1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.::Official PS3 Madden Online Franchise Trade Discussion Thread::.

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by SICK, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Yeah, if I were startying the league today, KNOWING there'd be this many ThePhins members invovled, I'd have kept it just us too.

Where it gets complicated is that last September, when I suggested the idea (before Sick became the sherriff), we had VERY few opeople. Like three people. Boring *** league if there are only three people.

So I allowed two friends I know into the league so there'd be at least five or six of us.

They've been here since the beginning of the league and it feels weird to turn around now and say, sorry guys, now that other people from ThePhins have joined in the last two months I am kicking you out after you've been here seven months.

I mean, in hindisght, where were all the ThePhins members when we were initially trying to get people? Why should we kick people out who have 'seniority' by far?

At the same time, another part of me sees it rankling nerves and if this has finally 'caught on' here at thephins, it might make more sense for me to go start a smaller league with my friends, so we can continue to enjoy playing with our original intention (and with less people we could advance the weeks faster). So I've though of doing that, asking if they want to start our own non-thephins league so this one is just peopple from thephins.com.

I mean, the league has changed, is the fact.

It started out open to friends, and then got popular on thephins.

Now what I really am not sure of is outside people joining now, at this late stage. Is that any different than my friends who started the league with us? Not sure.

botoom line, I think everytone, thephins or not, has an obligation to have contact info, and to be checking these boards or getting email updates as BDH suggested, by subscribing to the threads. If we can reach these non-thephins players, then there's no issue.

I do agree that I love the sense of community here and it dilutes it a bit with outsiders.

Anyways, I'm in an awkward spot as I don;t feel its right to boot my firends since they've, imo, earned the right to be here as they were here before 80% of the othr players in this league. At the same time, if the league is now mainly the possession of thephins board members, I can understand and respect if we want to ask non posters to either begin posting here or leave the league.

Anyways, I'm still tempted to start up another league for only the most rabid players, who canplay their games very quickly, and have the schedule advance twice per week, once at Wed noon and once at midnight Saturday each week, no exceptions. We could get through season one in a little over two months that way. Season two would be done by the time Madden 11 came out.

Meh, that's where our current league will be too. Maybe it's not worth it starting a 'fast' league.

2. Bpk

Wow. Okay, given Boss Tycoon's attitude, I vote for a boot. Sorry Boss, but no need to be rude about it. Not okay.

I guess the main thing with who is in the league is that they have a sense of the TOS that make this a pleasant place. There is no such standard with outsiders, including my friends. If my friends ever offend any of you, by the way, please tell me and feel free to boot them.

When I say 'my firend' btw, for those who don;t know, Romeo - rvmartinez - of the Falcons is my friend, and Andre - amenart - Cardinals is ROMEO'S friend... so a friend of a friend.

And I wouldn;t be mad if either did something to deserve the boot and got booted.

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  3. Bpk

Say, Boss, before you get booted..... have a minute to talk about a quick trade or two?

Joking.

What? I'm JOKING!!!

(whispered) call me <------

SICK, Crappy Tipper and BigDogsHunt like this.
  4. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Bpk likes this.
  5. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Andre offended the hell out of me he ran for 250 yards with Beanie Wells over two games against me!
    :lol:

Bpk likes this.
  6. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I would come back with an awesome reply... buuuuuuuuut
    [​IMG]

SICK, Fin-Omenal and Crappy Tipper like this.
  7. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    ASU, its your call (I think - it could be the COMMISH based on your comments) if you want to step back and decide if you want to stay...but again, no need to question why we have a COMMISH in the first place and what the focus should be on.

We all have the same obiligation to communicate our schedules, and communicate our actions, and most importantly do everything to stay in the loop on other owners actions....if that is to much for anyone - leave now, its easier that way.

Its a simple fun league - but like all leagues you have to commit to paying attention so its stays fun.

POST ALL CONTACT INFO
    SUBSCRIBE TO THREADs
    STAY IN THE LOOP

pretty simple really.....

8. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    dang, only 7 days...you are a Gentleman.

So, if he is subscribed to the 3 key threads...will he still get notified to stay in the loop? Can he be added (all owners really) to the 3 threads via subcription now?

9. Bpk

DEFINITELY boot-worthy!!!

A list of boot-worthy offenses, a Manifesto:

Crappy Tipper likes this.
  10. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    you know what's funny. I had no issues with him. I was NEVER petitioning to boot that jackass. I was saying (like I have from the beginning) that I personally felt that it should just be us. But I never once said to boot anyone. So far everyone has played by the rules and been very classy. Now this guy comes off the deep end when he was clearly the one not following going on with the Crumpler deal.

A simple "My bad guys, didn't realize this was in the middle of a trade" and it would have been all good.

Bpk likes this.
  11. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Always has been.....

hopefully this illustrates the obligations of the League as a member and simple basic responsibilities going forward. Not hard really. (thats what she said).

12. Bpk

Well, and I take responsibility for doing a piss poor job of communicating the Crumpler trade to you guys in the league. I reported it to the commish, but not publicly enough to ensure even newbies knew about it. I don;t wanna dump on Bosstycoon for that.

After the first time he picked up Crumpler I should have emailed him. He DID provide an email addy for our contact list.

I'm a little surprised at his reaction today though.

ASUFinFan and BigDogsHunt like this.
  13. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    I've kind of defended some of the newer guys because I like having a lot of players, doubled since I joined. Others disagree and it's just that, a disagreement in how different people prefer things. That and one of my friends (Bob) is a member I like playing with, and I didn't exactly know anyone when I joined, though I had lurked for awhile. Even sent Bo$$ email/PM earlier so he'd know the situation about Crumpler, but the recent posts aren't really defend-able, especially taking personal shots.

Just to comment on just phins members versus others, I wouldn't feel it right to boot anyone at this point (aside from bad behavior, not playing games, etc.) and doubt others would either. If next season or Madden 11 you guys changed things then I don't mind, I see it as kind of BpK/Sick's league to decide what to do and I just follow along if I'm allowed. I may be missing someone but I think BpK was kind of part of the reason for it starting and has contributed a lot, Sick obviously has been the commish and kept things going.

14. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    So, back on topic of trades.

I would still like a bulldozer center 85+, FS 90, CB 85.

I would prefer to trade picks, but players can go to if the price is right.

If any of you are hurting for HB I have two that I will toss in cheap, JJ Arington & Julius Jones.

15. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I really had no issues with the dude. My post want even towards him... Then goes crazy taking shots at people? C'mon man. That's childish and ******ed. I would never vote to boot anyone that was playing by the rules, outsider or not.

16. Bpk

Totally ThePhins.com league's now, and Sick runs it. I just suggested it to start.

But I agree with a lot of what you said.

17. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

Whatta u know? U r a giant doucher :lol:

Ahhh damn, even when im a little depressed you people seem to make me giggle inside!

Due to his entertainment value I vote that Boss's comments be given a "just relax bro" warning and move foward...everyone loses their cool sometimes, lets just get our games played this week so I can play Alex.:sad:

18. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Alright BIG DOG, I'm out! Chris knows that I have no problem with him, but whatever lol. My previous post was fine, I'm sure Chris isn't even close to offended by what I said there. I'll leave though. You can take me off the Texans, Chris. I'm out!

And I would re-think what I bolded buddy big dog. Your right though, I think that was the original plan. Later guys!

19. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Guys lets all step back here and take a deep breath, it is only video game after all. I'm sure we can resolve this without people leaving or being kicked out or whatever.

20. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Did I kick you out??????

As far as what you bolded....this is the most important piece.....

21. Starry31

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Yeah, it's just Madden and some nerdy football fans having fun, hate for people to need to leave and this and that. I think a lot of times it's just the nature of online and text, was thinking about it earlier actually. The general discussion part of our forums have really went downhill, so many pissing contests and attacking the poster, not what the poster said. Dolphin fans are segregated into "Ginn bashers" and "Ginn apologists", or "omg draft defense" versus "draft Bryant or I'll die", etc. I'm sure most football forums have the same sort of thing going on, but if all the same guys were in a sports bar saying they want Earl Thomas or Dez Bryant, I can't imagine people getting as emotional and personally involved. Or if we were all at some dude's house playing Madden there would be a more relax atmosphere. With text I think people read into things that aren't there, misinterpret other things, and so on.

22. Bpk

Anyone wanna discuss a trade?

I need a back-up punter.

23. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    I still take pride in accidentally coining the phrase "ginn apologists" :lol:

Bpk likes this.
  24. Bpk

^ how did this end up in madden league trade thread??

25. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Read Starry's post. And damnit Barry it's called a quote button. :tantrum:

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  26. Bpk

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  27. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    ^^^ Dude, what is that?

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  28. Bpk

Lol. Whoops... I was replying to THIS
    and put CRAPPY by mistake instead of STARRY.

Your names ALMOST rhyme. That confuses me so much. I don't know.

I need help.

Crappy Tipper and BigDogsHunt like this.
  29. Starry31

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Word is the Jaguars players are upset at the public disrespect shown toward their coach. "Coach haven't did anything wrong to nobody, who the Vikings coach think he is", one of the players was reported saying. Maurice Jones-Drew also commented, "If we have a big lead we'll usually take the air out of the ball and show respect, I can't say that will be the case with every team next year."

Bpk likes this.
  30. Bpk

Heeheehee!!!

31. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Anyone want an injured DeShaun Jackson? Out for the rest of the year. Make me an offer!

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  32. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Third Rounder.

Fair because:

A: I'm in a playoff hunt and he doesnt help me this year at ALL.

B: Who knows how long we will keep this going. He's young but how many seasons do we play?

33. Bpk

Third rounder for an A potential young player who will be rated over 90 with 97 speed next year?

That is INSANE. Larceny. Theft.

Mor should have you prosecuted.

34. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Eh receivers aren't worth that much to me in Madden. A guy rated 99 can get the same production as a guy rated 72. It's about individual ratings.

Brandon Marshall cant even get a first rounder in real life. And he's much better than Jackson.

35. Bpk

Has anyone else in the league traded any draft picks? Wondering who has whose picks for next draft?

36. Bpk

You are very good at using your words, my friend!! You remind me of me with the silver tongue!! lol.

ANyways, the way I see it a guy like Jackson will post 10-15 TDs a year with a player who can pass decently (no offense Mor, but you are still learning to pass in this version, and by next season you proabbly WILL be able to get the most outta jackson, cuz you;ll be better at passing)

10-15 TDs a year will mean almost 5 points per game. That's gonna decide a win or a loss in a few games.

To me, that's more of an impact than a Madden rookie from the third round could realistically provide, by far. If you can show me a guy in this year's franchise that is a rookie 3rd rounder having a 10-15 TD pace, I'll totally recant my position on this. I don;t think such a third rounder exists. Heck, Jackson was a SECOND round pick in the real NFL. If anything, after what he's shown on the field he is worth more now, not less.

I wouldn;t put this much effort into this, and it sort of isn;t my business.... but you are my division rival, so it kinda has to be my business if I don't wanna watch DeSean do TD dances in my endzone for the next eight seasons (especially if all it costs you is a third rounder).

Hell, Mor, I'll give ya the pick I got from the Falcons in the 3rd round for Desean, if you really think that's all he's worth. At least the Falcons have a worse record, and will play Sick and the Saints in their division four times this year, virtually guaranteeing they'll draft higher than the Lions third round pick. The Lions have a perfect record.

Personally, I wouldn't trade him to either of us for a third, though.

37. Bpk

Since I can;t compete on the field, the least I can do is compete in the Front Office. lol.

38. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    My WR Toliver (forget which round I drafted him, I think third or fourth)

26 Receptions
    591 Yards
    7 Touchdowns

7 Games.

Another reason I only offered a third, is because I'd much rather have a fast/strong receiver than a fast/shifty receiver. You're right he's worth more than a third, but thats just his value to my team is all.

Bpk likes this.
  39. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Also I'm considering trading Matthew Stafford. I'm looking for OL and HB help as well as any other position really.

Bpk likes this.
  40. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    My 3rd/4th round pick (can't remember either) is a starting caliber DB leading (I think) my team in tackles. 3rd round picks are valuable.

BTW alex, you're going to need a RB. I cracked open that 2nd game, but that first was rough on ya. Booker's too slow to get to the edge.