1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.::Official PS3 Madden Online Franchise Trade Discussion Thread::.

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by SICK, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I actually love all the Falcons' players. It's a great organization and players we have gotten from them have always worked out very well for us. Matt Ryan, for instance, has been tremendous for us, in large part due to the quality of coaching he received during his time in Atlanta.

There. That better?

;)

2. B0$$ TYC00N$

B0$$ TYC00N$ New Member

Mar 6, 2010
    do players retire before or after the draft?

3. Bpk

After, I believe. Which is why I had no clue if Favre would retire when I drafted Jake Scott QB last year.

Favre did, in fact, retire.

So, yeah, I think you find out after the draft who has retired. In your case, Ray Lewis is the highest chance, but I think he stays one more year.

4. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Actually players retire after the Super Bowl and also progress/regress at that time too, not after the Draft. Don't you remember Favre had retired and really wanted Morrow first round but Mr. QB Fetish snagged him up? :lol: So if you're going make trades for any old farts I'd wait until after SB to do it.

B0$$ TYC00N$ likes this.
  5. Bpk

I know that may be the case in Offline Franchise, but I don;t think it's true in online franchise.

I'll check, but don;t think that's the case. Are you 100% sure?

I recall having to go into the draft unsure of if I'd have Favre, so that's why I went after Jake Scott hard.

B0$$ TYC00N$ likes this.
  6. Starry31

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Yeah I'm sure, I have an online franchise right before a Draft.

http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?t=45467&page=5 Can see you knew Favre had retired before we set date for Draft. I remember first round Bob picked like a spot or two before you and he drafted Dane Morrow first round (With Vince Young and Kerry Collins) and you were spazzing out. :tongue2:

B0$$ TYC00N$ likes this.
  7. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Lots of nice talent available.....Browns are not done making moves....who's next, step right up!
    [​IMG]

8. Bpk

I thought that was because I had several offline Frans and in ALL of them this was the season Favre had retired.

I guess you could be right, though.

Either way, doesn;t affect me. None of my guys will retire. I take good care of 'em.

lol.

9. Bpk

By the way, if anyone has a player they are scared will retire, I'm willing to trade you for them.

As long as they are high-rated.

10. Starry31

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    I'm interested in a player or two BigDogs and will have some guys of my own on the block, but still looking some things over and going try out a few things first before I put their names down or make a move.

11. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    K, jump on IM and lets chat it up.....:wink2:

12. Starry31

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    A day or two away from that. :D

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  13. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Jack English is 50yrs old....still holding on to him:wink2:

:lol:

Bpk likes this.
  14. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I'm interested in moving back into the first, or offensive line help for Sims. Or defensive line.

15. Bpk

Once you're ready, I'm still interested in Curry.

16. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Hey, your name is not BigDogs....stay in your Viking world....:angry:

:lol::lol::lol:

Bpk and Starry31 like this.
  17. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Talk to me Goose!!!!:up: Get on IM...come on.

Bpk likes this.
  18. B0$$ TYC00N$

B0$$ TYC00N$ New Member

Mar 6, 2010
    also, how do we go about the picks that we traded when it comes time to drafting? so in barry's case, are you gonna tell me who you want first round or how does it work?

19. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Yes, just like last year, the picks cant be traded inside Madden, so Original Teams need to be online during Draft day and make the pick accordingly. Basically, use IM Chat, or Email, or Text, or Call to inform your trade partner exactly who you want them to pick when that slot comes up (SICK controls the TIME CLOCK, etc on draft day).....you can cut your traded guys so the other team can pick them up now, but when it comes to traded picks, the original team will have to draft, then cut them so the proper team can sign them as FA following draft completion.

Everyone needs to pay attention so they do not sign traded FA bodies on the wire.

Bpk and B0$$ TYC00N$ like this.
  20. Bpk

Yup. We all show up and when that pick comes up I tell ya who to pick for me. :)

21. Bpk

I was gonna suggest, regarding roster space, that we each declare a list of guys we are 'cutting' temporarily to clear space for picks. Fact is, in the real NFL you would NEVER dropa good player to make room for a crappy 7th round pick.

So we should get to name a list of protected dropped players until after the draft. Then get to resign the players we want (from our original drops and draft picks.

I think there should be a 24 hour window after the draft where no one can sign free agents, while we all get our rosters sorted out.

THEN once we all have chosen which picks 'make our roster' and cut the guys we don;t want, we can start the free for all.

Crappy Tipper and BigDogsHunt like this.
  22. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    We have done this "ie...gone through all this once" already and it worked fine last year. "The process" isnt complicated. No need to set up protected list. Dont really have to cut anyone till after the draft and its usually only to sign FA draft pick guys.

I recommend you cutting dead-weight or traded bodies now so teams can account for them and prepare for draft day.

I am cutting Shaun Rogers, D'Qwell Jackson, Corey Williams, and Mohammed Massoqoui now so Atlanta can sign them per our trade. Atlanta needs to cut Steve Breaston for Browns to sign.

then the I will inform AZ, SEA, and ATL of those draft picks when they come up on who to take, etc.

