1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official ***Steelers and Phins Gameday Thread***

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dirtylandry, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    I tend to think so too, but who knows with momentum. It was really starting to turn a bit with the adjustments they made on both sides. You walk out of there with at least 2 field goals or 10 points from the end of the 1st half into the first drive of the 2nd and suddenly its a game. The playcalling on Pitt's part changes too.

Instead they got to pin their ears back from the 1st quarter on.

2. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    I do. Which is valid for some of the sacks Tannehill endured, but show me a play like this one specifically.

3. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    Harrison doesn't move an inch - he extends his arms and shoves Ajayi back. Watch the 39 yard line where Harrison is standing.

4. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I edited that post right before this reply, it's a page back. It was definitely a Harrison highlight.

5. invid

Dec 9, 2012
    You could probably splice together all of Dallas Thomas' snaps and have a lot of moments like this one specifically.

danmarino and MikeHoncho like this.
  6. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    When I first saw it I rolled my eyes and overreacted like many people - but the more I've watched now it's hard for me to sit there and say he could do anything to prevent it. Now the other fumble I still have no idea what was going thru his head.

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Wait, does Jay get credited for .5 sack or what?

gilv13 and Rock Sexton like this.
  8. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    Those of us with eyeballs would never lay blame to Tanny for a play like that. Now - not making an effort to climb the pocket and eating a sack because of poor peripheral vision? Yes, some of us have definitely criticized him for that.

I mean look at the reality - prior to the Pitt game Moore had only been sacked 1 time 13 quarters. It's the one thing in general he does better than Ryan. It's something we can only hope Gase continues to work on with #17. He was showing signs this year.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  9. invid

Dec 9, 2012
    I honestly would have rather he took the sack in a goal to go situation, whatever it took to hold on to the football. Defense was having problems of their own and to not even have the opportunity to put up any points whatsoever.. I don't know.

danmarino likes this.
  10. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    That's definitely a valid concern/point.

invid likes this.
  11. invid

Dec 9, 2012
    That's totally fair, but sometimes, like this play; there just simply isn't a pocket to climb into.

12. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    I still disagree on the pocket. There was room on the right and he recognizes the blitz off the left edge early. Parker was running a curl right at the sticks, which is what Moore was eyeballing. He's only doing what any mobile QB would try to, which is evade the rush.

I get where you're coming from though - considering how aggressive Pitt's D was playing.

[​IMG]

13. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I can't post the pic from my phone...but on the Ajayi collision, the reason Moore fumbles is because when he tries to break the pocket, he holds the ball out away from his body with his right hand, instead of clasping it to his body with both hands. Just like the other fumble. The fumble is all on him.

danmarino likes this.
  14. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Absolutely no reason for him to not have both hands on the ball in both of those fumbles.

He knows the rusher is right there and wants to pretend he's Lesean McCoy.

danmarino, Fin D and resnor like this.
  15. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    Allow me to post it - since apparently you like re-writing the narrative. Ball is inside to his body. He's trying to put both hands on it and Ajayi's elbow dislodges it as he was thrown forward by Harrison.

If someone wants to say "eat dirt" on that play I get it. Mitchell was coming like a bat out of hell off the left side. But he's efforting - since when do we hold that against QB's to avoid the rush?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jdang307 and Fin-O like this.
  16. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Dude. Post earlier, when he starts to run, the ball is well outside his body, and he can't get it tucked when the contact comes. Soooo...again, he should have had both hands on the ball. He didn't, he had the ball carelessly out away from his body.

The only one writing a narrative here is you.

danmarino and Fin D like this.
  17. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG]

There you go.

18. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    He pulled it inside bro. The picture you posted is earlier in the progression of the play when Mitchell has just come from the edge. You're also not considering vantage point in your photo as he's still 3-4 steps away at that stage. He ends up not being able to tuck with both hands because Ajayi's forearm is restricting his left hand/arm.

He's trying to get outside to the right (which he did the very previous play on a completion to Landry) in order to get the ball out to Parker at the sticks. His mistake on the play is assuming Ajayi could take Harrison on 1-on-1. Just totally punked the man.

[​IMG]

Steve-Mo likes this.
  19. shamegame13

shamegame13 Madison & Surtain

Dec 15, 2014
    Just so it's clear, with Tannehill or without Tannehill, we were losing this game. Tannehill is okay but he ain't that good.

20. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Dear god your bias is so apparent. You're so pro-Tanny you've become anti-Moore.

shamegame13 likes this.
  21. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Personally, I think the W/L outcomes of all games Moore played in would've been the same with Tannehill, but I don't think the games would have looked the same.

