1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official WWE/TNA Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by alen1, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Only if it ends with Kane being buried alive for real and never to return to the WWE again.

2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida

Kane himself isnt bad at all. Its the absolutely ridiculous storylines WWE has decided to put him in. In fact can we just rehire the writers from attitude era?

Side Note: If the writers can screw this match up with some ******ed ending, they should all be fired. Six very strong wrestlers in the ring. Minus Miz....

3. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    It's just not as simple as "it's the writers". A lot has to do with the main people in charge of everything (The McMahons) as they have extremely short attention spans and just book things on the fly sometimes with little sense or reason to things. The writers give suggestions and ideas but the McMahons have the final decision on everything.

Of course the business is extremely different now compared to the Attitude Era.

And to your side note: If Jericho doesn't win this 6 pack challenge then it makes zero sense to even have this match.

EDIT: It makes zero sense having Ziggler job yet again, seriously since the Rumble all he's done is job.

4. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Match was pretty good. Not stellar but not bad for sure.

Speaking of Kane. I really wish they could have just brought him back in his OLD mask and not speaking.

5. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    They close RAW with Kane yelling at Eve? Seriously bro? Ugh can't wait for this storyline to just be over already.

And let me get this straight Triple H doesn't want to face The Undertaker at WM because he doesn't want to be the one to end the streak? Really? So they're going to have The Undertaker chasing Triple H to make the match?

6. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    R-Truth is apparently ok after the botched spot in last night's main event. Word is is that The Miz got yelled at and blamed for the missed Truth spot. Miz had already been in the WWE doghouse as he was blamed for the poor Survivor Series buy rate (can you blame that? People are blaming him and not Cena or The Rock or the actual build to the match?) so look for him to start jobbing for awhile.

7. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    as for the buyrate being blamed on him, that is lame. but Miz didn't do much of anything to catch Truth in that spot last night, glad he was able to walk away with assistance. the landing itself had to hurt let alone the whiplash and his heading hitting the floor.

8. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    doesn't make sense, agreed. maybe it is the only way they could come up with to not turn HHH heel, maybe?

9. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Of course it's lame they blamed him for the poor buy rate but it's not like the WWE would ever dare blame The Rock or John Cena. Can't really blame R-Truth since he was really unimportant to the match and was suspended right afterwards. The whole problem with the Survivor Series was the build to the actual tag team match. I mean 2 weeks before the show Cena beats both The Miz & Truth in a handicap match. If Cena can beat them both by himself why does he even need The Rock's help? No one believed Awesome Truth had a chance. Instead they should have just booked a traditional Survivor Series elimination match with Cena & Rock as captains of opposite teams. They would have built fans interest and definitely would have gotten a better buy rate there.

As for Truth/Miz thing last night, I'm glad Truth is ok and not seriously injuried. Unfortunately it's the nature of the business that stuff like that happens from time to time. Yeah The Miz moved a few seconds before he should have but that stuff happens to even the best guys in the business.

I personally think Triple H is much more interesting as a heel but I understand at this point of his career he doesn't want to be one (much like HBK). But I just feel they easily could have done the whole I respect you and we had a hell of a match at last year's WM but The Undertaker is mad that he couldn't walk to the back on his own and Triple H is mad that he lost because he still thinks he was the better man that night so let's have one more match to settle it once and for all. Something as simple as that.

Now I'm sure next Monday with HBK returning he's going to talk Triple H into doing the match at WM because the reward (of ending the streak) is greater than the risk involved (simply losing another match). I think HBK is going to end up as the special ref, as he was rumored to be one last year. Still not sure if they're going to put Triple H's career on the line for the match, not sure how it would make sense with the current storyline though becuase The Undertaker has to be the one to request it and if Triple H says no it's not like the Undertaker is going to decline on the match afterall that video package of him at RAW last night and it's not like Triple H is just going to offer up his career for the hell of it.

10. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Alex, you can pick a match now, as we will just put you in as the sixth participant. However, Undertaker is already taken in a match with Christian, so you will have to come up with another match. The card so far looks like this:

Undertaker vs. Christian
    CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho
    Kharma vs. Beth Phoenix
    John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan
    Zach Ryder vs. Cody Rhodes

11. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    My match: Ray Finkle vs Kane

Ray Finkle likes this.
  12. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I will embace the hate not rise above it.

unluckyluciano and Samphin like this.
  13. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Im really thinking hard and considering my match right now. On a side note, what is everyones favorite rivalry of all time? For me it was The Rock and HHH back in the day, when DX was Road Dogg, X-Pac, Billy Gunn and HHH. Mainly because I grew up with that, but they were both great wrestlers at the top of their game and in their prime.

Also to talk about TNA a little, I like how their storylines actually end up playing out. For example they didn't just turn Roode into a heel. In his match with Kurt Angle he got screwed, and afterwards Angle told him when you're champion you do whatever it takes to retain your title. A few weeks later Roode smashes Storm over the head with the beer bottle to become champion and starts using dirty tactics whenever he can't pull it out on his own. They actually have little things that lead into eachother.

A guy and I were discussing at work today, does anyone know wtf happened to the Raw computer mystery GM?

14. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    That's a really good question...

I can't think of a single favorite but some rivalries that stood out in my mind:

Foley vs. Rock
    Stone Cold vs Vince McMahon
    Chris Jericho vs. Dean Malenko
    Edge/Christian vs. Hardys

15. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Rivalries: Austin vs. McMahon, Austin vs. Hart, Austin vs. The Rock, Hart vs. Michaels, Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart, Bret Hart vs. The USA, Jericho vs. Benoit, Sting vs. Flair, the beginning of the nWo storyline vs. WCW to name a few.

The WWE simply dropped the computer mystery GM since it didn't fit with the direction of RAW once Punk cut that promo and Vince, Triple H and John Laurinaitis showed up as varies "figure heads" of the WWE. Most likely the reveal of who actually was the mystery GM would have been a let down as that's the case for most of the surprise/mystery story lines.

16. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I completely agree with that however I still think it's ridiculous they dropped it. What if you were reading a book where the villain was an evil wizard and halfway through without warning the antagonist becomes an evil dragon because it fits the direction better. You'd scratch your head.

17. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    But it makes sense because it's wrestling. Stuff like that happens all the time. If they kept the storyline going it probably would have just turned out to be Vince again.

18. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Rumor is Yokozuna is going into the HOF this year with The Rock inducting him. Word is Triple H and HBK will induct the 4 Horsemen, Christian will induct Edge, Austin will induct Tyson and Alberto Del Rio will induct Mil Mascarsas.

19. Samphin

Alex has until tomorrow before we jump back to JT for his second match.

20. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    BTW, anyone else feel bad for the Big Show?

WrestleMania 21: Gets put into a Sumo Match against Akebono
    WrestleMania 24: Jobbs to Floyd Mayweather
    WrestleMania 28: Will Jobb to Shaq

21. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    This has to be some kind of joke on his part.

22. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    No, he's getting paid big money to be in those matches.

23. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    Not for nothing but I liked Brett vs the king rivalry years back

24. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    [​IMG]

Looks like the WWE is covering up Takers Baldness...

25. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    No you misunderstand. At wrestlemania Undertaker will come to the ring on his motorcycle and be introduced as Ghost Rider.

26. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Anyway for my match I'm going with a #1 contender match. This is our specialty match seeing as we don't have one yet.

This is a four way table elimination match.

Randy Orton vs Mark Henry vs Wade Barrett vs Sheamus

Orton comes out and tells everyone now that he is finished with Wade Barrett he feels he needs to defeat the man who took his title before he reclaims it. Mark Henry basically comes to the ring and stares him down doing his tough guy act. Barrett comes out and lets the world know that the Barrett barrage isn't finished, his train was just slightly derailed by the viper.

In this situation Sheamus loses to Jericho in the rumble, but eliminated both Barrett and Orton. Sheamus comes out and reminds everyone he eliminated two of the three men in the ring from the Rumble, and Henry didn't compete, so he should be the #1 contender. They all argue for a minute before Teddy Long comes out and books the match, except he wants this to be settled once and for all between these men. (Remember Sheamus had a brief rivalry with Henry, Henry with Orton, Orton with Barrett) There is bad blood. So at Wrestlemania the four men standing in the ring will compete in a table elimination match. Last man not put through a table gets the next shot at the World Heavyweight Championship.

Result: Doesnt matter except Wade Barrett dies after being put through a table and is never seen on WWE television again.

27. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Just when you thought this Kane/Cena feud couldn't get any worse last night happens. Thankfully it will be over by Sunday but man the WWE has really killed Zack Ryder for no purpose at all. I really liked the HBK/HHH interview and the matches themselves weren't bad either (I thought it was funny when Orton screwed up the RKO on The Big Show and stood around like a moron waiting for Bryan to attack him).

28. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I LOVED the HBK-HHH segment. thought the RKO botching was funny given Orton got pissed at Kofi when he botched the ending of their match
    [video=youtube;N-kxxFjiD6s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-kxxFjiD6s[/video]

29. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Interesting, the WWE is claiming Orton suffered a concussion on RAW and is thus out of the Elimination Chamber match on Sunday.

30. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Santino Marella is in the Elimination Chamber

Wonder whats more likely to happen, He wins the title, or The Undertaker losing at WrestleMania

31. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    He wins the title. If the WWE ever has The Undertaker lose at WM they might as well just take a pile of money and burn it on TV each week.

32. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    The WWE is apparently not happy with Brodus Clay's in ring work and are apparently sending him back down to development. He hasn't wrestled on TV since the Rumble and one of his matches that was taped for Smackdown never aired. I find it a bit weird they would pull the plug on the guy who is different and starting to get over yet continue to put The Great Khali (who can barely move at this point) in the Elimination Chamber match. Sure Clay isn't Shawn Michaels or even The Big Show with his in ring work but all he does is squash jobbers, I say let him continue to run through the Heath Slaters and Curt Hawkins of the WWE while putting him in the ring with Regal or Goldust in house shows so they can teach him how to work. His act is already over with the crowd might as well milk it until it spoils (pun intended).

33. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    WWE is officially announcing tomorrow that WM29 will be at MetLife Stadium in NJ. I still think it's a bad idea due to the weather but what do I know?

34. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    I don't think that would have taken long. This would explain why he was having ten second matches. You would think before they brought a guy up to television and took the time to promote him they would be sure he could at least put on a decent match.

35. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    That would make too much sense. But he's a big man anyway, most of them suck in the ring. Its just kind of puzzling how they hyped his return/redebut only to keep pushing it back and back to finally coming up with a somewhat marketable gimmick that makes him stand out from the other big men in the WWE to sending him back down. You have to wonder if there's something else going on, maybe he pissed off the wrong person backstage and is getting punished.

36. Samphin

JT is on the clock.

I am okay with the killing of the Zach Ryder gimmick as I never thought he was that entertaining or good in the ring as it was. I still think he can pull off his internet videos if he pleases, but just make his on camera persona a little more serious.

Also, reports are saying that Orton concussed himself with the Big Show RKO (the non botche done...which also appears to be botched), which I am pleased to hear since the storyline is that Bryan hurt him. If that was true, I would have fully expected Bryan to be booted from everything main event until he was considered adequately punished.

As it stands, I think they have a pretty awesome setup for him in Elimination Chamber that I won't spoil until it airs tomorrow. But if played correctly, Bryan will be able to lay claim to winning the Elimination Chamber without actually having to do anything.

37. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I know you were never a Ryder fan but you have to admit the way they killed his character, especially considering how over he was, is pretty mind blowing. I agree he wasn't very good in the ring and his character did have a limited life span and probably needed to get a bit more serious and slowly drop the Jersey Shore gimmick but I still can't believe how bad they messed with him. I really do feel like it was a good old "F You" to the fans. And the WWE is slowly killing his internet show too by having control of it on their YouTube channel. The only positive is that Ryder is still employed and making some good money at the moment with his merchandise sales.

38. muscle979

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    They can always change and adapt characters. He was over with the fans, there was no reason to bury him. None. If he was 6'10" he could be complete slop in the ring and they'd still be throwing him out there.

On a side note they should have done the Cena/Rock match last year. I already feel like I've completely lost interest. It doesn't help that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Rock is going to be putting over Cena somehow. Are the WWE's 'unexpected' storylines limited to last minute Royal Rumble winners that nobody cares about or can they figure out something nobody is expecting for the Rock/Cena match?

39. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Right. John Cena started out with a Vanilla Ice gimmick, his character was goofy (much like Ryder's) but once he started rapping and got himself over they slowly phrased out that rap gimmick. They could have easily done that with Ryder too.

As for Cena/Rock, in fairness to the WWE, The Rock was never planning on wrestling again for them. I believe it was like a week or 2 before WrestleMania that he let them know he was interested in wrestling again. You and the rest of us lost interest in the feud because the match has been booked for almost a full year now and the story hasn't really developed much (of course the WWE dropped the ball with them at the Survivor Series too so that doesn't help). Once The Rock starts showing up on RAW I bet you'll be invested again.

As far as who's winning, I honestly have no clue nor do I think it's a foregone conclusion that The Rock is putting Cena over. I think it's going to be one of those matches, much like Rock/Hogan at WM18 where no one had a clue what was going to happen. I do think The Rock is going to win since it's in his hometown and Cena is going to be booed out of the building. Plus I think there are more interesting stories that can explore if Cena loses. Plus if another wrestler (say CM Punk) does end up beating The Rock at a different PPV it will give the victory more meaning.

40. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Not really sure how I felt about elimination chamber. Best match of the night on first? Raw Elimination Chamber gets an A+ in my book. However I found the Smackdown Chamber really weak in comparison, highlight being Big Show climbing into the pod with Bryan. However I do not see how having Show eliminated so early helps the storyline progress AT ALL. Other than there is no other way for Bryan to remain champion as no-one will buy him beating Big Show 1-1. Also didn't like Beth beating Tamina. For her size Beth really isn't very skilled in the ring, on the other hand Tamina really showed a lot tonight. Definitely a skilled wrestler and not just for a woman.

My overall match grades:

Raw Elimination Chamber Match: A (Wait I said A+ in my book, so A+)
    Smackdown Elimination Chamber: C+
    Divas Title Match: B-
    Gabriel vs Swagger: D+ (Why even have this match at a PPV it was short and boring as hell minus Gabriel diving out of the ring)
    Kane vs Cena: C+ (Aside from the AA off the ambulance it was kind of painful to have to watch. Horrible WRESTLING, weapons are the only reason I even grade it this high)
    Cut Scenes and promos: B (Santinos cut scenes were kind of ridiculous but still funny. The John L in ring scene was EH but I liked later when Teddy Long said HE should run both shows, sets up a decent storyline in the future)

I don't see how anyone can knock Ryder for his in ring skills, the Rough Ryder takes an incredible amount of athleticism for a guy his size. I find him to be very capable in the ring of putting on a great match with other wrestlers. Ryder vs Ziggler was a GREAT match, both guys really showcased their talent that night. I do agree that he could drop some of his goofyness in his character but at the same time it would be a mistake to make him dead serious.

Also I don't see how The Rock could put Cena over even if he lost. Cena (sadly) is the biggest star in WWE of the last at least what five to eight years or so? You can't "Put Over" the guy who holds the record for most WWE championships. Thats ridiculous, and I hate Cena but I can recognize he is ALREADY over. I don't even like The Rock vs Cena as a match. There is no winning regardless of who wins unless The Rock comes back full time. If Cena beats him I don't see the big deal in beating a guy who hasn't wrestled for the last what five years? If The Rock wins, well he is The Rock he is supposed to win and it does nothing for WWE if he walks away again making spot appearances.