OFFICIAL Miami Hurricanes Thread

1589 replies

ALalen1New Member
Oct 18, 2008, 06:32 PM

I can't see the game but the statistics and the game thread at the Hurricanes site is saying a lot. Jacory Harris is comfortable in the pocket and is just letting the game come to him from what I'm understanding. He's not forcing anything and is taking what he can get. Incredible how much changes in a couple weeks. I and some others were saying that Harris disrupts the flow but today, if we win this game which is still a big if, he would've won it for us. While Harris is doing well and is/was my favorite coming into the season, I'm not giving up on Marve lol. I hope they can both further develop their game.

ALalen1New Member
Oct 18, 2008, 06:42 PM

Another touchdown throw by Harris. Five total touchdowns. This time to Laron Byrd whose a nice talent. Wearing Mike Irvins #47.

Jaydog57Jaydog57Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2008, 07:04 PM

49-24, Harris runs six td drives. My can of whoop ass is officially open. :woot::hi5:

ALalen1New Member
Oct 18, 2008, 07:06 PM

"Jaydog57 wrote:

49-24, Harris runs six td drives. My can of whoop ass is officially open. :woot::hi5:

:woot: :hi5:

I wonder how this team does when we settle on one QB for a whole game. I'd like to see us start Marve for a whole game and then the following week, start Harris for a whole game. Decide it like that.

ALalen1New Member
Oct 18, 2008, 07:11 PM

Btw, looks like Nix got his head out of his behind in the second half. We have had 8 guys rush the ball tonight and we finally threw to Aldarius Johnson. He has 8 grabs for 84 yards. Pathetic that it took them seven games to realize this but at least they realized it lol.

Jaydog57Jaydog57Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2008, 07:12 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Btw, looks like Nix got his head out of his behind in the second half. We have had 8 guys rush the ball tonight and we finally threw to Aldarius Johnson. He has 8 grabs for 84 yards. Pathetic that it took them seven games to realize this but at least they realized it lol.

Sometimes it takes awhile for good things to happen.:up:

ALalen1New Member
Oct 18, 2008, 08:25 PM

Marve still starter; QB situation will stay the same - Shannon said to Rivals.com.

GR82BACANEGR82BACANENew Member
Oct 19, 2008, 06:56 PM

"FreeStyle wrote:

IMO Harris needs to be our permanent QB.

Great win today for us :theu: fans!!!!!

4-3 baby..2 more wins and we get a Bowl game!! :woot:

At the very least he deserves the start against WF. You win the job in practice and you keep it by making plays on Saturday. Harris made the plays.

BeelzebobBeelzebobNew Member
Oct 20, 2008, 08:56 AM

Randy made promises about playing time to both the QB's and put himself and the team in a tough situation. Hopefully those promises were only given for this year.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31VJFBMK7AL._SL500_AA202_.jpg

OboyOboyLuxury Box
Oct 20, 2008, 10:03 AM

"FreeStyle wrote:

IMO Harris needs to be our permanent QB.

Great win today for us :theu: fans!!!!!

4-3 baby..2 more wins and we get a Bowl game!! :woot:

Wow. Let me first say I am not trying to be condescending... But when was the last time UM was just happy to get a Bowl game? I do understand after how bad last season was... but wow.

PMZQPMZQNew Member
Oct 20, 2008, 05:08 PM

"Oboy wrote:

Wow. Let me first say I am not trying to be condescending... But when was the last time UM was just happy to get a Bowl game? I do understand after how bad last season was... but wow.

When your team has been Cokerized, you are grateful for just about anything. :yes:

ALalen1New Member
Oct 24, 2008, 10:15 PM

I don't know how many are interested but next years top recruit Bryce Brown has had nice games in the last two weeks. He ran for 165 yards tonight and ran for 274 yards as well as 6 touchdowns on 13 carries on the 11th. Also, Lamar Miller, big back with speed and power, ran for 122 yards on 12 carries and two touchdowns. It may not seem like big HS numbers but he's playing the best competition in the country. Brown and Miller are both part of the class coming in next year. Furthermore, Jakhari Gore, Frank's cousin I believe, had a big game for Columbus in which he ran for 271 yards on 21 carries against Coral Gables, which is a really talented school. Gore hasn't decided between BC and UM but everyone is expecting him to come to UM. He's currently a Junior in HS.

Jaydog57Jaydog57Forum Veteran
Oct 25, 2008, 12:41 AM

"alen1 wrote:

I don't know how many are interested but next years top recruit Bryce Brown has had nice games in the last two weeks. He ran for 165 yards tonight and ran for 274 yards as well as 6 touchdowns on 13 carries on the 11th. Also, Lamar Miller, big back with speed and power, ran for 122 yards on 12 carries and two touchdowns. It may not seem like big HS numbers but he's playing the best competition in the country. Brown and Miller are both part of the class coming in next year. Furthermore, Jakhari Gore, Frank's cousin I believe, had a big game for Columbus in which he ran for 271 yards on 21 carries against Coral Gables, which is a really talented school. Gore hasn't decided between BC and UM but everyone is expecting him to come to UM. He's currently a Junior in HS.

Dude, if you don't end up coaching or recruiting then you're missing your calling.:up:

ALalen1New Member
Oct 25, 2008, 12:44 AM

"Jaydog57 wrote:

Dude, if you don't end up coaching or recruiting then you're missing your calling.:up:

Thanks man, that's nice of you to say.

I miss watching Sean as well. Favorite Safety ever. Only guy I knew who Terrell Owens feared. :D

Dolphin1184Dolphin1184New Member
Oct 25, 2008, 03:08 PM

It's all about the :theu: baby! Another ACC win.

Jaydog57Jaydog57Forum Veteran
Oct 25, 2008, 03:25 PM

Yeah, what a good game! I liked that 43 yd run by Marve in the 3rd qtr. We're 5-3, let's keep it going! :up:

ALalen1New Member
Oct 25, 2008, 05:05 PM

Damn ESPNU. I didn't get to see the game but looking at the box score, it sounded ugly. Sounds like the defense saved our behinds again. I saw a highlight when Ojomo (talented DE) sacked Skinner on a 4th and 11. Adewale Ojomo is my hero! Marve bounced back with an ok performance. No run game today but Matt Bosher did a hell of a job punting and kicking or at least it looks that way. He has to be one of our MVP's this year.

We're sitting at 5-3 right now and the expected win total this year was around six to seven games which sounds just right. I think we can beat an NC State team at the end of the regular season which puts us at 6 wins. I think we'll be in the GT game but I'm not sure if we win it. We have the team speed to defend the option against them and that's all they run but we have to be able to tackle which is a lot to ask for from our team. Nesbit isn't a pretty QB. He's completing around 46% of his passes this year which is Juice Wiliams-Freshmen year like numbers. They're very good defensively though and that will be a test. I don't even want to imagine our OL going up against Michael Johnson whose a 6'7" freak of nature.

ALalen1New Member
Oct 25, 2008, 05:09 PM

Lol, terrible.

EDIT: We're going to see the VT and GT games on ESPN. Miami and VT is on November 13th while the UM/GT game is on the 20th. Looking forward to the GT game as we get to see a potential Miami Dolphin in Michael Johnson. Desides, watch the game! :up:

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2008, 05:37 PM

ESPN, or ESPNU?

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

ALalen1New Member
Oct 25, 2008, 05:38 PM

"Desides wrote:

ESPN, or ESPNU?

The VT and GT games will be on ESPN. (the one that we all have :lol:)

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2008, 05:40 PM

"alen1 wrote:

The VT and GT games will be on ESPN. (the one that we all have :lol:)

There is a God, and He owns a South Beach condo. :wink2:

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

ALalen1New Member
Oct 25, 2008, 05:46 PM

Some are saying that Miami (Fla.) is emerging as a team to beat in the sweepstakes for ESPNU150 wide receiver Rueben Randle (Bastrop, La.).

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=Southeast_Recruiting

:D :D :D

Best WR in the country.

BeelzebobBeelzebobNew Member
Oct 27, 2008, 10:08 AM

If the Canes run the table the UNC loss may be a huge thorn in their side. Hopefully, GT will beat the Heels and open up the door for Miami.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31VJFBMK7AL._SL500_AA202_.jpg

ALalen1New Member
Oct 29, 2008, 12:44 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty upset that this game won't be on ESPN. I was hoping to see Clint Sintim play. :pity:

EDIT:

:D :D

PMZQPMZQNew Member
Oct 29, 2008, 01:06 PM

"FreeStyle wrote:

Okay Canes fans here we go, if we win this game we qualify for a Bowl Game.

We have to beat VIRGINIA at Virginia.

Let's go :theu:

To say the least, this is a HUGE game, and a winnable game. They must play like they did in the 2nd half against Duke.