OFFICIAL Miami Hurricanes Thread
1589 replies
Are we sure this Marve is the same guy we saw at the start of the season?
At the start he was looking off receivers and finding his men, now he stares them down and throws picks.
On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.
Nice job potentially giving up the game, Cooper.
Defense is weak against the pass today. Playing like a bunch of bitches. They look SCARED.

Kanye West wrote:
I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?
The officials in this game are all over the place. Miami needs to get a turnover (-2).
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31VJFBMK7AL._SL500_AA202_.jpg
Great job by the Virginia kicker missing the field goal. :theu:
What an AMAZING call by Patrick Nix on 3rd and LONG there. :rolleyes:
Still, Graig Cooper cannot put the football on the floor. He's got to fix that.

Kanye West wrote:
I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?
The fumble + drop should have Benjamin benched in the next game.

Kanye West wrote:
I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?
Great play in OT. :woot: Huge win for us. This win puts us in second place in the Coastal Division. The current leaders, UNC and GT, play each other next week.
"High Definition wrote:
The fumble + drop should have Benjamin benched in the next game.
If they bench Benjamin, they're out of their mind. Best playmaker we have.
How 'bout them Hurricanes! What a game! We came back at the end and never laid down. I'm so proud of this team right now, it's the reason I'm all about the :theu: :hi5::knucks:
The Canes came back? Awesome. I saw the 17-10 score and thought we were finished.
Is Jacory Harris still stealing snaps at QB?
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
Harris threw the 2 TD passes that won it.
On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.
"Alex44 wrote:
Harris threw the 2 TD passes that won it.
Bizarre.
At least we won, though. On to the next doormat. :lol:
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
They weren't beautiful passes by any stretch :lol: actually the one in OT was pretty nice. But both were floaters that the receivers made some great plays on.
On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.
This win against UVA...wow...just wow. This is the game we'll look back at as the turning point in the program.
THE HURRICANES ARE BACK.

"alen1 wrote:
Great play in OT. :woot: Huge win for us. This win puts us in second place in the Coastal Division. The current leaders, UNC and GT, play each other next week.
Too bad FSU didn't win (I can't believe I just typed that :lol:) as that would have helped us a lot.
A big win for Miami's young players. Sean Spence played really well from the quarter and half that I watched. I, sometimes, think he's the only capable Linebacker on that team. However, one big concern that the UM staff has right now is that he's only 200-210 range and he gets tired because of playing full-time and taking on Tackles that are 300+ pounds. That's a huge worry that I know for sure they have and that they will change come off-season program at UM. I believe they had this same concern when Jonathan Vilma came to the U. He was about 6'0", 200 (if that) and he eventually grew about two inches and put on weight. Spence is abut 6'0" and 202-205 pounds. I also expect Spence to become the Mike Linebacker possibly next year or year after. He is small at the moment for an OLB and we're going to have a hole there next year with Glenn Cook leaving after this season. Spence has great instincts and football intelligence so it wouldn't surprise me to see him at the MLB spot. Aldarius "Glue Hands Johnson didn't have a huge game but had a huge catch in OT as we saw. "Glue Hands" dropped a pass over the middle and my jaw dropped. Javarris James looked good out there IMO but he got dinged up once again. He can never stay healthy and its getting annoying. He has so much talent though. No worries though, Cooper comes in and lights up a good UVA defense with 131 yards. We really need to feed him the ball more. He doesn't have the greatest vision but he's relentless and keeps fighting for yards. One thing I noticed from the game was that on offense, we struggle on 1st and 2nd down and then have a big play that comes up short of the marker on 3rd down. We must get better on 1st down. I see on the statline that Marve threw a pick, I didn't get to see the actual play but I'm guessing he locked on to his WR yet again and/or didn't do avery good job of reading the defense like we have seen throughout the year. On a PR, I saw that Collier was out there instead of Benjamin, which caught me by surprise. I think we have to attack more downfield with LaRon Byrd and Aldarius Johnson. Byrd is 6'4" and has good hands while Johnson uses his body really well to shield the defender and adjust to the ball in the air. If Jacory Harris keeps up his good play, he'll be a starter next year IMO. One thing I don't like about him though is that today I saw him duck every time he saw a defender coming at him and that may have had a negative impact on his velocity on his throws. I could be wrong here but I think he may have ducked on that deep pass to Sam Shields which is why it may have been a short throw. I know for sure that he ducked when he threw that very low pass, that was a one hoper, to Travis Benjamin or Davon Johnson. If he's more worried about getting hit then completing the pass, we may have some worries. The one time that I did see him stand in the pocket, take a hit and deliver the ball, it was on the money. I also liked the decision to put Harris in when it was overtime. Harris has had a lot of experience in big games in HS including one where he called his own plays and led a game-winning touchdown drive. The kid knows what he's doing.
UVA's Clint Sintim, #51, looked like a monster from the short time I saw the game. He's a very good player. Dolphin in '09!
Wow. I'll eat my Jacory Crow for the 2nd or 3rd time this season.
I still ****ing HATE Northwestern. Norland pride, baby. :wink2:

Kanye West wrote:
I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?
"High Definition wrote:
Wow. I'll eat my Jacory Crow for the 2nd or 3rd time this season.
I still ****ing HATE Northwestern. Norland pride, baby. :wink2:
Just out of curiosity, why do you dislike Harris?
"alen1 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why do you dislike Harris?
He likes Norland, that is why Alen. Its like asking me, a Coral Park grad to like Southwest High or Coral Gables. Its never going to happen.:no:
Alen you have to know the layout of HS football in Miami to really get this one.
"PMZQ wrote:
He likes Norland, that is why Alen. Its like asking me, a Coral Park grad to like Southwest High or Coral Gables. Its never going to happen.:no:
Alen you have to know the layout of HS football in Miami to really get this one.
Cheat sheet to South Florida high school football: Dade has all the good teams. Broward has one or two. But all the good football schools are places you probably wouldn't want to attend. Tradeoff.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
Cheat sheet to South Florida high school football: Dade has all the good teams. Broward has one or two. But all the good football schools are places you probably wouldn't want to attend. Tradeoff.
True -- one exception in each county -- Miami-Dade/ Columbus High and in Broward/St Thomas Aquinas.
Both are expensive private Catholic schools.
"PMZQ wrote:
True -- one exception in each county -- Miami-Dade/ Columbus High and in Broward/St Thomas Aquinas.
Both are expensive private Catholic schools.
Well, there's your reason why. :lol:
Still, it's no exaggeration to say that UM is built on the talent produced by local high schools, and by extension the NFL has benefited from that same pool. Just look at that Ravens roster.
Now, what's this about giving Jacory Harris the full-time QB job over Robert Marve? Am I on BizarroPhins.com?
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
Well, there's your reason why. :lol:
Still, it's no exaggeration to say that UM is built on the talent produced by local high schools, and by extension the NFL has benefited from that same pool. Just look at that Ravens roster.
Now, what's this about giving Jacory Harris the full-time QB job over Robert Marve? Am I on BizarroPhins.com?
I think the offense starts slow with Harris in there but the more time he gets throughout the game, the better the offense is. That'll have to change if he becomes full time next year, meaning we will have to get off to a faster start early, but I think he may be the better option, despite the praise for Marve earlier this season. Marve doesn't do a great job of reading defenses and struggles with looking off his WR's. He just locks into them and by the time his throw gets there, their are two defenders waiting to jump the route and/or intercept the ball. The problem I have with Harris is what I said in my first sentence and that he tries to avoid defenders when throwing the ball. I mentioned it on Saturday or Sunday here but when Harris sees a defender coming at him, he throws the ball and then ducks as fast as he can. I think that takes away some of the velocity and IMO, that certainly doesn't help him when I already think he has a somewhat weak arm. A big positive is that Harris has played in the big games in High School and has a great feel for the game. That doesn't seem to be the case with Marve. That's just the way I feel.
ATTENTION: All Coral Gable residents or people who live near it
Greater Miami Pop Warner is pleased to rename it's yearly championship series in honor of former Miami Pop Warner scholar athlete, high school standout, University of Miami star player, and All Pro Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor
We invite you to join us at the 1st Annual Sean Taylor Classic.
This nine game event will be held at Cobb Field, on the University of Miami campus, Sat. and Sun. - Nov. 8th & 9th.
For further information, click here.
Also, Jcory Harris has been named ACC Rookie of the Week for the second time and third consecutive UM QB to win it.
University of Miami quarterback Jacory Harris was named Atlantic Coast Conference Rookie of the Week on Monday, his second such honor in the past three weeks and the third consecutive week a UM quarterback has captured the award.
Harris, one year out of Miami Northwestern High School, threw the game-tying and game-winning touchdown passes in Miami's 24-17 overtime victory Saturday at Virginia. He completed 12 of 21 passes for 160 yards and the two touchdowns.
His 26-yard pass to freshman LaRon Byrd culminated a 15-play, 95-yard drive that ended with 55 seconds left in regulation. His 9-yard pass to former high school teammate Aldarius Johnson, also a freshman, was the game-winner in overtime.
Last week, Robert Marve earned the Rookie of the Week honor by leading UM in a second-half comeback victory against Wake Forest.
Two weeks ago, Harris earned the ACC honor by accounting for five touchdowns -- four passing -- in a second-half comeback victory at Duke.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/colleges/um/story/754308.html
