Official Miami Hurricanes Thread 2

6691 replies

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Oct 27, 2011, 08:17 PM

Not going to Miller early is getting kind of annoying.

ClipseClipseNew Member
Oct 27, 2011, 08:22 PM

Anemic offense. Yippee...

ClipseClipseNew Member
Oct 27, 2011, 08:28 PM

Well this is fun.

ClipseClipseNew Member
Oct 27, 2011, 08:34 PM

I'm not sure how Miller gets any yards behind this line...

ClipseClipseNew Member
Oct 27, 2011, 08:42 PM

Defense is still total ass. Defensive line is getting abused, and the linebackers are still completely lost. Why aren't we starting Spence at MLB and Perryman at OLB again? Worked for GT. The less Futch and Gaines, the better.

ClipseClipseNew Member
Oct 27, 2011, 08:58 PM

Most pathetic run blocking I've seen.

jpep13jpep13Supporter
Oct 27, 2011, 09:21 PM

Bull**** team!

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Oct 27, 2011, 09:46 PM

I flucking hate Virginia, I really do.

However, we need to stop with the BS penalties. One dumb penalty led to 7 points.

jpep13jpep13Supporter
Oct 27, 2011, 10:15 PM

stupid running into kicker- virgina scores anymore and we won't win- as of now down by 13

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Oct 27, 2011, 10:24 PM

I can't flucking believe RS didn't play Touchdown Tommy in the past few years.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Oct 27, 2011, 10:25 PM

Streeter!

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Oct 27, 2011, 10:33 PM

:facepalm:

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

jpep13jpep13Supporter
Oct 27, 2011, 10:33 PM

Damn It!!

ClipseClipseNew Member
Oct 27, 2011, 11:16 PM

Same **** different week. Interior OL is a joke. DL is a joke. LB's are a joke. DB's are a joke, especially the CB's. End up losing by a few yards. One big joke.

Jaydog57Jaydog57Forum Veteran
Oct 27, 2011, 11:33 PM

2nd half was a lot more exciting than the first. Just too many mistakes and penalties, we were playing 'catch up' the whole game. Harris completely losing track of the ball during a pass, running into the kicker, defense allowing huge running plays, etc. A whole bunch of too little, too late. On the plus side, Streeter was AWESOME. :theu:

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Oct 27, 2011, 11:37 PM

Poop.

We look like we did early in the season again. Another example as to why it will take time.

And I don't know if it's Kehoe or not, but there is no reason for the OL to be underachieving the way they are. They should be mauling every defensive line in this conference.

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Oct 27, 2011, 11:41 PM

However, Streeter is a stud. Dude has it all.

OzzyOzzyLuxury Box
Oct 28, 2011, 12:12 AM

The offensive line is ten times better than last season. Yes, they should be better but I think with Kehoe these kids are finally getting somewhere.

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Oct 28, 2011, 12:21 AM

The OL was actually our biggest strength last year.

ClipseClipseNew Member
Oct 28, 2011, 01:47 AM

Offensive line is exactly that, offensive. Some of the worst run blocking I have ever seen. I think the Dolphins interior OL last year opened up more holes than ours does... Hell, **** opening up holes, I'd just like to see them keeping opposing players out of the backfield for once.

Here's the solution. Real simple. Put Brandon Washington back at guard where he belongs. Linder blows. Put Spence back at MLB, start Perryman. Worked in the GT game, and sure can't be any worse than what we've been doing. Futch and Gaines on the same field should never happen again. Hell neither should see any field. Get Gionni Paul some PT. More than those bums even. Move Mike Williams completely off the 3 deep at CB... Bench McGee. Start Thomas Finnie, we have nothing to lose. Put Nichols back at CB. Ray Ray at SS. Start getting Dallas Crawford reps in the secondary. Start pressing WR's. I don't care if the talent at CB is so awful. They can't possibly be any worse pressing than backing off 15 yards. Start looking at freshman on the DL like Grimble and Olsen Pierre. Maybe even Ricardo Williams. What's the worst than can happen? They get pushed back and out of the play constantly?

OzzyOzzyLuxury Box
Oct 28, 2011, 03:38 AM

"BlameItOnTheHenne wrote:

The OL was actually our biggest strength last year.

If you want to call that a strength be my guest. There was no balance on the offensive line last season. They ran the ball a lot and for more yards but their pass protection totally sucked. We are begining to see more of a balanced line with Kehoe because they're being taught something finally.

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

OzzyOzzyLuxury Box
Oct 28, 2011, 03:43 AM

"R&R Express wrote:

Offensive line is exactly that, offensive. Some of the worst run blocking I have ever seen. I think the Dolphins interior OL last year opened up more holes than ours does... Hell, **** opening up holes, I'd just like to see them keeping opposing players out of the backfield for once.

Put Brandon Washington back at guard where he belongs.

That's one thing I agree with. Washington is a pure guard and should never have seen LT.

Play calling imo has been very suspect at crucial points in games.

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Oct 28, 2011, 10:21 AM

You know..the defensive staff has made several boneheaded moves this year...

the latest was getting caught in cover zero for that big 3rd down conversion that went for a million yards.

That is coaching.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Oct 28, 2011, 11:11 AM

To be honest I'm not surprised they put up a stinker after 4 solid games in a row.

It certainly is going to take more than one year to de-Shannonize this team.

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Oct 28, 2011, 11:22 AM

"Section126 wrote:

You know..the defensive staff has made several boneheaded moves this year...

the latest was getting caught in cover zero for that big 3rd down conversion that went for a million yards.

That is coaching.

To be fair, this is the worst front-4 I can remember in Miami history, and probably the worst secondary I can remember in the last 20 years.

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”