OFFICIAL Miami Hurricanes Thread

1589 replies

Alex44Alex44New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:23 PM

Third down. Put up or shut up defense, time to MAKE A PLAY.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Oct 4, 2008, 06:24 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

Depends who I feel like. Just hand the ball off 40 times a game and throw screen passes lol and curl routes.

lol I hear ya.....run run run and great defense and special teams

Alex44Alex44New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:24 PM

We can't stop third downs today for ****. Something we REALLY need to work on.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

ALalen1New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:24 PM

Damn man, another third down conversion. This will end up costing us the game if it continues. I think they're something like 9 for 13 on third down.

Alex44Alex44New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:26 PM

I think it's a mix between youth and coaching. This defense has no excuse for allowing so many points in any game. Is this offense better than Florida? No way.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

ALalen1New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:27 PM

YES! Held them to a FG. Lmao at Gano's profile picture. It was a question mark, like "who?"

Alex44Alex44New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:28 PM

Haha or a question mark like: 'This player has chosen to conceal his identity, who are you to care anyway?'

Twelve point game, we're getting the ball back. Not impossible. Still a full quarter to play.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

ALalen1New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:30 PM

Lol. Here comes the dreaded fourth quarter for us though. Remember, we've been outscored by 20 in the fourth this season. Sean Spence said it best, when he said "We have to finish." Sounds simple right? Sure but seems impossible to do.

ALalen1New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:33 PM

Oh man. How do you drop that? Stop looking to run before you catch it.

Alex44Alex44New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:34 PM

Seriously can I suit up and play? I'm not the fastest guy but I'll sure as hell catch the ball.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

ALalen1New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:36 PM

Man Bosher took a hit. Nice play. Shannan gots some webos.

Alex44Alex44New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:37 PM

Can we pleeeease catch the ball?

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

ALalen1New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:38 PM

I wonder when this staff will realize that Shields is not the guy they thought he would be. The guy has magically lost all his talent coming out of HS. Why do you continue to take away time from Aldarius Johnson? If you choose to take time away, out of all people you put in Shields?

ALalen1New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:38 PM

Aldarius Johnson with the catch. This is the guy that needs to see the ball, not Shields.

EDIT: If you go downfield, throw to Benjamin. :D

Alex44Alex44New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:39 PM

Shields is probably a practice superstar and just can't translate it to the field. I remember when he first got here he practiced amazing but never played right.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

ALalen1New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:40 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

Shields is probably a practice superstar and just can't translate it to the field. I remember when he first got here he practiced amazing but never played right.

Well from what I now, he's had a tough time hauling in passes and has had maturity issues. He can't seem to keep his head on right. I remember his freshmen year, he looked good out there. His UM career has gone down the drain since.

Alex44Alex44New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:42 PM

Know what I think our biggest problem on defense is? We give away the blitz. Three or four seconds before the snap the QB KNOWS who is coming, any somewhat smart QB is going to pick that apart. Especially if your blitz isn't getting the desired pressure.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

ALalen1New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:45 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

Know what I think our biggest problem on defense is? We give away the blitz. Three or four seconds before the snap the QB KNOWS who is coming, any somewhat smart QB is going to pick that apart. Especially if your blitz isn't getting the desired pressure.

I agree, I think that's one of the problems. Others include lack of physicality from our DB's and our interior defensive line seems to cave in way to often which is why rushers have success running outside.

Damn, Carter again. Marve looked like he got a little scared from the blitz and underthrew it.

ALalen1New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:46 PM

Sean spenceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Best FR Everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :D

Alex44Alex44New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:46 PM

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

ALalen1New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:48 PM

Had seven tackles in the first quarter. Had been silent until now. Great player.

Alex44Alex44New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:49 PM

Can we just play defense the rest of the game? The offense is just eating clock lol defense is where its at.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

ALalen1New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:49 PM

Lol Alex.

Alex44Alex44New Member
Oct 4, 2008, 06:50 PM

Play defense and special teams, offense be damned lol.

Interesting scenario now though. If you drive to field goal range do you kick it? The defense has been shakey all day long and you don't have much to work with timeout wise.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

Jaydog57Jaydog57Forum Veteran
Oct 4, 2008, 06:51 PM

We're still in it! Never say die! How bout them Hurricanes!!:knucks::up::hi5: