1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official WWE/TNA Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by alen1, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Great ending to a great RAW. Nothing beats the RAW after WM. Nice that the ending is Bryan and The Shield standing tall building on their WM moments. It's not always about wins and losses but about positioning and once again Bryan and The Shield are positioned strong.

SICK likes this.
  2. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    As long as you keep Paul Heyman away from the check book, he's one of the best people you can add to a promotion.

3. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

The visual of Cesaro joining forces with Heyman was a good one, but it is a confusing pairing going forward with a more traditional crowd. Heyman is clearly a heel manager and his association with Brock Lesnar makes that even more evident.

I assume the idea is to push Cesaro as a face, so pairing him with Heyman is questionable.

Unless, of course, Brock is gone for awhile now and they want Heyman to have something to do. Cesaro is a way better charge than Rybaxel to try this experiment with, at least.

The Shield turn was pretty predictable, but well done.

Kudos to Big E who turned the crowd back on his side, even if it was for a moment, for deadlifting Rowan a few times.

Also, kudos to Cesaro for what seemed like an impossible suplex of Swagger.

Paige's finisher looked awful, but it may have been AJ dogging it. This should also put to bed any thought of Punk coming back.

Lots of debut vignettes and debuts, in general tonight. Adam Rose looks awful, the re-package of Bo Dallas seems somewhat interesting (he is Bray Wyatt's brother and a natural babyface). Rusev looks to be a solid hand, but the Evil Foreigner Gimmick has been done to death. Paige is supposedly a tremendous female talent, so we will see what happens.

4. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Man the young talent wwe has right now is amazing.

5. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Shield vs evolution would be cool to see

6. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    also hate to say it but... WWE does not need punk at all.

SICK likes this.
  7. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Also think how different the WWE would be had the Rock decided to wrestle at this years WM. It would have been Rock-Brock and Taker would be 22-0

8. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I think the pairing Heyman with Cesaro is to give Heyman something to do as I don't think we'll be seeing Brock until the summer, especially since they didn't make any mention of wanting a title shot or challenging another wrestler.

I do think Heyman is going to help Cesaro big time in terms of both credibility and getting pushed to the next level. And this is better use of Heyman's talents then stuck with dead weight in Rybaxel.

I kind of wish they didn't have the segment with Stephanie, Kane and The Shield. It was strange and kind of out of place especially since The Shield had already turned face 2 weeks ago. It left the ending to RAW predictable but was still effective and well done.

9. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    This is not shocking. How many wrestlers left the WWE, whether they quit, fired, retired, etc and the company just keeps marching on. The WWE is and will always be the biggest star.

10. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I wonder who the heck The Undertaker would have fought then. Maybe Cena? I don't remember what the original planned line up was besides The Rock vs. Brock and Triple H vs. Punk.

11. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    The word for a while was that Vince wanted Stone Cold to come back for one last match at WM vs. the Undertaker for WM 30. That was rumored forever.

12. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    This is why you need WWE network. You would have seen most of this coming. The Cesaro superhuman suplex? Did it on NXT.

Adam Rose sucks on NXT as well. The only cool thing about his gimmick is that he has an entourage.

As for Paige, AJ Lee screwed it up, and Paige hurried her "Page Turner". (she also has a submition move as well)

This is what it is supposed to look like:

[video=youtube;t6RBMsDvZZs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6RBMsDvZZs[/video]

13. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah? Like I said I couldn't remember but I'm glad that match didn't happen. For whatever reason Austin and Undertaker outside of their Summer Slam 1998 match just never had very good matches, maybe it was a clash of styles. Austin and JR even admitted as much on one of their podcasts.

14. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Cesaro also hit that suplex on Cena in their awesome RAW match a month ago. I think that may have been the first time he used that move on RAW. Such a cool looking and impressive move.

Section126 likes this.
  15. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    So HHH deserves some props, no?

Big E is IC champ, Sheild is huge. Wyatts are huge. Bryan is champ. Cena did a tag match, lost, and wasnt seen the rest of RAW, Bo is coming, Rose is coming, Paige is champion, Cesaro is being pushed through the moon, Usos are champs, Barrett is back in the ring.....

The youth in the WWE and as the faces of the company is incredible!!

16. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Minus Sin Cara, the talent Triple H's has brought in has been very good no doubt.

SICK likes this.
  17. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    Against Sami Zayn (formerly El Generico). That match was awesome.

Section126 and Ray Finkle like this.
  18. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Love that he put Bryan over clean at mania, then had him go over clean in main event.

19. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    It really was the only choice to make there but can you imagine what the internet would have been like if Triple H beat Bryan in the opener of WM, Undertaker lost his streak and Batista or Triple H won the WWE title in the main event? There might have actually been a real riot at WM. The next night on RAW would have been fantastic though with the crowd.

I still have my doubts about Triple H when he steps into the ring though, I still don't trust he'll always do the right thing for business vs. what his ego wants/needs.

20. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    RAW ratings were up 18% from last week, 17% from 2013's night after WM and 22% from 2012's.

Good news obviously, hopefully it continues or you know who will be blamed.

21. Samphin

For the record, I have been following Cesaro since he was Claudio Castignoli in ROH. I don't need no NXT BS to see his arsenal! ;)

Adam Rose sucks. Might as well make it 4MB and be done with it.

Paige is young, so I will give her a pass, and since my girl trained her in NXT, I am looking forward to seeing her in action.

I found a good article that talks about betting on pro wrestling and also confirms what I suspected go es on in WWE with regards to how cloaked in secrecy the results are. Once I find it again, I will post.

22. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    It's funny how the atmosphere of NXT and the main WWE brand are night and day. Even the female wrestlers (especially Tamina Snuka) wrestle a lot better on NXT.

23. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Yeah no kidding. I blame the "WWE Style" on dumbing down the wrestlers.

Just rewatched the Cesaro/Sami 2 out of 3 falls match again simply incredible.

24. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    Right?

Also, see Adrian Neville vs Sami Zayn. It's awesome as well.

Ray Finkle likes this.
  25. Jt0323

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Ultimate Warrior died. Erie after his raw promo last night. Crazy. May he rip and glad he entered the hof before he died.

26. Samphin

Well, this breaks his own record for shortest comeback...

Sucks.

27. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Just terrible news about The Ultimate Warrior. He was my first favorite wrestler growing up. The first WM I ever saw was WM6 because the cover of the VHS at the video store looked awesome with him and Hogan on it, the first PPV I ever ordered was Summer Slam 1991 because he was in the main event in a tag team match. I'm glad he seemingly buried the hatchet with the WWE and was able to go into the HOF while he was still alive and got to enjoy the moment, along with appearing at WM30 and also RAW. RIP Warrior.

Hopefully this is a wake up call to the WWE to try and put any petty BS feuds it has with past wrestlers and try to honor them while they're still around because everyone knows the wrestling business doesn't have a great track record of guys sticking around. Although it does appear like they are trying to do just that with Bruno and then the Warrior in recent years.

SICK likes this.
  28. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Eerie as hell after his speech on RAW. I wonder if he "felt" he was going soon.

29. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    We will probably never know but it's easy to speculate based on his HOF speech and comments on RAW that he knew he was sick and was close to the end or something like that. I'd bet he probably had a heart attack due to the years of steroid abuse but I guess we'll find out sooner than later what cuased his death. Still really eerie based on what happened the past week with him.

The wrestling business is just hell, watching the old WWF PPVs, especially WM7, keeps on getting more and more depressing as the years go by with all the guys that died way way too young.

dolphinkev, Section126 and SICK like this.
  30. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death was determined to be a massive heart attack.

31. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    Yikes.

32. Samphin

More specifically, I heard it was a myocardial rupture. Essentially, his heart pretty much literally exploded, if true.

Ouch.

33. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    **** the pain is insane to imagine!

34. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    [video=youtube;8C4lK41SX-Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4lK41SX-Q [/video]

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

35. Samphin

Apparently Eric Young won TNA's version of the World Title.

Apparently he beat reigning champion, Magnus.

Apparently TNA had a dude named Magnus as their World Champion, prior to EY winning it.

36. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Apparently TNA is still around.

37. Section126

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    I need video evidence of this, or I am just gonna assume that you made this all up.

In fact..if you posted that Bruno Sammartino just won the TNA title in a ladder match over Abdullah the Butcher, there is no way to prove you wrong.

Silverphin and Samphin like this.
  38. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Monday's RAW is going to be an Ultimate Warrior tribute show.

39. Silverphin

Nov 25, 2007
    All joking aside, Eric Young winning that title should have happened a long time ago. Unfortunately, TNA had to go through that phase where the 90's all-stars had to get top billing.

40. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Obviously it's a long ways away but the 2 WM31 matches that are penciled in right now are Triple H vs. Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar vs. either Cesaro or The Rock.

The WWE will also be airing a Warrior tribute special on Wednesday, I believe, on the Network.

EDIT: Triple H/Reigns match could happen at Summer Slam too.