24hrs to let the air clear is not a bad idea to confirm why players are out on the wire, etc.

Crappy Tipper likes this.
  23. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I do agree with no signig fa's until 24 hours after draft ends. It was a cluster **** last yr

Crappy Tipper and BigDogsHunt like this.
  24. Starry31

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Actually the computer will automatically make room on your roster for draft picks, going by lowest overall I think. I don't know exactly who I will let go until after I draft, besides maybe 1 or 2 guys so will probably be a few guys the CPU releases for me that I don't want to release. A guy like Yamon Figurs is 42 Overall and will be cut, but he is not a free agent. :P So there might be a little bit of a mess right after with draft picks but some honesty, communication, and Sick adding/dropping players as needed should straighten it out.

Bpk likes this.
  25. Bpk

Sorry, but I disagree this year.

I have worked extremely hard to fill out my roster, right to the bottom. I have B-potential guys as my last few guys.

So, I don;t want to have to cut a bunch of guys I want to keep, just to make room for my 6th and 7th round picks who I KNOW I won't want to sign.

If I don't cut guys before the draft then Madden sometimes just 'dumps' people from your roster. Well, I don;t want to lose players I don;t want to cut, and have other guys signing them just because Madden randomly chose to boot them off my roster.

Take Tim Dobbins for example. He's a 60's rated linebacker. I want him. I don;t want to dump him just to keep a 48 rated 7th round pick. But, if I don;t dump him to create 'space' then maybe Madden dumps a bunch of my other guys randomly. Then no one knows who is fair game on the free agency wire and I'd lose players over a 7th round pick I never even wanted on my roster.

That'd be the equivalent of the real Dolphins needing to cut Pat Turner to create space for 7th round pick SPitler, then some other team claiming Pat Turner right away. It doesn;t work that way in the real NFL. In the real NFL you;d look at both players then decide which one you wanted to keep.

That's all I'm suggesting. A 24 hour cooling off period where no one jumps on Free Agents, so people can pick up or drop the drafted guys or any players Madden 'boots' off their rosters without the Owner wanting it to happen.

26. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Agree, but last year, no one dropped known traded guys until after the draft night as well...so it was a cluster of who was dropped to make room, and who was traded, etc.

So, dropping your deadweight now...including all traded bodies would help. Plus the 24hrs to announce and declare who may have accidentally been dropped by Madden system solves that.

Bpk likes this.
  27. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I see where you are coming from, and I agree with the 24hrs.....just think a PROTECTED list is overkill and panic/worry thats unwarranted in some sense...but I hear ya.

The difference with Madden Online is no manual signing of FA or Draft Picks....vs. Madden Franchise, where thats the trigger to know the room you need...since everyone is SIGNED simply by drafting them the computer gets involved and drops for you if you dont have room (what method they use (lowest Overall, etc) who knows)

Bpk likes this.
  28. Bpk

That's all I'm saying. I'd like to avoid other people taking those guys.

That's why I suggest a 24 hour no signing free agents (unless they came off your roster) period after the draft.

Gives us time to sort things out.

Otherwise, if there are 10-15 mis-signed players, Sick has to go drop all those dudes off peoples' rosters.

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  29. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Its what we play him for......:yes::tongue2:

Bpk likes this.
  30. B0$$ TYC00N$

B0$$ TYC00N$ New Member

Mar 6, 2010
    so is that 24 hour cooling period starry's chance to resign figurs? as well as everyone else in the same boat?

31. Bpk

That's my suggestion, yeah Boss.

So let's say you draft one more guy than you have room for, and Madden drops Castillo off your roster to make space for the drafted player.

You'd still have 24 hours where no one could touch him. That would let you go in, cut the draft pick who bumped Castillo, and re-sign Castillo off the free agent wire.

That way you don't lose any players you don't want to lose.

And when free agency opens after 24 hours we all get a chance to sign whomever we want without worrying about mistakenly picking up someone else's player.

B0$$ TYC00N$ and Starry31 like this.
  32. B0$$ TYC00N$

B0$$ TYC00N$ New Member

Mar 6, 2010
    everything sounds good. thnx for the clarification ppl.

btw. DT Jamal Williams (90 overall A potential) and/or DT Patrick Lopez (overall 79 with B potential age 22, 99 strength 85 tackle 94 hit power and 91 block shedding). I've already received a couple offers from last time i mentioned lopez but now i've decided i can part with jamal williams too.

33. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Have to wait till after playoffs end for Chargers!:up::lol:

34. B0$$ TYC00N$

B0$$ TYC00N$ New Member

Mar 6, 2010
    oh i know, i'm saying once the superbowl ends of course...but there's no reason discussions and/or agreements can't be made now.

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  35. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    I know, I will be waiting for you...happy to work a deal with you.:up:

36. Bpk

Hey Boss, what do you need? I have picks n players. What positions or draft picks ya need?

37. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    BigDog I will give you five American dollars to get my 2nd round pick back. Whaddaya say?

38. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    What other picks do you have? You still have your 1st?? ;)

39. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    Lance Moore is on the block. Looking for picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    I do. Yes. What would you like to give me in addition to my 2nd for my first?