1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Official Robotech Live Action Movie Thread*

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Ludacris, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    I can't believe I missed this bit of news. First Transformers, now Robotech.

"Warner Brothers Bringing Robotech to the Big Screen"
    http://www.movieweb.com/news/67/22567.php

"Lawrence Kasdan to pen 'Robotech'"
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3ia3b683089f36e7ebc4f8e5ab76f63bad

All my childhood dreams are coming true...
    [​IMG]

2. ChrisKo

ChrisKo Season Ticket Holder

Nov 28, 2007
    Desert
    please Please PLEASE tell me they will base the story off Macross and not the hacked up American Robotech storyline that mixed up Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada.

I'm a huge fan as well, so I want to see this done right. Hell, I bought (during the pre-order) the original AnimeEigo restored DVD collection when it was priced much higher. I'm kinda pissed that they produced more copies and have them so cheaply now. I guess I have the honor of knowing I helped get the series restored because of my pre-purchase.

Silverphin likes this.
  3. quelonio

quelonio Season Ticket Holder

Nov 27, 2007
    I never got Macross which is what we called it back home. It was like the other anime for people in Mexico, there where the Macross dudes and the St Seiya people. I was all into St. Seiya. I freaking adored St. Seiya.

Then everyone sort of banded together with Dragon Ball Z (Which I never got) before a crazy period of Evangelion lovers that was only for Otakus like my brother and moi.

4. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I'm with ChrisKo, it better be mostly Macross based.

If any of you guys (robotech/macross fans) can get your hands on a copy of Macross Plus (whether physically or by download) I suggest doing it. That movie rocks.

5. ChrisKo

Nov 28, 2007
    Desert
    Already own it and I do like it a lot. :)

6. ChrisKo

Nov 28, 2007
    Desert
    Evangelion is/was greatness. I really wished they'd hurry up and do they live action movie that's been in planning for like 6 years now. I think WETA will do an amazing job, but I'm still curious who they plan to have direct?

I wonder which movie will actually be released first? NGE or Macross?

7. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I didn't know what St Seyia was when Q mentioned it, but I think it would be a little one-sided for someone who was watching both Robotech and Eva for the first time at the same time. Both are great shows in their own right, but I don't know if I could watch Robotech over Eva having not seen either before, because the animation quality on Eva is just so much better (and understandably so based on how old each are).

8. Ludacris

Jan 8, 2008
    I have never seen Evangelion. I just remember watching Robotech as a cartoon when I was 9-10yo (man that was a long time ago) and I loved it. Its a great story with a space war backdrop. The movie will be phenomenal. Too bad they are only starting to write the script now...can't wait.

9. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    ...if the Execs don't find a way to screw this movie up.

10. Ludacris

Jan 8, 2008