it could have been very different had Alisson not saved those shots. he was counted on early and too often. Some sloppy giveaways contributed to that... although that was cleaned up as the game wore on. I think LFC's greatest weakness is depth (mostly on the front line now). Ox has really stepped in nicely the last couple of weeks, he might be in his best form as an LFC player. What a hit in the UCL by Thiago against Porto. Oh my goodness..

18. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Cant ever sell Origi. Ever. What a moment in this season if we go on to win the league. City are going to be difficult