Arizona we'd have won by a lot more had Tannehill not gotten hurt, Jets game Moore was fantastic and I doubt Tannehill would have played as dominant but we still win (Jets were weak), Buffalo 1st half Tannehill would have played better.. not sure about 2nd half but overall I expect we'd win (too much Ajayi not to), NE we're losing regardless and Pittsburgh I think it's much closer with Tannehill but we still lose.

Overall Tannehill is a bit above average but finished on a high note.

22. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Actually, the defender doesn't even touch the football. I think it was Mitchell? Wraps Moore up around the body but it's actually Ajayi that runs into, collides with, and knocks out the football with his arm or elbow.

Fin-O likes this.
  23. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

There are people who've been ****ting on Thill for years making sigs and avatars and threads touting Moore as the savior of the season.

Your side fo the argument has literally no leg to stand on when it comes to pointing out agendas and what not.

danmarino and resnor like this.
  24. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    As tough and strong as Ajayi is, the fact Harrison just rag dolls him like that was quite impressive. I also thought he was peeling back to pick up Mitchell because Ajayi's arm moves towards Mitchell (you see it from a different angle). That's when he knocks the ball out.

25. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I was talking about resnor. No sides, or teams. You're funny. So were you Team Edward or Team Jacob? Just wondering.

26. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Yeah I'm looking at the video (from 6:00):

and while I agree with Rock that Ajayi was pushed into Moore.. that push wasn't a violent one. Personally I expect the QB to hold onto the ball in that situation. I can't absolve Moore completely of blame on that one, though I agree it's not as bad as the first one.

cuchulainn, danmarino and resnor like this.
  27. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    You're out of your mind. It was a terrible play. Doesn't matter who the QB was. I'm not "pro-tanne" I'm "anti-idiocy."

I guarantee if that was Tannehill who had done that, twice, this forum would be full of "Cut Tannehill" posts.

danmarino, slickj101 and Fin D like this.
  28. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    No you're right, there's no clear sides at all........

Sigh.

danmarino and resnor like this.
  29. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    It's interesting...the same people who hammered Tannehill for supposed pocket presence issues, give Moore a free pass for being extremely careless with the football, holding it in a way that would get a Peewee League QB benched.

30. shamegame13

shamegame13 Madison & Surtain

Dec 15, 2014
    Because Moore is a backup QB that makes a lot less money then Tannehill.. If anything, Moore proved that there shouldn't be that big of a difference in pay between him and Tannehill.

31. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I think you're missing my point. He should never, EVER, have tried to scramble with the ball held out like that. I know my pic is earlier, but that is the point. He started his scramble with the ball way out, and when it all went bad, he couldn't get it back to his body. It's basic football. Every coach he's had has told him not to do that, of that I'm sure.

It's also why he fumbled twice in that game...probably why he has a fumbling issue in general.

cuchulainn and danmarino like this.
  32. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    I held him accountable on the first sack/strip. This other play though is crazy. Harrison pushed Ajayi into him, which held up his left arm. There was no way to tuck the ball with two hands when he senses Mitchell behind him and attempts to step up-around the pocket. This is all happening in less then 2 seconds.

33. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Except the people in referring to, many of then believe Moore should start over Tannehill.

And Tannehill wouldn't have had those two fumbles or the awful pick. That's why he gets paid so much more.

34. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    But both those fumbles are a result of Moore holding the ball out. Yes, the oline play was atrocious. I wouldn't have faulted Moore for getting sacked on the second fumble, but his handling of the ball was atrocious. The fumble was his fault. Had he secured it properly from the get go, it wouldn't have been a fumble.

cuchulainn and danmarino like this.
  35. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    Without a doubt he can run Gase's offense when called upon and honestly I thought they had a really great thing going on with all the drag routes and crosses.

36. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Name the people who think Moore should start over Tanny?

37. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Those three turnovers were so bad because he was playing very well. But those were backbreakers.

danmarino likes this.
  38. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Anti-Homer

Mar 14, 2015
    He is breaking the pocket to try to make a play to the right side. When he realizes Mitchell is right up on him it's less than 2 seconds man. He can't freakin' secure the ball with two hands when Ajayi is holding his left arm from it.

You're only looking at this thing from a slow-mo vantage point.

39. Fin-O

Fin-O Initiated Club Member

Sep 28, 2015
    We have seen Ryan sack/stripped a few times and these same guy's blamed the OL for these exact same fumbles.

Stop being children, all of you and admidt your agenda's.

shamegame13 likes this.
  40. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Finster
    Rock
    Dolphin25

I know I missed some.

Fin-O and Fin D like this.